Universal [WIP] Fugl – a 60 fps voxel flying game from the creator of Melodive

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by gjestland, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Marcoapc

Marcoapc Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Some perching/ floating aliens birds

Attached Files:

2. gjestland

gjestland Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013

To be honest, not sure. Fugl is a snowball that keeps on getting bigger and bigger, with more and more platforms being planned. So it's going way beyond the original scope of the game. In the start it was only me, now we're 6 people working on it. Most of the work lately has gone into making Fugl (and the underlying engine) fully cross platform. We plan to release on iOS/Android/PC/VR/Mac/Xbox/PS4 and even Nintendo NX.

So thats why this is taking so long, but hopefully it will result in a much better game in the end. But, we've turned attention back on the iOS version and will release a new update very soon (within the next 7-10 days), that will feature a new alien biome, new creatures, double world height and more sophisticated animals.

Thank you everybody for your continued support, it's much appreciated!

PS. New testers always welcome, just send me an email: [email protected]!

3. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Quick question - if you set the Roll on "auto-level" does that mean that. you wont be able to roll like you can with the tilt option?

Besides that, this is more than I have ever anticipiated but somehow exactly how I really wanted this game to be.

I'll be back with more impressions and suggestions in the coming days.

4. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    Yes you're right, the autolevel feature is meant to always bring you back to match the horizon :) manual in the other hand lets you be acrobatic with your flying, more of a free-stylish approach ;D

5. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    TL;DR: looking forward to whenever this game comes out

6. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I hope the update comes soon. You have been killing me with all of your teasing posts! lol

7. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    The testflight is expiring in 1 hour! 8-O

8. RedDeath23

RedDeath23 Member

Dec 10, 2014
    What's the latest news on this one? I'm very excited (and impatient! :D) to test it out whenever that's feasible. I grew up on Pilotwings, various flight simulators, etc., and this looks to be something I've always looked for in a flight-based game but never quite found. The sense of speed and wonder with the beautifully evolving world looks amazing.

9. blakespot

blakespot Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2008
    Blogger, Reviewer
    Alexandria, VA (USA)
    It sounds like a new iOS release is imminent. I'm currently braving the expired beta period. :) I'm still loving this game and am anxious to see how it has evolved since the last release.

Twice world height -- impressive. I would have thought that would have had too much of a performance impact. (I hope performance wasn't achieved via that not-per-individual-voxel coloring that came (and then soon went) in the early September 2015 build!)

Lots of platform targets, indeed. PS4... I had been lamenting not seeing a VR Fugl experince in my future after deciding that I won't be spending the $ on a PC rig with Oculus just to get VR. I have a PS4 and will grab the VR unit, though. Will VR be supported on the PS4?

It's certainly been a long road. It will be great to see Fugl releasing so widely, though.

Are you able to speak about how you went from you and Marco to a team of six, Johan?

bp

10. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    Hey guys! Sorry for not having a build on TestFlight, we've had a couple of hiccups with the procedural generation. Luckily we've got a level editor thanks to Johan, hopefully will get this sorted out soon.

I'll keep you guys posted on this matter, and post some of the process from the level editor as well.

11. blakespot

blakespot Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2008
    Blogger, Reviewer
    Alexandria, VA (USA)
    Thanks for the update.

12. RedDeath23

RedDeath23 Member

Dec 10, 2014
    Looking forward to more updates on the level editor and the future of Fugl. The TestFlight has been expired for a long time; I feel bad for the testers who were playing it regularly and have not been able to since May 1. I really do hope this will release on as many platforms as possible because it looks to be a beautiful experience to play it! The VR platform sounds especially intriguing.

13. TheSilveryWolf

TheSilveryWolf Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Uh oh. My Fugl expired :(
    But those new creatures are looking good ;)

14. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    Updating the old bear model :)

Attached Files:

15. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    Somethings from the level editor.. (WIP) so fun!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    Some animals aren't so peaceful..

[​IMG]

17. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    Bald Eagle about to catch its prey ><>

Attached Files:

18. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    I wanna playyyyyy! =]

19. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    The grass is always greener on the other side :p

[​IMG]

20. RedDeath23

RedDeath23 Member

Dec 10, 2014
    Love that deer! The animations are really nice. Can't wait to see them hopping around their little biomes :D.