Win an iPad 3 by playing iOS games!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by vecter, Aug 16, 2012.

1. vecter

vecter Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Software Engineer
    California
    #1 vecter, Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
    Hey guys,

I just wanted to let you know about a contest that runs until end of August for the most viewed iOS gaming video on YouTube: http://kamcord.com/contest.

Some background: I've been working on this project for almost half a year now. We've built a technology that lets gamers record, replay, and share videos of their gameplays and recently launched on TechCrunch.

Here are some of my personal best gameplays so far :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K6N6qU3wX4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNFeNJU3dIM

Hope you guys enjoy!

Best regards,
    Kevin

2. arathnam

arathnam New Member

Not too shabby vecter!

Check out my personal favorite gameplays - a little different genre of games:

3. mood

mood Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ooooooops!
    Good luck guys!

4. liquidmutiny

liquidmutiny Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    No one wants iPads.

5. vecter

vecter Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Software Engineer
    California
    What kind of prize would interest you? It'd be great to know for the future, thanks!

6. popjam5

popjam5 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2012
    How do you win?

7. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Check the link in the first post.

8. vecter

vecter Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Software Engineer
    California
    Play any of the games here: http://kamcord.com/games and upload at least one video to YouTube (you can do this inside the game at the end of a level). We track all of the videos and the one with greatest number of views by the end of this month is the winner! We'll then contact you through your YouTube channel to figure out how to ship you the iPad.

9. popjam5

popjam5 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2012
    So does that mean someone with a really popular YouTube channel will win?

10. vecter

vecter Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Software Engineer
    California
    Potentially, but the big guys are pretty busy and I don't know how many of them would have heard about this contest yet. The earlier you start, the better your chances :) Most of the top video view counts right now are definitely within striking range!

11. armoko

armoko Well-Known Member

May 16, 2011
    About a half year ago I have participated in the same contest with the same rules where you need to get most views and likes on YouTube (here is the contest link http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=120715) and I've won that contest but developers still didn't contact with me and I haven't received my prize. *sad story*

12. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    I remember that contest That's why I won't waste my time with "junior members" suddenly having a contest for such a grand prize established dev only I got screwed with the "build a snowman contest"

Never Again!

13. dmoore2013

dmoore2013 Member

Aug 16, 2012
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Winning

So you win by having the video with the most views right? Any other requirements?

14. vecter

vecter Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Software Engineer
    California
    Hey guys,

I'm sorry to hear about your past experiences :( I can assure you this is 100% legit. From the TechCrunch article, you can confirm we're a Y Combinator backed company and have the money set aside for this.

We are writing a script that will find the top 3 videos and post them on our contest page for everyone to see. That way, there's 100% transparency. I'll post the link to the top videos once we have the script up and running, so you can guys can see how many more views you need to reach #1. Honestly, if you post a video and get a bunch of family and friends to watch it, you'll probably have a good shot, especially if you start early.

Also, feel free to contact me personally via email ([email protected]), Skype (kevlar626), or give me a call on my cell at any time (631) 252-3176. I'm on California time so call any sane hour of the day and I should pick up.

@dmoore2013 yup, the video with the most views by the end of the month will win. That's it. If you're #1 by the end of this month, we'll private message you on YouTube to get your contact & shipping info.

Best regards,
    Kevin

P.S. All the videos that we post ourselves (from the Kamcord team) will not be included in the contest--that would defeat the purpose of the entire thing!