Universal [WIP] Fugl – a 60 fps voxel flying game from the creator of Melodive

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by gjestland, Nov 2, 2014.

1. tintin888

tintin888 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    I get the same thing. The world hasn't loaded fast enough and I'm trapped in the oasis biome because it is enclosed on all sides

2. TheSilveryWolf

TheSilveryWolf Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2015
    I've found some minor glitches. This is one of them. It occurs after the bird crashes, so it doesn't interfere with gameplay.

Attached Files:

3. TheSilveryWolf

Dec 1, 2015
    Here's another. I believe this may also have to do with loading the world and with biome transfer.

Attached Files:

4. Realnanners

Realnanners Member

Jul 29, 2016
    Austin, Texas
    This game looks very interesting!

5. KittyWhisker00

Mar 20, 2016
    #1585 KittyWhisker00, Dec 21, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    This game looks absolutely gorgeous!! I sent an email to beta test! I really hope your still accepting!

6. gjestland

gjestland Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    yes I am! Invite sent! :)

7. KittyWhisker00

Mar 20, 2016
    Thanks for the invite! I love the game and it's gorgeous! There are some procedural generation errors though! :) In the snowy tree biome and the dark purple mushroom biome where the ground is all cut out and there is white there. There's invisible walls where the biomes change too. I think you said you were planning to have full procedural generation or something, where I can turn around and everything I've been through is completely different because only what's near me is saved? Is that what you meant? If so that would be a great idea!!! I would love to be able to turn around and have something entirely new! Also there are certain times when I'm flying and my screen will get foggier and foggier until I can't see, and when I crash I respawn way back outside the fog. Every time I try to go that way it's still foggy. This has happened in a polar biome, a tropical biome, and the dark purple mushroom biome before. Might I also recommend peaceful background music for the full release. I saw a video on YouTube where a guy had options. I was reading through the forum and you said you would bring those back. Those looked pretty cool! It looked like you could even customize your bird colors and wind and stuff! That's about all I have to say for now! Keep it up! This game... bird flying simulator has some serious potential! :)

Attached Files:

8. KittyWhisker00

Mar 20, 2016
    Wait! Is the fog disabling me from continuing how you artificially limit the terrain? If so then that makes sense! :)

9. KittyWhisker00

Mar 20, 2016
    #1589 KittyWhisker00, Dec 22, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    I saw your Fugl 0.8.2.4 video on Youtube. I saw a cave biome with the sparkling gems, stalactites and stalagmites, and a volcano biome in another video by someone else! Are those still in the game? If not, I hope they are re-added! They looked awesome!:) Also I noticed clouds AND waterfalls. Are those gonna be re-implemented into a newer build of the game? Those waterfalls looked fun! And any clue on when the options might be coming back? One last thing. Sorry if I sound like a newb or I say something wrong. I've only tested two other games who released before the TestFlight expired, but when the Testflight runs out do you/can you (or even other developers) give a fresh subscription to the game so that the testers can keep playing and keep testing newer builds? Sorry if I asked too many questions! :)

10. tintin888

Apr 18, 2016
    Also, a splash when you hit the water would be great!

11. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Do we know roughly when this will be released??

12. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I was thinking how fun it could be if you had some sort of "treasure hunt" where you would find clues on different formations that would lead you to something cool. Maybe a new secret area or some sort of random object of something. I think one of the best things this game has going for it is the amazing experience of the exploring. Whenever you see something new or cool looking for the first time you get that WOW moment. If you could put in some very random objects or rare objects, it would increase the wow experience. Maybe, put in some artifacts that could be part of some sort of mystery or story and create some lore.

13. tintin888

Apr 18, 2016
    Yeah, that is a good idea!

14. TheSilveryWolf

Dec 1, 2015
    I believe water reflections would add nice aesthetic value.
    The response to controls are a thousand times better.
    Also...happy holidays! :)

15. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Have you considered making the creatures larger? It's really hard to see them well.

16. SarahGould

SarahGould New Member

Dec 25, 2016
    First time player impressions

I apologize ahead of time if these comments are repeats - I could only skim the huge number of messages already on this forum.

First, I adore this game. It has the purity of exploration and discovery I would have wanted from No Man's Sky. The colors are gorgeous, and the level of detail is impressive.

It took a while to learn the controls. Even so, I keep stalling unexpectedly even if I've been flapping my wings consistently. And though I can occasionally manage to land, I usually run into a voxel immediately and die before I can either walk around or take off again. And dying itself is quite punishing, given how long it takes to restart.

These things take away from the zen exploratoration of the world, as it is very difficult to sight-see or move in for a closer look. As thrilling as it is to zoom through a small opening in the rocks or swoop along a canyon wall, I find myself frustrated by my inability to slow down and hang out with the polar bears.

A few bugs I've noticed: when the snowy cliffs abut tundra, there are massive sections of the cliffs that don't get drawn. I also keep running into areas of pink fog that obscure everything, including the bird, and the only escape is back the way I came. Finally, when I switch to another app, Fugl usually freezes and I have to restart. (For reference, I have an iPhone SE with the latest version of iOS.)

I look forward to following the progress of this game. It is already, for the most part, fantastic!

17. gjestland

Jan 15, 2013
    Yeah, clouds and waterfalls are coming back. The game was totally rebuilt from a level based system, where each biome would be a level and this new system where its just one big level that morphs from one biome to the next. The difficulty of this means that some features like particles, waterfalls, etc has been disabled, but its coming back! It's going to so be much better than it ever was!

Regarding the Testflight, every build lasts for 60 days, so as long as i keep on putting out builds on testflight, the game will still be playable for testers... The testing period will probably continiue a little while after release, just to make sure everything is running smoothly.

18. gjestland

Jan 15, 2013
    Yeah, but its a little about the scale of the world and unwanted polygon clipping if it gets to large.... But i really want to add some motion blur to the animnals, will make them easier to see i think.... also a lot more animals are coming on screen....

19. gjestland

Jan 15, 2013
    We're aming for march/april, but it might be a little tight as we're doing five platforms at the same time....

20. gjestland

Jan 15, 2013
    Happy holidays to you to! Glad to hear you think the controls are better. Water reflections/refractions are coming, i already have it working in the vr version, i think it should run fine on 6+ and above, but havent tested it yet. You're right, it adds a lot!