Universal Witcheye, an upcoming mobile adventure from the maker of Satellina

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by petermalamudsmith, Dec 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petermalamudsmith

Jan 9, 2015
    #1 petermalamudsmith, Dec 1, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    UPDATE 8/5/2019:

(FINALLY:)

I'm thrilled to announce that Witcheye will come out on August 15 from Devolver Digital! I couldn't be happier about Devolver's involvement with the game. Thanks to everyone in this thread for your interest over the long development. I'm very happy with how the game came out, and I think you're going to love it.

Preorders are available here:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/witcheye/id1450851181
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.devolver.witcheye

Cheers,
    Pete

Hi! My name's Pete and I made Satellina and co-made The Great Gatsby for NES. I just finished a complete draft of my new game, Witcheye.

It's a big colorful platform adventure, really more in the console/handheld mold, but with a unique control scheme designed for mobile: imagine Breakout if you had direct control over the ball. You swipe to move and touch to stop, bouncing off of enemies and dodging hazards in six worlds. You play as a witch who transforms into a flying eyeball to get back her stolen ingredients from a smarmy knight and wizard.

There are 50+ levels and each has something completely unique--I was really inspired by the overstuffed feel of Super Mario Bros. 3, where there are tons of memorable little one-off episodes that everybody would talk about (the angry sun, the giant fish, Kuribo's shoe, etc).

You can now play the whole thing from beginning to end, but my current plan is to go back and revise just about everything. The goal is to get it out some time in mid-2018. Please follow me on Twitter for regular updates. I also keep a devlog here. Thanks!

2. JackDerp

JackDerp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2015
    This looks amazing!

Shame about the late release date, I would love to play what you have now :eek:

3. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Wow!! This looks really good. I also am looking forward to this.

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yep this looks great. Roll on 2018 !

5. Vyacheslav

Vyacheslav Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Electrical engineer
    Ukraine
    #5 Vyacheslav, Dec 2, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    Wow! This looks so colorful & rich in terms of graphics and gameplay variety that I can't help myself but wonder: will it also be released for Android? And if so, then will Witcheye be F2P or completely premium experience without in-app purchases and paid DLCs? I personally highly prefer second option, by the way ;)!

6. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    I’m so in on this game.....definitely keeping my EYE on this one

7. petermalamudsmith

Jan 9, 2015
    Thank you all! Vyacheslav, yes, it will definitely be released for Android. As far as payment, I agree--I vastly prefer to just sell a clean product for a reasonable price with no ads or other F2P stuff attached. That does make it a lot harder to sell, though, so it's possible I'll go with a different scheme--maybe just free with ads by default and you can pay the same amount to remove them. (I kind of hate that idea though, so... not sure yet.) Stay tuned! :)

8. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Has anyone heard any updates on release?

9. petermalamudsmith

Jan 9, 2015
    Hey jpgold--thanks for checking in! Still a ways from release, I'm afraid, but I'm doing a lot of work polishing up the early levels. Here are some new clips for you to check out. Also, I post regular updates on Twitter (@turbomcphazer) if you want to stay up to the minute. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    WOW

Thanks for the update, looks amazing.

11. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    That’s awesome, followed

12. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    So damn beautiful!! This is my most anticipated game. I’m so hyped for this. I’ll pay up to $15-$20 if it’s as meaty as you say it it is. Mfi support?? Ok see ya now. I’ll be going into a self-induced coma till it releases lol ��

13. Sieye

Sieye Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    East Coast
    Oyy this will definitely scratch my "old school gaming" twitch. Following.

14. petermalamudsmith

Jan 9, 2015
    April update

Hey guys--just wanted to give you a little update. I've been reworking my way through worlds 3 and 4, while also giving a little extra polish to some of the general effects in the game--adding some bounciness to the eyeball, better looking damage effects, etc. Here are some screens of recent developments.

You can follow me on Twitter at @turbomcphazer for more regular posts.

Some people have asked about the release timetable. I can't really give a strong enough disclaimer on this--100% of my estimates have been wrong so far--but I'm hoping to have the game out by the end of the year. General plan is, finish revising worlds 5 and 6 in the next couple of months, spend the summer testing the game and writing the soundtrack, put the finishing touches on it in the fall. Again, this is not a guarantee. But I'm tryin'!

Thanks for checking out Witcheye!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Just remembered this one. Was curious if there was a launch date set yet?

Saw some of your Twitter posts and looks amazing.

16. Aurelien.L

Aurelien.L Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2014
    This spring I can't wait!