Win a Free iPad | iPad Giveaway - Time Geeks contest

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by ivanovich, Dec 20, 2010.

1. soulsearcher

soulsearcher Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    lol..i think website result is slower..im gonna sleep... not a merry xmas =p nitez all...freaking 4.30am here on 25th

Merry Xmas

2. eusoneu

eusoneu Member

Dec 23, 2010
    BCN City
    #102 eusoneu, Dec 24, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2010
    The result is 1

And the prize is for Daniel Chin

He has laughed directly at our face, they should have been disqualified but this is the real life

Only the bad people get what they want so in the next contest i will not participate because of this mother****ers

I'm very angry

I wouldn't be angry if someone else that not cheated would have won the prize

At least I have my consciousness tranquil

3. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Hah. I too wished it would have been someone else other than Daniel and that other cheater. Anyways, you really got lucky daniel. Just hope you dont get to meet eusoneu ever though. Coz looks like your lucky streak will be ending as soon as you do :p

4. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    The results for this one are just sad. Cheaters should be disqualified... :/ not rewared! :mad:

5. niezam

niezam Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    App Store
    Unbelievable result :eek: Damn that guy win.

6. eusoneu

eusoneu Member

Dec 23, 2010
    BCN City
    #106 eusoneu, Dec 24, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2010
    It seems that in this contest is upside-down

I really didn't care that I won the prize because I have an iPhone and it's practically the same but at least I prayed to god that The winner wasnt a cheater

7. Bitsandpixeltester

Bitsandpixeltester Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2010
    This really showcases how broken the contest was from the beginning. The thing I did not understand was counting those who had cheated in the top 10. It obviously was clear Daniel cheated but oh well.

8. Gunlock

Gunlock Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    This is the first and the last time I've entered a contest from Time Geeks. Not only the obvious cheater won, but other cheaters were also included in the top ten.

If you change the rules in the end, do it properly so they are fair in 100%. But they were not fair. In the end the guy that was laughing at us since the beginning with his +100 likes per hour still had a 10% chance to win, and he did.

Overall result is this - you wanted to make Time Geeks fan page on Facebook more popular with this contest, and in the end you have hundreds of fake 'likes' on FB, one happy cheater and hundreds of unhappy costumers (not because they didn't won an iPad, but because the cheater won). It is rather hard to call that good advertising, don't you think? " I have two legs, I'll shoot myself in that one..." :D

Happy Xmas everybody! :)

9. eusoneu

eusoneu Member

Dec 23, 2010
    BCN City

Totally agreed with you

10. soulsearcher

soulsearcher Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    lol..what's done is done..nothing can be helped anymore..hope the organisers can learn from the mistake and improve it next time if they plan to do it again =)

all go like ImNoSuperMan comment in FB =p

11. Wasgo

Wasgo Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2010
    I think everyone needs to remember that the contest organizers didn't get what they wanted either, and to be a bit more sympathetic. I agree that the contest didn't go smoothly, but running a contest is really difficult. It's always hard to consider how people are going to game the system, because people are very good at it.

I for one would like to thank the contest organizers for trying to do something nice. I'm sorry it didn't work the way you hoped, but I appreciate the effort.

As for Daniel winning, it's unfortunate, but doesn't really matter. It was a contest, and with contests, it's not about who deserves it the most, it's about who wins. Regardless of why, he won, and it's over. Time to move on.

Most of all, I'm just happy this contest helped me discover The Time Geeks game. It's fun, and I enjoy it. Thanks. :)