Universal [WIP] Fugl – a 60 fps voxel flying game from the creator of Melodive

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by gjestland, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Shaun C

Shaun C Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 28, 2014
    Love seeing all these critters/objects. I especially like the parrot for some reason. The little flowers are v cute too.

2. pikpiak

pikpiak Member

Dec 12, 2014
    Never really a fan of Minecraft and procedural generation games, but I'm more than convinced to give this a shot.

3. Marcoapc

Marcoapc Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2014
    That Awesome man! This is very exciting!!

Here are some fishes for the ponds and other bodies of water

Attached Files:

4. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    Getting a little cold here ;D, more animals coming soon and also a snow/ice concept art as well (except the pelican for the beach)

Attached Files:

5. gjestland

gjestland Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Thanks! Can you tell me what do you like about this compared to the other games?

6. gjestland

Jan 15, 2013
    It's been only me and Marco in this thread for a while, so it's good to hear that others can enjoy Marcos work also, not only me... :)

Speaking of which, everybody should check out Marcos viral artpiece that recently got made into a t-shirt: http://www.teefury.com/got-tea

I am so happy having Marco on board on this project, he's very talented!

7. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    #87 Marcoapc, Jan 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
    2 more Biomes!

Snow and Ice biome - home of the penguins and polar bears, this freezing cold biome could have hail storms pouring at any time... But for the most part a bit snowy at times. Plenty of cool obstacles to go through, not to mention ice caves (watch out to icecycles) ;P

The Jungle - my personal favorite hehe, full of fountains and very diverse fauna, but they will come a little bit later. Probably the most colorful Eggs/Bird variations will come from here. Additionally added a cave entrance hinting maybe a smooth biome transition.

More voxels coming soon, stay tuned!

P.S. Thanks for the shout out Johan! :D

Attached Files:

8. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    I am really really not a fan of MineCraft, I actually really dislike MineCraft but this game is awsome and I will keep an eye on it

9. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    Thanks for the support, appreciate it!

10. gjestland

Jan 15, 2013
    Great work on the new biomes Marco! Absolutely stunning! I hope my voxelization can do them justice... :)

11. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    Thanks Johan!

Grizzly Bear and woodpecker, Eagle and vulture... and a bat... for more of the woodlandy and cavy biomes

Attached Files:

12. gjestland

Jan 15, 2013
    Wow, great animals, I absolutely adore the woodpecker, it's so cute! It's amazing how you're able to reduce every animals essence into a few colored blocks... :)

13. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    Its so much fun! There's pretty good wiggle room to mimic realism and yet stay creative.. :p

14. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    Tucan - for the jungle, perhaps different versions in the future

Deer - antlered and non-antlered, mostly found in the forest.

Attached Files:

15. Shaun C

Shaun C Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 28, 2014
    Are these images being shared on twitter anywhere?

Cos I would quite enjoy seeing these critters pop up in my timeline daily, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. :)

16. gjestland

Jan 15, 2013
    Very good idea, I've actually been wanting to do that. Follow Marco at @marcoapc_art or/and me at @melodive, and I'm sure we can make it happen!

17. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    Some of the different kinds of glowing mushrooms, for the cave biomes.

Attached Files:

18. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    Been working on some bigger animals lately, comparable a little to the size of the dragon. Going to be working on some more animals this week so stay tuned!

Attached Files:

19. Kangtakang

Kangtakang Member

Jan 21, 2014
    #99 Kangtakang, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
    Will you add ocean biome ? If yes can we dive into the deep sea ? Imagine you have to gather an item in jungle in order to dive, and another item to light the deep dark sea :D there will be a giant school of fish, shark , jellyfish, whale, coral.... And may be a Big ass Kraken in deep sea ! So coooool!! :D

I think you should add some random item in each biomes ( and item makes the bird change its color !), we have to find it in order to access some special areas .It will make the game deeper and more interesting.

P/s : what do you think about creative map option, the creation can be share and voted to be part of the game ? In minecraft i built an giant real looking dragon and pirate ship , if possible i will make it in this game too, and if i win the vote you can take it and add animation for it ! That what minecraft cant do.

20. gjestland

Jan 15, 2013
    Yes, that's a cool idea!.... I'm definitively planning on diving to get fish and sea creatures, with a different physics-feel under water. An ocean biome could work, never thought about it... :)

I'm thinking along these lines, that you have to collect something to unlock special places yes, but I'm not sure how to do it. Basically I want the game to be endless, but also have an ending that's very hard to reach...