Universal Wingspan: The Board Game (by Monster Couch)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Talbs, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    What is this manc ave you‘re talking about? :D

[​IMG]

elcrazy likes this.
  2. elcrazy

elcrazy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2017
    Lol. That’s awesome.

Gambler likes this.
  3. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    Still playing this non stop. Think I’m almost 50 games in. So good. I love every sec. my physical version comes tomorrow. Look forward to playing it live. Honestly do not sleep on this one. Especially if you at all like board games physical or digital ones.

aussiepaul and Talbs like this.
  4. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    Have you not read through this thread ? It’s only a page and a half. But to answer your question. Yes I have tried it and it’s amazing.

5. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    I was on the fence to buy or not though, I have decided to be a member of the group by a lot of recommendations on this thread.

Downloading it so far, looking forward to playing it very much!!

I thought I buy Terraforming Mars but I was concerning about language wall and stopped it before.

For Wingspan, it seems like supporting full Japanese language so it doesn't matter;)

6. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    I am excited to hear what you think. Please let us know. I’m still a huge fan. Can’t stop playing. Physical came last night. It’s gorgeous and heavy lol. Can’t wait to dive into that later today.

solarnya likes this.
  7. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    @elcrazy I've played tutorial at first.
    It was very kind but I couldn't understand all of its rules.
    So I've played custom games twice with 2 easy AIs and I figured out.

First impression of this game....is just brilliant!
    Even though I couldn't win twice(2nd place), I haven't feel bad at all.
    I think the reason why is this game doesn't contain violence at all like invasion...kill or whatever.

After all, atomosphere is wonderful.
    Birds are whispering all the time while I'm playing, and cards' animations are adorable.

So far I love this game very much.
    Unfortunately I'm not an English native speaker, I can't understand trivia audio of birds. Just a little one con of me.

After understood more of the rules and tactics, I'll dive into online sessions.
    Highly recommended for everyone who like digital boardgames and also beginners who is interested in this game!!

P.S. Jealous you got physical one lol.

elcrazy likes this.
  8. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    So glad you like it. This game is amazing. And I didn’t think I would be interested at all. Now I’m it’s biggest fan. Also i it was same for me. I got most everything from the tutorial but was still confused. After a couple more custom games I had everything down. It’s just so much fun. And every single game is different. You think you have a strategy going. But then up pops a card or food or something happens that always changes your direction. It’s keeps you thinking on your feet. Love it.

And ya the physical is just beautiful. What a well made board game. Very high production value. Everything is so well made. And love the little things. Like diagram on box showing best way to put away. Holders for everything and just so well put together.

solarnya likes this.
  9. aussiepaul

aussiepaul Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2013
    #29 aussiepaul, Aug 17, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
    Ok Im thinking of going for this.
    My hobby is bird photography and I have a daughter also interested in birds.
    Do you think this might take her mind away from Toca and Minecraft for a while ?

10. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    #30 elcrazy, Aug 17, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
    Lol well if she is anything like my kids not much will take her away from Minecraft. But this game is incredible. If she is into birds then for sure. There are actually lots of bird facts and sooooo many birds to discover. Animations and sounds are beautiful.

I read the review and I for one still think it’s 5 stars. Sad controller support is even a thought in a game this beautiful. I can’t imagine a controller being easier to use then the current touch structure. I have literally never had a single issue or played the wrong card or anything. It could use iCloud I guess to continue a game on a different device but again not really needed. I have it installed on iPad but so far have only played on my IPhone. (That being said I don’t really game on iPads ever anymore.) I have played this everyday since getting it and to me it’s literally perfect.

To get back on track I love love this game and think you and your daughter (depending on her age it can be a bit confusing at first) will love it as well. I’m not into birds at all and I was shocked how much I love literally everything about it. I even like learning and seeing new fact on the birds. If you at all like board games you will love this. I mostly play game against AI and I still can’t get enough. The gameplay is so addicting and so fun it’s just awesome. The physical version is just as beautiful as the digital. Every detail is so well done and the little things they add just make you smile. Both productions of the game are high value and you get what you are paying for. I can’t say enough good things. If you do get it I hope you enjoy it a fraction as much as I do. For iOS it’s “expensive” in reality for what you get and the amount of time you’ll put into it it’s worth much much more.

solarnya and aussiepaul like this.
  11. aussiepaul

aussiepaul Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2013
    Ok. Im sold. I'll let you know what I think.

solarnya and elcrazy like this.
  12. StreetLane

StreetLane New Member

Feb 18, 2020
    Male
    I can't seem to find the exact answer...
    In pass and play mode (I assume there is one) can you play with just 2 players?
    Any have an opinion of pass and play with this game?

Thx

13. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    @StreetLane Yes there is pass and play and you can do it with 2-5 or play against 1-4 AI opponents. And ya I would say it’s worth it. But I’m this games biggest fan. Still can’t get enough.