Universal Wind-up Knight 2 - (by Robot Invader)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Initial D

Initial D Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2012
    I agree. It also took me a while to get it. I was scared that all was lost until I tried rolling just before it. It should be placed at least 2-3 steps in front of it's original location.

2. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Guys what's this Unlock Map special offer!
    It seems that IPA has dropped in price!

3. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Damn, I was just looking through things in the shop and wanted to see the Lion helmet, the final item I needed to win from Tournament. I tapped on "Locked," and it said I had to win the item from Tournament mode, and I tapped OK. Then the game seems to have bought it for 10,000 coins that I didn't want to spend (been saving and haven't bought anything, had 29,000 now down to 19,000), and I'm now able to equip it, having not yet won it in Tournament mode. I thought you couldn't get it with coins, is this a mistake?

Also, what are the requirements to get the free ticket per day? I don't recall my tickets ever increasing.

4. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I've just started playing and bought it at the cheaper price. I've played and won a few games but the one I'm playing now I died and restarted in mid air and can't restart again. It appears this game was not beta tested very well so I have to start all over again? I hope this isn't a reoccurring bug as I keep getting stuck in the sky.

5. chrispruett

chrispruett Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Chief Taskmaster at Robot Invader
    Yes, this is a bug. We've submitted a fixed version to Apple but it's still waiting for review. If you like we can restore the coins you lost--just file a support request via Options Menu > Support > Report A Problem.

With the tickets, we give you a free one every day if you have less then 10. The idea is that we do not want people to hoard them because the system is designed for folks to increase their skill by playing. We also give free tickets away (regardless of how many you already have) for beating certain levels in the main mode. We'd like people to try the tournament often (it changes daily), and that's why there's a cap.

Would you mind filing a support request with the specific level (and, if you remember, the conditions for causing this bug)? I don't think it's recurring--this is the first we've heard of it. We had about 30,000 testers in our early access release, and none of them have reported this, so you seem to have found something exceedingly rare. Good work, those are hard to find! Let us know how to repro it and we'll get it fixed!

6. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    Has anyone completed the "find all diamonds" quest for level 7? If so, how do you get the 4th diamond? I must have tried 50 times but I just can't figure out how to jump far enough. Is it just a matter of doing both jumps as late as possible, or is there some other trick? It almost seems like a mistake, since nothing up to this point has been that hard, and in fact the other diamonds on that level are all pretty easy too. Just that one seems impossible, so I feel like I'm missing something. Thanks.

7. shieldser99

shieldser99 Active Member

Oct 8, 2012
    #67 shieldser99, May 1, 2014
    Last edited: May 1, 2014
    All S ranks and all diamonds done, no check points or power ups used. The way it was meant be done :)

8. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    I'll just say that it's possible, but you're approaching the diamond the wrong way.

9. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    Got it! Thanks for the hint. I feel silly for not trying that earlier. I even thought of trying that but didn't because I didn't think he could jump that high.

10. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

New levels coming soon

[​IMG]

11. shieldser99

shieldser99 Active Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Nice!!

12. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Thx for the post! One of my favorite games on the Air...

13. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    #73 Matt33, May 6, 2014
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
    A player dies in Tournament mode and is presented with the option to continue for the price of x tokens. They decide to continue, unaware that they don't have the amount of tokens necessary to do so. Their game ends, and whatever amount of tokens they had left is taken from them anyway. LOL

Suggestion: Upon tapping continue, player gets a message saying "Not enough tokens" *game ends*

I didn't know Tournament mode had a set limit of levels, my run just abruptly ended after completing a level. Is this a bug? If not, those people that are getting double the gems as me with the same amount of levels to play on must be really good at getting most of them.

14. BlottoBrah

BlottoBrah Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2013
    US
    Just stumbled upon this game yesterday... and glad I did.

I'm surprised it's not getting much popularity on these boards. There's lots of polish and replay value for the game. Plus so far each level is significantly different enough to not make it feel like going through the same motions.

The new levels coming is great news. Kudos to the devs.

15. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    I'm still enjoying it. I'd guess the reason there's not much activity on this thread is that there isn't much to discuss. There are no major bugs, there's not much in the way of strategy, and none of the puzzles are very puzzling. It's just a straightforward platformer, where the main challenges are memorizing levels and getting your timing right.

16. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    #76 Matt33, May 15, 2014
    Last edited: May 15, 2014
    So I got to the level Dungeon Dangers in tournament mode again and the game ended like the first time. Looks like there is a limit to the amount of levels to try and get the most gems on, ending with this level. I for one really appreciate that the devs put a cap on it so that people can't go crazy with tokens and buy their way to the top. But now it makes me look at the top couple scores and doubt their legitimacy, even the 25,000 ones. Maybe with the right set of levels to play on and getting almost every gem? I dunno...

I'm curious if the level cap will increase after the update, or if the pool of levels to randomly pick from just grows larger.

17. BlottoBrah

Apr 12, 2013
    US
    Regarding the tournament to unlock the lion gear... is the required score a cumulative score over several gaming runs, or what you need to get in one gaming run?

I'm guessing it's the latter. I'm having helluva time unlocking the lion helmet at 10,000 points.

18. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    I just got S-Rank in level 20, and have to say where they hid the hat was pretty cheap.
    It's in a location where you never see it. Even when you get it, all you see is your knight jumps in a hole and you can see the tip of his helmet moving back and forth, and the only clue that you found the hat is a little sound when he gets it.

I've been slowly plugging away at this game, and I definitely like some levels more than others. I've been proceeding very methodically, completing all quests on a level before proceeding on to the next. I'm up to level 20 now. The quests I like best are the ones where the main challenge comes from the level design messing with your head in various ways, like lulling you into a pattern and then breaking it, or the path in front of you reconfiguring itself so it's hard to judge when to jump, etc. Puzzle elements where it's not immediately obvious how to get to something are fun too.

The quests I like least are ones where the biggest challenge is just physically using the controls. That feels to me like a kind of cheap way of upping the difficulty. Some of the fairy quests especially are like this, where there's nothing very complicated about them, but they make you do lots of very fast accurately timed consecutive button presses, which I find difficult to do accurately with virtual buttons. Level 18's fairy quest is a good example. I ended up using the tortoise armor to complete it because I got too frustrated with trying to pull off some of the button press sequences with virtual buttons. Maybe those levels work better with a physical controller.

Basically I like the levels where the challenge is more in your head than in your hands. The levels which are most satisfying seem really difficult at first, but then with sufficient practice they start to seem easy. So far I'd say the majority of the quests are like that, so I'm still enjoying the game overall.

19. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    To add to what I said in my last post, level 21's main coin quest is an example of a level that I think is difficult in a good way. The portals completely mess with my head, but it never relies on being physically difficult for its challenge. The challenge all comes from training my mind to follow what's going on with the portals. Levels like this make the game seem very inventive.

20. BlottoBrah

Apr 12, 2013
    US
    Yeah, I prefer the more 'puzzleish' type levels too... not that the control intensive levels are all that bad.

Except for the Speed Freak level... ugh. Took me a handful of tries to complete those side quests.

Also I'm trying to find all the gnome hats without looking them up. I have to say The Descent took me a long time to find.