Win a Nooskewl t-shirt - standing offer

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by trentg, Sep 13, 2010.

1. trentg

trentg Well-Known Member

Hello again! Some of you probably remember the last contest here to do with Happy-WordZ, where I was giving away a $15 gift card to anyone who scored 35 points in a game.

Well, I haven't given up on that yet. First, I'm setting the deadline for 1 year from now. I believe in that time somebody can make the score (hopefully they also see this thread :eek:.) Second, the prize will be one of these guys (size large). Way cool!

Hope you've got a good strategy! And remember, you can always request removals and additions to the word list here.

Oh, BTW, in the current dictionary it was brought to my attention that there is a possibility for a game OVER 35 points! I would be amazed if someone came up with it!

And this might go without saying, but bots will be banned and will not be awarded anything. I need to see a screenshot of the points breakdown screen (where it shows your words with each individual point value beside it) to verify any potential winner! You can take a screenshot on any ipod/iphone by pressing power+home at the same time!

Cheers,
    Trent

2. AnthonyL

AnthonyL Well-Known Member

I managed 24 so far!

3. trishya

trishya Active Member

Sep 8, 2010
    same here 24 it is so difficult

4. trentg

trentg Well-Known Member

Some tips for getting high scores. Look at the point chart and determine what some of the top-value letters are (Z, X are good). Think of some words that use those letters and some good positions to put them: example, Z works well here:

- -
    - -
    Z--

X works well here:

- -
    - -
    --X

Sacrifice a lot of decent scoring games for a few BIG scoring games. I like to start filling the board as if I'll have a Z in the above position and an X in the above position as well (hint). So, pretend they're already there and fill in the other letters with ones that will make words, and if and when you get the Z or X (hopefully you get the X at a time when you can place it there), drop them in place. You can use other big letters too, like F, V, etc. This is a pretty good strategy, though you're bound to get a lot of low scoring games, you're also bound to get high scoring ones eventually too. My best is around 32 points and someone also scored 34 once. I think top score possible is over 35 points, this contest is for 35+ (unless the word list changes by someone challenging a word, then I'll adjust the mark).

Good luck!