GameClub Wizard Golf RPG (by Floor 27 Industries)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by toptrops, Dec 30, 2014.

1. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Found it again now but when I first installed there was a button on the start page to buy iap too

2. conscript

conscript Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jul 25, 2012
    Now that you mention it, I recall seeing something more prominent when I first installed it.

3. gingerbeardman

gingerbeardman Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Male
    Former Apple Technology Evangelist
    #TeamGB
    #63 gingerbeardman, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
    Presentation is rough
    If you're going for the pixel look it breaks the illusion to see things positioned in-between pixel boundaries, and to see varying pixel sizes. And to see a mix of vector and pixel.

Controls are annoying
    Aiming doesn't feel accurate. Stopping the power meter is a cheap form of control, let us set it manually. If I tap a sign please don't move my aim! It should automatically aim for hole with each new shot.

Doesn't feel like golf
    The best part of golf is to get the ball in the air and be able to judge your roll and approach. I miss that here.

Course design is uninspiring
    Maybe it will get better in future courses. But you need to inspire me immediately to keep playing and buy things!

But the concept is great.

I hope the developers address these issues in updates. t I'll keep it installed and watch for updates. But right now I won't continue playing as its too annoying.

I thought they trailer was great and I am a bit disappointed. Sorry!

4. conscript

Patreon Gold

Jul 25, 2012
    I put in a support email and Chris (one of the devs) addressed it right away. They have submitted an update to Apple that fixes some bugs and addresses some issues. The courses do get more intreging and difficult as you move along. I liken it to a mini golf course, where angles are vital. I also find the slider frustrating sometimes as well, but it gets better as you upgrade. Now I just need to find the last skull in the Dusty Crypts level and par the castle gates to move to the next quest!

5. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I find it hard to disagree with anything you've said there but for some strange reason it's really grabbed me!

6. Hi, any IAP purchase you make will get rid of ads. We will make this more clear in future builds.

7. Feedback

Thanks for the great feedback. We are dedicated to updating this game and improving it.

We hope to have a level pack very soon (for free) that will have some more complexity now that we have the core of the game down. I would like to get your feedback.
    - Do you find the current levels too easy or too difficult?
    - Are you looking for more of a narrative in each quest? (We stayed away from stories since I always skip all cut scenes in games like Kingdom Rush)
    - Are you looking for more combat (ie harder, smarter monsters)? Or do you like the exploration aspect of it (more level puzzles)

8. gingerbeardman

gingerbeardman Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Male
    Former Apple Technology Evangelist
    #TeamGB
    I like the multiple objectives. But I don't like the forced grind of doing them multiple times to get all medals. What are the current level puzzles?

I'd like to have to figure out a route around the level that would let me get all the medals in one - if I have enough skill to execute the route. For this I think aiming needs to be better.

Right now I play each course about the times: first to try for all the skulls, regardless of Par. Next I try for Par. Then I go back and mop up any monsters. It just feels like a grind.

Also, I think if you get close enough to a hole you should go in. Countless times my spell looks to beer in the hole, and my character even more so, but I need to taker one more shot to get in. Plus, I can get in these hole at any speed which its a bit odd.

9. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    The game is pretty fun and has a ton of potential! I know you guys want to make money off the game but the grind is a little off putting especially since the first few levels are a little underwhelming. The first impression should be a bit more catchy. Luckily I watched the preview video and know what's out there but not everyone will.

Overall it's a good game I'm excited to see what you guys do with it.

10. Great input. We have an idea on how to show more of what is coming up to the player.

Thanks

11. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    -The levels are just the right amount of difficulty! With time and patience I have managed the beat all but the last set of nine.
    -No problem with stories
    -little of both

More levels is my only suggestion. I am playing this game a whole lot and I can't stop! Like golf it can be very frustrating but also rewarding and saving up to buy new wands is a lot of fun. I have tried to purchase an extra inventory slot but seems to be an issue with that, I didn't lose money or anything. Gamemaker Studio: store unavailable or something to that effect. I only want to purchase IAP as a support to the devs who made an awesome game!

12. jaybarlekamp

jaybarlekamp New Member

Jan 14, 2015
    I am missing a golden skull in the dusty crypts. I've smashed everything. is there a hidden one here or did my game bug out?

13. Yup there is a missing skull. A build with the missing one has been submitted to apple.

14. conscript

Patreon Gold

Jul 25, 2012
    Is an update still coming?

15. Update

Hi Everyone, we finally got the new update through the apple review process. You can download it now.

What's New in Version 2.0.0?
    Update / Apologies

- Added the 10th skull in the Dusty Crypts. You thought you couldn't find it? Turns it was never there. Ha! Jokes on you guy who tried to bounce the ball off every tile.
    - Gem Bank is now correctly saved to your total after the round is over. Now this one I feel really embarrassed about missing considering my wife is a CPA. Sorry honey.
    - Fixed some broken sprites that looked like an invisible wall was in the King's Forest. It was like that scene in Time Bandits where they ran into the barrier and Fidgit said "Oh, so that's what an invisible barrier looks like."
    - In the proshop I added a new icon for buying inventory slots. Please buy one of them, it took me a real long time in photoshop to draw up these icons.

Alright everyone that's it for this week. Join our mailing list for news about discounts and feature previews: http://eepurl.com/EayI1

16. scottsoapbox

scottsoapbox Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

So the new update seems more polished. Thanks. :)

Issues/Bugs: I bought an inventory slot but I'm still getting ads (wasn't any purchase supposed to remove them?). On course 1-3 on the last hole I got a water hazard penalty but there is no water on that hole. Request: ability to turn off annoying menu music.

17. You are seeing ads with purchase? Yikes we will get on that, that is a definite nono.

18. scottsoapbox

scottsoapbox Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

More bugs:
    1) Inventory Slot Purchase icon sorta in the view - clicking on it does nothing.
    screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qlhbagn182aputi/File%20Feb%2020%2C%208%2059%2045%20AM.png

2) Look I've killed 23 of 20 monsters ;)
    screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dc0ghzwbar31a5v/File%20Feb%2020%2C%209%2000%2018%20AM.png

Also, not really a bug but the score bonus screen at the end is pretty unclear what is happening. Is it just totaling up what you did? If so, why call it a bonus screen. If it's giving a bonus - what bonus am I getting? Does completing an objective do anything beside give me a "master" sticker? Like gems or something?

19. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Thanks for the update hoping now i can purchase my inventory slot more as a thanks to the devs then a necessity. What about the coming soon world? Will it be in the next update. I know those things can take longer to come together than a bug fix.