Universal [WIP] Dungelot : Shattered Lands

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Pixeye, May 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pixeye

Pixeye Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Indie developer
    iOS beta test !

Dungelotters! We are about to unleash the Private iOS Beta! The purpose of it is to test balancing in the latest build. We did some testing on Steam and now need to compare the feedback with iOS.

You will get an e-mail with instructions shortly.

HURRAY : )

2. Pixeye

Pixeye Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Indie developer
    Hey : ) No worries! Nope, we didnt use any animation tools. It's pure Unity3d animation curve tool with a lot of keyframes. It may be a little bit frustrating and boring to make but we didn't want to risk. ( Though we use in our next project Spine )

Making 2d art for mobile game is always a little pain : ) You need to optimize and think how to balance between quality, speed and memory usage as art consumes a lot of place. We use a lot of sprite atlases combined with bitmap fonts to reduce drawcalls. Also if it is possible we compress art and check if it's still look nice on phones.

3. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Ohh! This game is going to be fantastic. Very excited to test this. tiny Build publishes the best games. Easily one of my favorite teams out there.

4. dwincelowicz

dwincelowicz Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2015
    Security
    Sarasota, FL
    I've clicked all the appropriate links via the email I received, nothing yet. :p Anxious!

5. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Still waiting for the iOS beta. Can't wait

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It says im already subbed. Hoping i get picked! Wooo!

7. Sloany

Sloany Well-Known Member

Can't wait for this!! Hoping I get a beta soon... Any idea when invites will be sent out? I beta tested the original and still remember the blue red and yellow crystals that you used to upgrade the character lol

8. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Same here. Now I'm just anxiously, I mean patiently, waiting! Lol

I originally purchased the first Dungelot back when I was using an Android device. I love the first game. I'm looking forward to this. I can't wait to see how different it is and what direction the dev has taken it.

Billy

9. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    What an agonizing wait lol can't wait to see that TestFlight email pop up :)

10. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    I'm ready.

11. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I was hoping they would be sent out for the weekend so I could play while I'm off work, sucks that it'll likely be a work day it starts now when I have little time.

Anybody else have a confirmation email the first sign up and then a following email that asked you to sign up and confirm all over again?

12. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Yes, same thing happened. They're such a tease!

13. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    I beta tested this one on PC and oh boy you will be excited Billy! It's fantastic man. I'm waiting patiently like everyone else to play it on iOS now too.

Anyone else refreshing emails or TestFlight to see if anything came through hahaha. Sad days so far

14. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I didn't want to start on the PC thought I'd save it fresh for the iOS release. I'm wondering if the data from this beta will save over though to the release.

15. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Sadly I don't have an answer for that. I hope it does because it can be a but grindy but a fun grindy

16. RTAMGames

RTAMGames Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Designer
    Arizona
    Really interested. I think your first game was paid, then F2P, sounds like you are going back to paid. Any reason?

17. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I always like to know so hopefully we do before beta starts as it is the deciding factor on how much time I put into testing.

18. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Anyone else think it's strange they announced the beta like 3 days ago and nothing happened yet? I heard the app is already up so it can't be that unless they got some problem with it?

19. tinyBuild

tinyBuild Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Beta invites have been sent!

20. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    ): I didn't get mine. I answered the email you sent about iOS beta and I also already tested it on Steam did J get skipped for being awesome?

TestFlight Email is [email protected]