Universal [WIP] Fugl – a 60 fps voxel flying game from the creator of Melodive

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by gjestland, Nov 2, 2014.

1. gjestland

gjestland Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Fugl is exhibiting in Bratislava, Slovakia during a game jam there, so I'm making some big renders of the terrain:
    oasis above.jpg
    oasis.jpg

2. TheSilveryWolf

TheSilveryWolf Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Great! I love perching on trees because I can hop to an open area on the tree before taking off, which reduces my chance of bumping into something.

3. TheSilveryWolf

Dec 1, 2015
  4. TheSilveryWolf

Dec 1, 2015
    I don't know what that means, but that's cool. Weather would be cool. Snow in the mountains, rain in the jungle...

5. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    He means (if I get him right) that in its current build the light is not in real-time every time we play (probably to save some rendering power). But yeah, a day-night cycle would be cool. Maybe some fire-flies to lighten up the atmosphere would add some (even more) diversity at night.

6. TheSilveryWolf

Dec 1, 2015
    Thanks! That cleared it up. Yeah, fireflies would be really nice. He also mentioned somewhere that he would add buildings? I'm hoping that's still going to be a feature.

7. TheSilveryWolf

Dec 1, 2015
    #1287 TheSilveryWolf, Dec 2, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
    floating tree!

floating tree!

I don't know if this was intentional or not but wanted to make everyone aware. My guess is, it the 'trunk' was spawned in as a branch and the actual trunk is somewhere in there? I don't know. It isn't particularly bothersome either.:p

Attached Files:

8. TheSilveryWolf

Dec 1, 2015
    Sometimes, especially when near some sort of structure (the ground, water, a tree, etc.), the camera zooms in too close and I can't even see the bird for a few seconds. This only happens when I have "both thumbs" for steering in "first person" view.

9. TheSilveryWolf

Dec 1, 2015
    #1289 TheSilveryWolf, Dec 2, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
    options bug?!?

In the options, there's some sort of glitch. I change the control to tilt and the roll automatically goes to tilt. Then I set it back to touch and the roll is still in tilt...it only changes from tilt to auto-level, not manual. But if I exit out of the options and come back the only two options in the roll is auto-level and manual—which leads me to believe that those are the only two options that are supposed to be available.

Am I making sense? I think if you change your mind after setting it to tilt and set it back to touch and then change the roll it'll still give you the original settings...which I don't think is supposed to happen...

10. TheSilveryWolf

Dec 1, 2015
    #1290 TheSilveryWolf, Dec 2, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
    I hope I'm not spamming the forum! I'm a very dedicated tester so I report everything I find.

11. gjestland

gjestland Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Hehe, also consider sending me email: [email protected] if it's bug reports! :)

12. TheSilveryWolf

Dec 1, 2015
    You should really add sound and music options. After they are finalized and stuff, I mean.

13. blakespot

blakespot Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2008
    Blogger, Reviewer
    Alexandria, VA (USA)
    The clouds do seem a shade fast, I agree.

bp

14. Reydn

Reydn Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    More feedback:

- I really like the new Jungle and Oasis biomes
    - The improvements you mentioned for ground movement and taking off from standing will be appreciated
    - I don't have a 6s so this may already be a feature, but the ability to press harder on the left to flap harder would be cool

15. Reydn

Reydn Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Are you flapping enough?

16. TheSilveryWolf

Dec 1, 2015
    I have my options on both thumbs. I think I'm flapping too much actually. Maybe. When I'm trying to catch fish, going back up again is a struggle.

17. TheSilveryWolf

Dec 1, 2015
    Same. The jungle is my favorite!

If you are thinking about ideas for new biomes, a city biome would be cool. The game feels lonely even with all the creatures, it's all quiet. It may be challenging, though.

18. cerbo

cerbo Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2015
    Training Biome ?

I have been bothering Johan for some easy/relaxed mode... On second thought an easier biome with fewer tall obstacles would also fit the bill. I've improved my flying and landing skills but still tend to die before catching any prey.

Which of the current biomes do you guys find best for training?

19. blakespot

blakespot Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2008
    Blogger, Reviewer
    Alexandria, VA (USA)
    You realize the greater the surface area of your left thumb press, the faster the wings flap, right?

bp

20. TheSilveryWolf

Dec 1, 2015
    What option do you use? Right, left, or both thumbs?