Universal [WIP] Fugl – a 60 fps voxel flying game from the creator of Melodive

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by gjestland, Nov 2, 2014.

1. TrueBlou

TrueBlou Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 20, 2014
    Software Developer - witenoiz.com
    Scotland
    Seriously can't wait to get my hands on this game. One of my most anticipated games this year I think.

2. Marcoapc

Marcoapc Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Haha I know right!? Such a great scene too :p I think that one was blue, I could make a blue version as well :)

3. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    That would be awesome. Blue is my most favorite color! ;)

4. Rokakku

Rokakku Member

Jun 18, 2015
    Hey again. Sorry haven't given decent feedback in a while but have been coursework heavy recently so have had fewer moments to relax. Am now avidly playing again though and loving what you have been doing with it. I hope it is coming along well. I look forward to playing more. Hope you have a happy holidays.

5. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    Wow that means a lot True! Thanks so much!

6. TheSilveryWolf

TheSilveryWolf Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Angler fish...I would think they would be in the cave biome?

7. TheSilveryWolf

Dec 1, 2015
    That's even better. Missions like...hunting every animal? Flying a certain distance? Perching...?

8. TheSilveryWolf

Dec 1, 2015
    You need to send an email to the developer. Just look at the front page.

Happy testing! :)

9. TheSilveryWolf

Dec 1, 2015
    Back to this...I still think it's worth a discussion. The good thing would be that you could dive into the water and encounter another world...but then, drowning wouldn't be possible and that might make it too easy.

10. TheSilveryWolf

Dec 1, 2015
    If the biome is connected to every other biome through water, that would be epic.

11. TheSilveryWolf

Dec 1, 2015
    Then again, the idea is for you to 'earn' the biomes through 'missions' and that wouldn't work...

12. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    Yeah that's probably where they will, hopefully they'll be glowing as well hehe

13. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    Or even have to ability to dive underwater and try to catch the underwater creatures that way, or explore/ go through hidden crevices underwater to get to the other side. If you go fast enough you would dive thru the water, otherwise you would just land on the water and move/float over it.

14. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    #1354 coolpepper43, Dec 23, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
    The jungle is very good but I think it needs more larger trees and add some really tall tree like in a rain forest. Jungle vines would also be great. This game is so freaking gorgeous!

15. TheSilveryWolf

Dec 1, 2015
    In my personal experience, I tend to fly low only when there's water and I'm out catching fish. If they are taller, there could be more room, I guess. But I don't know.

16. TheSilveryWolf

Dec 1, 2015
    I mean, there is improvement available for that biome but I can't pinpoint exactly what. I guess it's the fact that the biomes don't look like how they should?

17. TheSilveryWolf

Dec 1, 2015
    #1357 TheSilveryWolf, Dec 23, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
    No, no scratch that. I think it's the fact that there's not much to make each biome unique.

The tropical biome is too close to the atolls, and the canyon is too close to the oasis.

The jungle needs more bushes and low plant life instead of high ground, to contrast with the trees and allow more room. Right now, the only time it's lower is when there is water.

The polar biome is my least favorite biome (but it's still amazing, I'm not saying it's bad). I don't know, there's not much you can do except weave around icebergs. Since there aren't plants in that kind of biome or hills or uneven terrain, it seems bland compared to the others.

The cave biome feels cramped but that's probably because I'm a bit claustrophobic. The "roof" feels too low (even though it doesn't hinder flight).

The volcano biome is excellent, though I don't play it as frequently. My only concern is that you can touch lava without it hurting you. I personally don't mind that but I know some people will...I don't know though, that's still an iffy topic...

18. TheSilveryWolf

Dec 1, 2015
    I like the mountain biome. I feel it's the most unique in that it doesn't relate to any other biome. The only addition is the clouds at the peak.

I also love the uniqueness of the jungle biome, with those few tweaks mentioned in the last comment.

19. TheSilveryWolf

Dec 1, 2015
    What makes the atolls and tropical biome so similar is the trees. I don't know how you could change one or the other without it not resembling it's biome though. They both have that kind of trees.

What would be cool is if there's some water movement implemented. Your water design is gorgeous but it could add some elements to the polar biome if you make some waves, even small ones.

20. TheSilveryWolf

Dec 1, 2015
    I also notice that the animals in the polar biome can be added to. The mountain gets goats, the jungle gets frogs, etc. what about some polar bears or seals?