Universal Wind-up Knight 2 - (by Robot Invader)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 9, 2014.

1. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    The music and sound effects suck hard in this game

2. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Getting Wind Up 2 tonight when it hits NY! First game is great, second one hoping twice as much!

3. clompah

clompah Member

Oct 14, 2013
    Ios 7 controller support?

4. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    Yep, works very well - menu control, screen doesn't sleep; all good :)

5. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    I'm enjoying it so far! Question: I never played the first one. So basically, first level I have A ranking. Completely all side quests but I can't get that darn gnome hat! I've tried everything. How do you collect it? I bounce of the chicken and collect it but it restarts me to check point without it, because when I complete the level I still have A rank & not S.

6. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    To S rank you have to complete the level without checkpoints, collect all coins and get the hat all in one flawless run. To get that hat you have to time your jump so that you land on it. If you just run off the ledge you'll go over it, so jump before the end of the ledge so that when he lands it will be right on the hat.

7. Andrey1610

Andrey1610 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Game Impressions

I love first part, but this game disappointed me...

Why we should replay each level FOUR times? First for story and THREE for EACH shield (star)? I prefer to collect all stars in one run.

8. rbates

rbates Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    I agree the music isn't great from what I have heard so far. Will probably turn it off.

9. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Whining about replay value? Sad...

This game is great! I love how you can turn off checkpoints - I'd rather do it all in one go - unless I really can't get past a difficult level (at least I have the option to turn it back on if I need to).

Surprised there was no achievement for completing a level and achieving an S rank with the Hare Armour. Would love if there was some indication of which levels you completed to S rank with the Hare Armour. I love the added challenge of getting everything on high speed (after I complete all the other quests and achieve S rank on normal first).

10. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    I'd love to get a fleshed out run-down of the IAP's and the intentions behind them like Devil May Cry before I start playing this. I'm still unsure what would be available to a player like myself who does not want the game made easier in any way, and what the ideal route to go would be. When can I expect to head over to Robot Invader for that blog post, Chris? :)

11. o0oJAKEo0o

o0oJAKEo0o Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Full-Time Student
    KCMO
    Unlock full game for half price @ $3.99 ? It's a good game but, I'm sorry not $8.00... Good luck with that.

12. Stream

Stream Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Student
    Australia
    Yes! I loved the first one.

13. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    $4 is reasonable and worth it for the full game.

14. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    $4 is a fine price for a game, quite devaluing iOS games because of the platform!

15. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    4$ is certainly a good price! But that's the 50%'off price. I do think that 8 $ would be to much, when you take the iaps in consideration. Don't get me wrong i would not have any problem with 8$, but for that price it should be iap free.

16. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    I'd agree more if the IAP weren't compulsory or pushed heavily to the point of near required, but it feels nary needed in this game personally. The IAP feels like it's there for the truly impatient. There are some games that I've played where you can feel the psychological paywall approaching, but I just don't feel it here. This game encourages and rewards replaying. I do see your point though...

17. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    I'd like to know this as well. Do you hit a certain level and that's all you get until you pay to unlock the full game, or can the full game be unlocked by "S" ranking and completing all objectives for each level?

18. shieldser99

shieldser99 Active Member

Oct 8, 2012
    I was thinking that to, I guess I'll have to try and S rank everything to find out, though the clock is just to pressure people. If I finish the first 8 levels with S rank and can't go further without paying and I miss the sale too I'll go mad

19. Zaz

Zaz Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    I thought I have to buy the game, so I pushed the in app button without complaint as I was so happy to hear about the release :)

The 1st levels are nice and easy, they keep the same feeling as the 1st game, which is a very good thing for me. The checkpoints don't seem useful but these are tutorial levels so perhaps I'll enjoy them later.
    I saw the red hats but didn't find the way to get them, I'll have to dig a little more to find how to touch them :rolleyes:

20. WooHooII

WooHooII Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    There seems to be a bug with the unlockable (lion) items. If you hit the "locked" button, it tells you to unlock the item in Tournament mode, but then it tries to pay for it anyway if you have enough gold. While browsing the store, I managed to obtain most of the lion equipment, completely on accident, without even entering Tournament mode.