Universal [WIP] Fugl – a 60 fps voxel flying game from the creator of Melodive

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by gjestland, Nov 2, 2014.

1. GreyHeader72

GreyHeader72 Active Member

Oct 31, 2014
    Fugl

I like the idea of the pixels, very exotic colors too. But am I the only one whose eyes get tired very soon after watching the big pixel blocks?

2. TheSilveryWolf

TheSilveryWolf Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2015
    I wouldn't know, I don't play for long periods of time. But I did invite some friends to play, just to ask if they feel any motion sickness. A few of them did. I've never changed my options before. Maybe the default can have less sensitivity or something?

3. Marcoapc

Marcoapc Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Yes almost, every biome is still a work in progress. And there are maybe about 30-20% of all the animals available.

I think the jungle needs more pop of color (lot of flowers) and maybe darker tree leaves for contrast?

4. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    I agree! I'd be fun to fly through vines and maybe even perch on them.

5. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    All those already exist, they just haven't been implemented yet, I think some need the special movement Johan mentioned earlier :)

6. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    Same happened to me when I first started, but I think it's just something new to get used to, I got accustomed to it shortly after :p

7. TheSilveryWolf

Dec 1, 2015
    Happy holidays everyone!

8. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    Thanks man! You as well!!

9. TheSilveryWolf

Dec 1, 2015
    I'm wondering if you are planning on adding a tutorial or not. The game IS pretty straight forward, I had it figured out in two minutes.

10. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    That's really good to hear! We thought about a tutorial for a long time, it was going to be maybe a video or 2 Voxel thumbs showing the player how to fly.

It's not as easy to other players, a lot of people kept suggesting a tutorial.

11. TheSilveryWolf

Dec 1, 2015
    Hmm. I think you should do a tutorial, but I wonder what kind would be aesthetically correspondent to the theme of the game. I'm sort of leaning toward an interactive tutorial, because it would be difficult to convey the controls using a video.

12. TheSilveryWolf

Dec 1, 2015
    A picture tutorial would be simple enough. You could make a sort of slideshow saying things like, "use both thumbs to flap"...but honestly, if the tutorial doesn't have the raw beauty of the rest of the game, it wouldn't feel polished.

13. TheSilveryWolf

Dec 1, 2015
    I can't imagine how gorgeous the music will sound (providing you add music). The title page is already beautiful. The game itself feels more lonely than peaceful right now, but if the music is as fantastic as it is on the title page, I'm hooked.

14. TheSilveryWolf

Dec 1, 2015
    Another thing that can be discussed is the bird spawning. I fly around for five minutes and BAM, there's a group of birds flying around. It seems they spawn in clusters. I guess this is to make "hunting" easier, and it does. But birds don't exactly fly randomly in a certain spot in clusters...

15. TheSilveryWolf

Dec 1, 2015
    #1375 TheSilveryWolf, Dec 28, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
    Maybe more interaction? I don't know, I'm not a developer. The birds could spawn in different ways...like floating in the water like ducks, flying in formation, perching...

This would add some variety. Right now there's literally no birds until you find a ton of them flying in circles in one spot!

I don't know if that would drain more battery though.

16. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    Yes, in fact I've already made most the perching frames (if not all) it's just a matter of putting them in the game. There is a lot of content that hasn't been added yet but I don't think perching birds have been developed yet (a side from the main bird)

Regarding the clusters, I've also noticed it. I'd love to see specific bird formations to give them more personality and make the over all gameplay more interesting, including hunting :p

17. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    Happy New Years guys!! 2016 is literally around the corner.

Very thankful for all your support, it's really appreciate it!

Attached Files:

18. TheSilveryWolf

Dec 1, 2015
    You too! Wow, time has really flew! (my first joke of the new year)

19. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    This game is gonna come out soon ----- maybe this year!! :p
    (my first joke for the new year-LOL!)

20. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    XD! It did indeed! Lol