Win an iPad 2 by playing our FREE iOS game Angry Rhino Rampage!!!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by MilkDrinkingCow, Apr 1, 2011.

1. userONIX

userONIX Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Yeah. I agree with soulsearcher. Just do a lucky draw for all contestants or maybe top ten contestants.

2. theidle86

theidle86 Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Nice contest, cool prize. Too bad I`ve missed it(not that I could have won but...:)))

3. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Wow, what happened? I thought this was over and done with.

MilkDrinkingCow should just give the iPad 2 to Daniel and we all accept it, or we do the random draw. But the video idea isn't going to work because to ask people to repeat 2 weeks of obsessive hard work AND add the inconvenience of having a second person/ camera around to record everything? What if you aren't in the zone anymore? What if you play these games at work or before you go to bed?

4. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    I think a random draw would be good, just do it today and get it over with, instead of dragging it out.

Great contest, but it needs to end I think. ;)

5. katday

katday Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    a random draw doesnt seem fair because the ipad
    would be given to the person who has the highest score.
    since there is some controversy about it who is playing fair and who not..its just better to let danielang talk to MDC and see if they can figure it out first. after that its probably better to think of a different way to hand out a prize because filming the whole process will be difficult !

6. Bitsandpixeltester

Bitsandpixeltester Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Alright I am going to step in and give my opinion/beliefs on this issue.

Regarding the first contest: Daniel was discovered to be cheating and has since been demonstrating sketchy behavior after being called out. This behavior includes creating a new username and posing as someone else. This behavior make the contest null as the ipad would have gone to someone who cheated for personal gain.

Let's face it...MDC has faced cheating now twice. The first contest was for an iPod touch in which people used Gamecenter hacking to produce high scores and place themselves at number 1. MDC had graciously decided to try again this time relying on Gamcenter scores and not photos of the best scores. Once again people cheated through blatant GC manipulation. Now MDC has to face a decision. Cancel the contest or go about the contest in a way in which it is impossible to cheat on.

Regarding the new contest: The gameplay cannot be cheated if the video is recording said gameplay. For some this may be difficult to do but I am sure everyone can manage to think of a way to pull it off. MDC is trying their best to make the situation right and if you do not feel it is fair then that is okay but in the end the following was posted on Day 1 of the contest and I quote.

MILK DRINKING COW RESERVES THE RIGHT TO AUTHENTICATE YOUR SCORE AND CHEATERS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.

Simply put, if gamecenter manipulation occurred then the player has been removed from the chance to win an iPad 2.

Wow that was a long message but I support MDC in their decision and I think it really is the only way to go from this point forward.

7. soulsearcher

soulsearcher Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    ^ I believe some of the contestants will gone missing...for example the top few of the leaderboard...that burst into scenes and breaking ppl's record here and then like drinking water

and im not pointing anyone...if they can do it again, means they're truly capable...

well... all contests have flaws...or mayb except lucky draw or idea contest..smtg like tat

btw if the contest is carrying on as per new rule...i think the overall high scores will drop significantly..

8. katday

katday Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    but its difficult to film all your tries because thats what you basically need
    to do !
    atleast i assume its difficult because i know even on my best day i couldnt reach so high like the others..hahaha..
    so i wont butt in anymore :)
    just hope someone can win the ipad without having to deal with controversy ! good luck to all contestants !

9. soulsearcher

Sep 8, 2010
    same with me... i better use my time on my studies bcos exam is around the corner...and I just wasted approx 2 weeks on this contest which outcome still undecided by now

10. TanTan

TanTan Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Any word from MDC?

11. MilkDrinkingCow

MilkDrinkingCow Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2010
    iPhone app developer
    San Jose, CA
    Contest

Submitting a video of your whole gameplay to MDC is the only way we can validate the high-score. This contest is about scoring the highest points and rewarding someone an iPad2 for that genuine score. Unfortunately it had to get to this point. We are doing what we think is correct and not just canceling the entire contest.

You could either post your video to You Tube if the file is too large, or you can email it to us at [email protected].

It may take some work to video your gameplay, but an iPad2 is well worth the inconvenience in the long run! Let's make this a fun thing and get cracking on the videos! :D

12. juan13

juan13 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2010
    What if the recording started from 100k?

13. TanTan

TanTan Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Its actually really not that hard to record while playing.

14. Bitsandpixeltester

Bitsandpixeltester Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2010
  15. TanTan

TanTan Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Yeah, its pretty simple. But my camera on my mac records the mirror image. lol But that should still work just fine.

16. MilkDrinkingCow

Dec 3, 2010
    iPhone app developer
    San Jose, CA
    _

@TanTan, no it isn't hard to record while playing! I just got one submission and it was great and super clear.

@Juan13 - we are going to keep it the entire gameplay. It took someone about 4:30 minutes to get to 100K! This way it stays legit.

17. MilkDrinkingCow

Dec 3, 2010
    iPhone app developer
    San Jose, CA
    @bitsandpixeltester

Good job!!! Now we can do this contest for real and all feel good about producing an honest product.

18. soulsearcher

Sep 8, 2010
    #178 soulsearcher, Apr 13, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
    recording part is not hard....but the part where to find a person to record it with u playing it N times

p/s: MDC please be sure that u can update the score every day unlike "previous" 1 where hardly update on leaderboard

19. MilkDrinkingCow

Dec 3, 2010
    iPhone app developer
    San Jose, CA
    _

I can update the score on TA daily at 3:00 PST until the contest is over.

20. TanTan

TanTan Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2011
    So this is over on monday right?