Universal [WIP] Fugl – a 60 fps voxel flying game from the creator of Melodive

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by gjestland, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Rider

Rider New Member

Aug 16, 2015
    This game looks great! I love all the landscapes, I'm guessing it's all procedurally generated?

2. Bluen

Bluen New Member

Aug 16, 2015
    Looks great! I played it off and on over the last few days, and can't say I have anything to add to the discussion here. The controls had a bit of a learning curve, but fiddling with bird speed did the trick.

The "boosts" we're hard to access. Often when restarting in the cave biome, often I didn't have enough speed to avoid crashing again.

Can't wait to play the game when there's an objective. Good work!

3. Maximus Prime

Maximus Prime Member

Aug 2, 2015
    "Fugl is going to be premium with any IAP whatsoever! :)"

I Hope you meant without any IAP #

4. Rokakku

Rokakku Member

Jun 18, 2015
    An idea for some floral. Fly traps would be cool if they closed as you flew close to them maybe.

Also if you are still mulling the idea over of having more than one bird type a hummingbird would be fun if you could hover as it. I'd imagine it'd be more sensitive too.

5. Marcoapc

Marcoapc Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2014
  6. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    That's a great idea! A fly trap would be a fun one for sure, thanks Rokakku! I'll keep it on my list :p

7. gjestland

gjestland Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    I haven't figured out the price yet, it depends on the meatiness of the final build, but it's not going to cost less than $2.99 or more than $4.99.

Thanks for the tip about Firewhip, that's excactly the feature I want to make! :)

8. gjestland

Jan 15, 2013
    I'm hoping to bring it to desktop eventually, but in a bigger and better version with a fully featured level editor and multiplayer. Congrats on the 1000th post in this thread btw! :)

9. gjestland

Jan 15, 2013
    Thanks! Yes, the landscapes are all procedurally generated, trying to make them as varied as possible, still some way to go!

10. gjestland

Jan 15, 2013
    Hehe, that's what I meant: NO IAP, I promise! :D

11. Scatterfelt

Scatterfelt New Member

Aug 18, 2015
    I'm finally (finally) getting around to posting my thoughts on this game. The very first screenshot I saw of Fugl got me excited for the game, and having had it on my phone to putz around in for weeks, it's still the look & feel of the game -- the very things that got me excited in the first place -- that leave the strongest impression.

Personally, I can't seem to get into the arcade mode. It's just not what I want to do in this world -- in this fascinating, gorgeous world, which is at once awe-inspiring and relaxing, the last thing I want to experience is the frustration of dying. That's just me, that's just my take! I haven't read through all these posts, but if there's anywhere on the internet that'd appreciate the arcade mode of this game, it's gotta be Touch Arcade. But for me, I'd rather this be a game where I can explore and find new, mysterious things. Like Proteus, but flying.

Regardless, it's great work. And I was super happy to see this:

You've put in the hours and built something beautiful. You should price it accordingly. I wouldn't hesitate to give you $5.

12. gjestland

Jan 15, 2013
    Thanks for checking in and very good that you're enjoying the experience!

Yeah, I kind of agree. The arcade mode was an experiment, I'm in the process of rebuilding the game to focus more on the exploration aspect of the game. I hope to have a big update ready by the end of the week.

Thanks, It really means a lot that other people can see value in this.

:) We'll see what the finished product looks like, but it's good to know I've at least have one buyer! ;)

13. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    Another flower :)
    [​IMG]

14. gjestland

Jan 15, 2013
    Here is a work in progress picture from the new update. It looks much better in action when you can see the shadow from the clouds moving over the terrain... :)

clouds.jpg

15. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    hey FUGLteam :) will the update be on the download site as well? hopefully so, it looks beautiful with those clouds and lighting effect

16. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    Loving the clouds! Bet they will really enhance the whole experience.

17. cadillackills

cadillackills Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2015
    How about a first person camera option? Still love my daily Fugglin

18. gjestland

Jan 15, 2013
    Thanks! Yeah, I'll post it to the site, but I want to migrate all testers to Testflight, so please send me an email at [email protected].

Hopefully I will have it ready within a day or so.

19. Aravon17

Aravon17 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Awesome! Looking forward to seeing the updates!

Still loving the game immensely!!!

20. margroloc

margroloc New Member

Aug 24, 2015
    This game looks ridiculously nice, is there a chance it will be compatible with an iPhone5/A6 device running iOS 6.0? :p