Universal Wind-up Knight 2 - (by Robot Invader)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    The new levels were great, it took me forever to find the hat in 28 "Above the Lava."

Has anyone found the hat in 39 "The Depths"? Don't need to know where, but it'd be good to know it's there because I found a spot where it seems it would be but isn't.

2. farjo08

farjo08 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2011
    I haven't gotten to 39 yet, but not that far from if. If I find the gnome hat there, I'll let you know. But after playing level 28 about 40 or 50 times, I still have not found the hat. Any tips as to where it is? I am pretty sure I tried reversing direction everywhere possible and haven't found it that way. Also tried both high and low jumps when there are pillars that block the view, so to speak, and still nothing.

3. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    It's after the 81st coin.

There's a hint for you. ;)

4. farjo08

farjo08 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Matt33 sent me a hint that pointed me back to something I thought I have completely explored, and did, but was able to figure it out last night. It took a bit to figure out where on the level could I not have possible gone and in a future level, having to use a move that I forgot about, pointed me to where the hat eventually was. That was a pretty difficult one to find. Still have a few more levels to play through, but so far the rest have been pretty easy to find. Thanks to you and Matt33 for the hints.

5. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    #85 bilboa, Jun 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
    I'm only up to level 28, but there have been a couple of hats that were really tough to find. On level 25 I finally gave up and looked on YouTube, and even when I saw where it was, rather than have a head-smack "I should have thought of that" response, I realized there was no way I would have found that other than just a brute force trial and error search of the whole level, which I wouldn't find fun. Up until that level, most of the hat searches seemed fair and relied more on being observant and noticing the hat itself, or at least an opening, in plain sight but not in an obviousl place to look. But on level 25 you just have to jump into a corner that doesn't look like it has an opening even when you know it's there. Now that I know the game isn't above shenanigans like that I probably won't spend so much time searching for hats on future levels.

6. Initial D

Initial D Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Same here. Can't find the hat in 39 (The Depths). Any hints on this and/or the hat in III (Fire Down Below)?

7. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    For III, you use a similar trick as the one
    to get the second diamond on 39

8. Initial D

Apr 22, 2012
    #88 Initial D, Jun 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
    Thanks Matt33! Now onto the hat on 39.

Edit: I'm thinking that secret spot in 39 is where it should be. There's no other explanation for that spot. :/

9. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Yep, I just got a quick reply from support and they're fixing it in the next update. Hold off your hat searches on 39 until it arrives.

10. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Funny occurrence on the social feed:
    [​IMG]

For some reason at the end of my tournament runs it says my rank is 0:
    [​IMG]

It'd be cool if there was more tournament talk here. Prior to the Brimstone update, I thought my tournament gear was ideal, but now I don't know. I use the spade helmet, tortoise armor, diamond sword, and of course the gem shield.

I think the gem shield and diamond sword are the best choice, since you lose quite a bit of gems if you don't use that shield. The durendal blade's decreased charging time tends to be more of a hindrance and hits a lot of gem pots you don't want to hit yet. It's often too late to magnetize all of them with the shield by the time you get there, especially if there's gaps in the floors that they can fall down.

I always thought the gem pots that are placed under low ceilings behind spikes were there to try and kill you, and that you could usually only grab a few from the first pot, but there's long strings of gem pots that you have to roll through in some Brimstone levels. I'm guessing these can only be attained by equipping the spike helmet. But you can't use the gem shield as well while rolling, so I wonder just how many you're gaining in these minimal circumstances. But there's also places with gem pots underneath falling objects, which I think you need the spade helmet for, and it can also save your life a lot and limits the amount of actions you have to perform. So which one would be better to use?

The other option is between the tortoise and flame armor. There's now quite a lot of spots with gem pots under flame jets. It is possible to get all of them without the flame armor if there's only 2 pots, or a tight 3 bunch in the Brimstone levels, by breaking them at the last moment before bringing your shield up. But I don't think you can get the strings of 4 pots under the flames unless you have the flame armor. Would getting these outweigh the advantages of the tortoise armor, making everything all-around easier and allowing more time when passing by gem pots to do the action of breaking them and drawing them in with the gem shield, something that's quite difficult to do at full speed when you face a string of 4 pots.

What do you reckon the ideal tournament gear set is?

I still don't know if the top 2 GC scores are legit, having been attained before the newest update allowed more levels to be played. Are there hidden caches of gem pots that these players found, or is it what you see is what you get? The dEXTRIS dev is able to know which GC scores are fake, even scores that are possible to get. (@Chris) Is it possible to know that with this game?

I recently discovered a trick to break gem pots that are positioned vertically along a wall with no way of jumping into them to break with your sword, and you can't swing your sword when you're sliding by them on the wall. If you use a second jump right when you're about to hit the wall, you'll fall down the wall and be able to swing your sword, and still able to jump/double jump off the wall after. (@Chris) Is this the technique you had in mind for these pots, or is that a glitch and there's a better way?

11. Tychozero

Tychozero Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Any hints on the hat in 34. Looked all over time and again, got nothing.

12. Initial D

Apr 22, 2012
    I liked finding this one.
    look above your character whenever you roll

13. Tychozero

Tychozero Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Thank you very much. Good hint too; not too specific. Well, now to wait for the update so I can get the hat on 39.

14. nsalvaterra

nsalvaterra New Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Level 32

Besides the stuff on 39, I'm just missing the hat on level 32. Anybody have any hints, please?

15. Tychozero

Tychozero Member

Jun 12, 2014
    #95 Tychozero, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
    As a n00b here, I'm going to make sure this works the same as other sites before posting the info.
    Edit: now that I know the tags work the same...
    look for a wooden wall where there doesn't really need to be one

16. nsalvaterra

nsalvaterra New Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Thanks a lot. Now I just need the patch to complete the game. :)

17. JPorto

JPorto New Member

Jun 18, 2014
    Please help! CanĀ“t find the hat on level 28 and 34, i have play it forever and nothing, need help! Thanks...

18. Ferrari7s

Ferrari7s New Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Gnome Hats

I am also having trouble finding the hat on level 28, despite the hints given earlier in this forum. I feel like I've played the level a million times and tried everything (obviously not, since I still don't have the hat). Can someone please help?! I just want to move on!

I also can't locate the hat on level 39 but from what I understand it is not yet obtainable because of a bug...is that true?

19. Initial D

Apr 22, 2012
    #99 Initial D, Jun 24, 2014
    Level 28 HINT:
    There's a cliff with no coins to collect. Maybe there's something to collect down below?

Level 39 is not obtainable at this moment. Wait for the next update.

20. Ferrari7s

Ferrari7s New Member

Jun 23, 2014
    #100 Ferrari7s, Jun 24, 2014
    Finally figured out how to get it! Thank you Initial D!