Universal Wizard Quest (By Mana Giant)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Mana Giant, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Mana Giant

Mana Giant Active Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Oulu, Finland
    Very nice to hear you've enjoyed the game this far MrMojo! Could say you hit one of our core ideas behind the game there; to bring something original to the genre. Earlier, we actually used to describe the game as being like Puzzle Quest but completely different. (;

Also, about the replayability; All along we've wanted to make it fun rather than boring, repetitive and something you just have to do for the sake of it. This is also something we work hard to maintain and make even more interesting as the game develops further.

Not sure you meant exactly this, but like I briefly mentioned in earlier reply here, we have the concept of randomly generated dungeons on the drawing board too. And it's definitely not the only additional mode we've planned on around the core gameplay. :)

Cheers for the feedback and hopefully you continue to enjoy the game!

- Magus of Many / Mana Giant

2. Mana Giant

Mana Giant Active Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Oulu, Finland
    Obviously it is possible to polish the details for foreverÂ… Here are the main phases of the development process of Wizard QuestÂ’s first worldmap, Ruins of Exile. The in-game graphics are all about pixels but the world maps have a more painting-like detailed style.

KeKhan: The game is optimized for retina as well. :)

[​IMG]

- Hanna / Mana Giant

3. Mana Giant

Mana Giant Active Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Oulu, Finland
    Wizard Quest is now available for iPads also in AppStores @ Russia, Kazakhstan and Poland! :)

4. Mana Giant

Mana Giant Active Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Oulu, Finland
    [​IMG]

Happy Holidays everybody! We're getting ready for the New Year... with some brand new particle effects! (If you've seen some Northern Lights lately it's probably our fault ;) )

Wizard Quest is now available also in AppStores @ Philippines, Cambodia, Vietnam, South Korea, Hong Kong and South Africa!

- Hanna / Mana Giant

5. Sternstunden

Sternstunden Member

Dec 3, 2013
    This looks very nice :)
    I wish it was in the German store already

6. Mana Giant

Mana Giant Active Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Oulu, Finland
    Thanks, Sternstunden! :) The world wide launch will be in January 2014, so your wait will end SOON.

Thank you, Sanuku, for the link! Do you know the person who has made this video? It seems that they can play our game pretty well ;)

- Hanna / Mana Giant

7. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    This is now Universal and out worldwide.

8. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    This is a "free to play" game that cost $0.99?

9. Yes it's rather strange that it's now pay. The game looks interesting enough but the pricing wonkeyness has turned me off.

10. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Woah, the gameplay looks really good

11. solinari6

solinari6 Member

Apr 13, 2012
    According to the App Store there are no iaps. Not sure if I'd trust them not to sneak them back in after we pay the 99 cents though.

12. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

Really interested in this, but a little hesitant if it's really just a free to play game that costs money.

13. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    A free game now costing $.99 and the description saying it's on sale? Whoa is right!

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't highly intrigued though. I'm developing a soft spot for match 3 RPG games. But definitely not IAP. Tough decisions here.

14. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    According to my App Store (N America) it says it contains IAP.

15. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I'd say wait until it actually goes free; unless there are overwelming positive impressions. I believe developers should get fair price purchases, but when there's IAP it's hard to say what a fair upfront price is.

16. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Good point! :)

17. solinari6

solinari6 Member

Apr 13, 2012
    Strange, I am in the n American store too, and it doesn't say "contains iap" for me

18. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    #39 ScotDamn, Jan 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
    I'm reading it on a laptop in iTunes. Under the price it says "Offers In-App Purchases". I'm not sure if it confirms this on mobile. If it doesn't, they should fix that.

Edit: I just confirmed this on my phone. It says "Offers In-App Purchases" under the game title > developer.

Sucks that it does. Im also not sure how I feel about te developers description saying the game is on sale if it's been free.

19. solinari6

solinari6 Member

Apr 13, 2012
    Weird. If I click on the link from the TA app, it doesn't say there are iaps, but if I search for the app from the AppStore it does. Oh well