Universal [WIP] Fugl – a 60 fps voxel flying game from the creator of Melodive

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by gjestland, Nov 2, 2014.

1. gjestland

gjestland Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Yes, it consumes more memory which is a big problem (causing stuttering), but also it couldn't tesselate the terrain fast enough. That meant restricting the speed too much. So I had to change it back, but it was good to try out and I kept some of the optimizations, so it wasn't a complete loss.

The smoke trails was a stupid mistake (I didn't test properly), it's fixed in 0.7.3 that I released yesterday. Also, you need to switch to arcade mode to enable the boosting. It only triggers when the tail is smoking and you flap, I felt that was more natural, but feedback here is much welcome. I changed it from 0.7.1. where you would boost automatically when close to the ground, it made the flying too crazy, imo.

2. blakespot

blakespot Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2008
    Blogger, Reviewer
    Alexandria, VA (USA)
    Did you ever see this?

Attached Files:

3. Marcoapc

Marcoapc Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Yes sir! Toughest model yet, spend some extra time getting everything right, I'm almost done with the animation, this one took a little longer as I'm making a flow of motion within the wings,head-neck, tail and legs. They all move individually and in a way "organically". Gotta get the dragon right ;D

Cheers!

4. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    I think that won't be a problem with the newest update Blake :) 0.7.3 I believe

5. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    Dragons! The Volcanic Biome just got 10 times more dangerous! Hehe, Hope you guys like it, i can make variations of it as well, maybe even one with 2 heads, sky's the limit...

Check out the 3D model here ----> https://skfb.ly/EJwC

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    woooo! thumbs up!looking and moving great! now i wish even more i could play as a dragon... but i will be patient. You can also use the same model with different color palette for different biomes, like white/blue for polar etc :) O REALLY like it! :)

7. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    Thanks man! Glad you liked it, yeah I can tweak it to figure each biome or even make variations of it (different looking head, or maybe a spiky tail). Just wanted to make sure I got the right look and feel, now that we do, I can use this model to make many more :D

8. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    Brown Pegasus? Perhaps for the Floating Islands biome. It's still a WIP though, not sure it's finished...

[​IMG]

9. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    I vote white or silver pegasus. Cliche perhaps, but ... Also in the myth pegasus was white :)

10. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    Thanks for the feedback Ramzarules! I'll look into it, I agree as well. Maybe even have a variety of them as well.

11. blakespot

blakespot Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2008
    Blogger, Reviewer
    Alexandria, VA (USA)
    The cave biome looks so perfect now. The small green mushrooms and the larger colored ones - very nice. I was missing the green for a few versions.

So busy at work. A treat to find a few mins to play tonight.

bp

12. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    Thanks for the feedback Blake! Glad you like it bro. I've been working on a Fugl poster for the last 2 days, I'll post it soon :p

Also trying to finish up the Pegasus for the floating islands, it needs bigger wings and a white color scheme that works

13. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    Fugl Banner for our Radius Festival Exhibition in Vienna

Attached Files:

14. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Banner looking nice! Good luck in Vienna! For the pegasus, what about light grey or light blu, outlined with darker grey?

15. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    Thanks man, yeah so far he is white with yellowish hair/tail and outlined in blue, i might add a little blue to the body if the white doesn't work :) thanks for the feedback man!

16. EliteBanana

EliteBanana Active Member

Jun 13, 2015
    Student
    US
    Wow this looks great! Sorry if I'm a little late to the party, lol.

Can someone briefly explain the objective of the game?

Is it a free flight game, or is there some form of scoring that I'm just oblivious to?

17. gjestland

Jan 15, 2013
    Thanks and welcome!

Now it's mostly a free flight game, but the finished game will have a story mode where you need to travel though all the different (and progressively harder) biomes to reach an end goal. The excact gameplay is not figured out yet! :)

Feel free to join the open alpha, send me an email at [email protected]

18. gjestland

Jan 15, 2013
    Bug fix

Hi all,

I just fixed a critical bug which prevented any land animals to be spawned. I've uploaded a new version to the web-server and testflight (it's still called 0.7.3).

I've been busy with my day job lately, so that's the reason there hasn't been much activity lately and now I'm going on summor holiday three weeks so there will be no new content updates for a while, sorry about that!

I will be going to Vienna to Radius festival 9th and 10th of July to showcase Fugl.

Thank you all for all your support, and there is still room in the testflight. Send me an email at [email protected]! :)

19. EliteBanana

EliteBanana Active Member

Jun 13, 2015
    Student
    US
    #839 EliteBanana, Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
    Just want to report a small problem. Whenever I play, sometimes it feels like the chunks generate very slowly.

It gets to the point where you can no longer see things, and you might end up whacking into an invisible mountain.

Just wanted to point this out, as everything else about the game is perfect. Really enjoying it so far :)

EDIT: Sometimes when I first open the game, there is no world generation excpet some birds flying around and a white screen. Just to let you know

20. gjestland

Jan 15, 2013
    What's your device and OS version? Does it happen only when you're going fast? Have you tried re-booting your device?