Universal [WIP] Fugl – a 60 fps voxel flying game from the creator of Melodive

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by gjestland, Nov 2, 2014.

1. daniel0025

daniel0025 New Member

Dec 18, 2014
    Hey Johan, very nice project.
    One of the the features I like in melodive is to be able to use my own music. Will it be possible in fugl too?

Also, I'd like to help in beta testing. :)

2. gjestland

gjestland Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Yes, absolutely. A must have option in my opinion!

3. Marcoapc

Marcoapc Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2014
    #43 Marcoapc, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
    Hi Johan! Long time no talk haha, I would love to test fly it! I'm one a huge Melodive fan!! Sign me up :p

Also if you need an artist for designs / concepts check me out!

Www.marcoapcart.com

Or Instagram @marcoapc

P.S I was the guy that emailed you like a year ago playing Melodive with my old iPhone 4 haha, the phone made the game laggy and Id get stuck inside the rocks lol. Anyway got an iPhone 6 plus now and it plays beautifully!! :D

4. gjestland

Jan 15, 2013
    Hi Marco, long time, glad you upgraded your phone and that Melodive works on the iPhone 6 plus, big difference from iphone 4 at least! ;) Consider yourself signed up!

I would love to see some concepts for levels or biomes, or whatever you feel is would fit. Just let your inspiration guide you, I'm looking for all kind of ideas, but I can't pay you at the moment. However if you add a lot to the project you will of course be paid!

5. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    Sounds great friend!! Thanks for considering me, I'd love to contribute with ideas / concepts. I'll do my best to help how ever I can; question, if I have a sketch or a concept drafted, should I post it here in this thread?

I'm new here, still learning the ropes hehe

6. gjestland

Jan 15, 2013
    Cool! Yes, just post them here. I will also post updates regarding the voxel art and my progress.

7. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    I was thinking what about a slight difference on the tail shape along side with the color. Since hunting's going to be involved, maybe a couple of camouflage birds for each different environment.

Also a hole in the mountain to fly through it adding the "thrill" to the game haha, like flying through naturally made hoops, I'll post diferent kinds of these, reminds me of the small crevices of Melodive haha but fit for Fugl.

More coming soon :p

P.s. I painted it boxy looking to fit the theme :D

Attached Files:

8. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    Some more variations for the birds...

Attached Files:

9. gjestland

Jan 15, 2013
    WOW, this is great! Love your style, very good concepts. Love the bird-variations! Holes in the terrain is a must, I agree. I don't have time to write more at the moment (christmas dinner), but I just wanted to say that this is spot on and amazing work. Please make some more if you feel like it. Other biomes would be great, also even more variation in the bird models! Thank you!

10. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    #50 Marcoapc, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
    5 different biomes so far

Mountains, desert, ocean/lake, forest/ rain forest and cave (my favorite)

When I thought of the cave the choice was simple food or light source, cave is lit by fireflies and it probably might be one of the hardest parts of the game given how narrow some crevices will be, hopefully there will be enough fireflies to eat some but still be able to see with the others.

And no worries :) glad I could help, this low detail is all I can do for now, busy with client commissions at the moment haha
    Merry Christmas!

Attached Files:

11. gjestland

Jan 15, 2013
    That's great work Marco! I love the concepts, hope you have time soon to do some more, especially foilage, but also more biomes: i'm thinking city and canyon, but there must be others as well. Please shoot me an email and we can work out some compensation... :)

Fugl has also been selected for the big indie pitch in london 13th of january. Its a huge oppurtunity to show off the game to a lot of journalists and best game (of 20) gets $20000 in ads!

12. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    Canyon biome and a city!

Canyon would blend nicely with the desert if need be, or even the river merge in with the ocean... So many possibilities!

The city too a bit haha but here it is!

Next up nature taking over the city!

Attached Files:

13. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    When nature takes over...

Attached Files:

14. gjestland

Jan 15, 2013
    Hehe, that's a fabolous idea as I can't have a lot of city-life going on. The city should of course be even more in ruins. I think that's a great look and will fit the atmosphere of the game very nicely. Keep up the good work, this is very inspirational to me!

15. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    Appreciate it man!! Next up volcano biome and cave v2!

16. Hi I'm a huge fan of Melodive and I just watched your Fulg concept video and I already felt in love with the amazing world and smooth fly... I would love to help you testing the game :) btw the music sounds good ! Keep the good work

17. gjestland

Jan 15, 2013
    Thank you very much! The music will be something similar, it's being worked on. Will probably be several different tunes, one for each biome. (not completely sure about that, but just one song gets boring after a while I think....)

I will surely include you in the alpha-test. Hopefully I will have something in the start of january. I'm going to work on it this week and next. :)

18. Dw3httam

Dw3httam New Member

Dec 25, 2014
    Hey my brother showed me Melodive and then informed me that you are making a newer game! Congrats on all the success with the first game and high hopes for future projects. I'm interested in beta testing the game if you still need people to do so!

19. gjestland

Jan 15, 2013
    Thank you, but Melodive was not very successful, haha. I was happy with it though, and it has some fans so that's cool. I will include everybody in the testing as Apple has made it very easy with the TestFlight-App. I can send out invitations by e-mail and the app takes care of the rest. I'm looking for as much feedback as possible, since one of Melodive's flaws was not testing it enough before release.

20. Marcoapc

Dec 19, 2014
    #60 Marcoapc, Dec 26, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
    Volcanic and Cave biomes,

The Volcanic biome is a very hot place and it's swarming with vultures!

The Cave with glowing mushrooms and holes above to lit the way, some bats lurk around the crevices.

Attached Files: