Win $400, $300, $200 and $100 in the "Flying Discs" (not frisbees..) official contest

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by stamasar, Aug 27, 2010.

1. stamasar

stamasar Well-Known Member

When you get lets say 50.000 once means you `ll go there again.
    So record your next games.
    I explain above the reasons.
    We cannot find other way to protect the honest players from the cheaters.

How would you react if i download the game, crack it and do a (fake) score at 80.000 ?
    While you spent hours to go to 60.000 for example and so close to win some cash ?

Please if you think of something better i do listen :)
    Friendly
    Stamatis

2. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    ask for a screenshot of the game over screen?

3. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Scoring Explained (a little)...

Hey Gang,

Here is a snippet of what the Sleepless Stamasar had explained to me:

4. stamasar

?
    Think again please.
    I can create almost anything with a computer and a photoshop.
    And millions of photoshop users too :)

5. jjjmedia

jjjmedia Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Can't you just check the Open Feint scoreboard?

6. stamasar

Already answered in the page 2 of this thread but here it is:

Yes you have to record the whole game.
    And the reason is justice against the good and honest player against cheaters.
    With a jailbroken device and a stolen copy, a "hacker" can score anything he wants.
    While my you try to beat the game and played hundred hours to make a super score.

Believe me we do this ONLY to support the people that bought this and played because they loved it.
    The money is there waiting 4 gamers for 4 cash prizes (or 1 if he is that good) to get it.
    The money will definitely go to some players either way.
    So we don`t care about the loss.

I hope this reply explains things.

Friendly
    Stamatis

Thanks

7. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    i was going to get this because of the competition... but we have to record our game? first off, I know it is a security thing to make sure nobody is cheating... but i think it is a little too much. Imagine how hard it is to score that many points with an camera in between you and your device :eek:

8. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I don't know for sure here, but perhaps just having the camera mounted right nearby or over a shoulder so it can pickup a lot of the action, not necessarily, every second, but just damn clear there were no cuts/multiple takes from the beginning to the end when you then show your final results.

(but don't quote me on this...Stamasar has admitted they're open to other suggestions how they can reasonably verify there was no monkey business involved in getting your final results so hopefully somebody can think of a less obnoxious one).

Oh!

Something real basic I think I have seen used in similar situations, perhaps, Stamasar and crew can put into the game in a future update a very encrypted code that will clearly display on the End Results Screen that factors in the End Game Score, Combos, Time Played, and any other displayed stats shown at the Game End screen...if the encrypted code is not properly matching up with your displayed End Game Score, Combos, and Time Played than they know the Screenshot is full of crap. :D

9. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    so is it for all four of the different contests (100, 200, 300, and 400) that you have to record it? or is it just for a specific one?

10. stamasar

For all.

Ok lets do this and i hope my partner will agree.
    We ll create a poll.
    And if you people decide not to use a camera but use a screenshot or the open feint`s scores or any other choice we decide together we`ll do it.
    But i already described the risks. It will be up to you.

I don`t think we should burn time putting secret codes etc inside the game. This could be very tricky, even hacked at the end.
    While we could continue to work on the 2 new modes of gameplay we prepare for the game and offer you even more fun. Zombie mode and God mode (but no further details - my lips are sealed...)

Spread it and let me know so we can fix a poll

Cheers
    S

11. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    I think that if you have a video of somewhere around 40,000ish, and you break 75,000 with a screenshot, then that is pretty legitiment since you proved you have at least some skill. I don't want to record every single game I play. Maybe this is a viable option.

12. Skinski

Skinski Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    No.

That just provides ample opportunity for someone who has a reasonable score to either be tempted to cheat or actually get away with it.

Taking a video may be inconvenient but it is probably worth $100+ to do so.

Once you get good at the game then just video a game or two. Sure you might miss recording a good game but world records are not always broken at the Olympics either.

13. stamasar

This could work :)
    But do you believe is fair enough ?
    We`ll gather more opinions and decide.
    I think a poll will help.

14. stamasar

Good.
    You are starting to tame it :)
    But you have long way ahead.
    Keep it up until you get Brain Updated.

Cheers

15. KushyKush

KushyKush Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Seriously you expect people to tape all of their games. What about those of us without a video camera? I was thinking about buying it just to enter the contest until I read that part

16. stamasar

Great tips

IMPORTANT CORRECTION:

I made some tiny mistakes to the tips i gave to LordGek. Sorry. The lack of sleep do such tricks...

The points are:
    WHITE disc: 10p
    ORANGE discs: 15p
    RED disc: 20p
    (and not 5 - 10 - 20 as i said to LordGek / forgive me dude :(

So i correct it here and give you more !

1. When you manage to collect 5 discs in a row(no matter what their color is), you release a random bonus disc (from the ones i mentioned above and more).
    2. When you make ten in a row... You imobilize the hostile disc for 15 seconds. )
    There are indicators that let you know how many discs you collect in a row (top left).

The white disc is 10p, the orange 15p, the red 20p.

3. Do combos. You get many points fast. The combos are:
    - Three orange discs in a row give 15+15+15 +40 extra points for the combo + 10 whites (gift) to follow. Every orange you collect after that, gives 15(orange value) +20p(reward you continue the orange row).
    - White > Orange > Red give 10+15+20 +60 extra p. +life bonus release
    - Three red in a row +20+20+20 +60 + random bonus release. For every extra red you get p20(for the red disc)+30p (for the chain)
    - If you manage to put two discs in a collector: the value of the disc +20p.
    three discs in a collector: the value of the 3rd disc +60p.

4. And now the big secret. If you manage to reach the last stage... the bonus run begins.
    Get ready for great scores from that point and after.

--------------------------------------------------------------

If you really want to learn this game faster, try this.
    Play some rounds on the easy mode first. Forget the bonuses.
    Concentrate on the disc collecting only and the rythm that the collector changes colors.
    THIS IS THE MOST CRITICAL thing to understand. When you get familiar with this and the speeds of the discs, you are ready to play.
    Try collecting orange discs which need medium skill.

Then start playing on the normal mode still without leting the bonuses get your attention.
    When you manage to collect with ease the discs you are ready and you`ll know it.

If you want to practise on red discs collection, play the hard mode. There are plenty of reds there :)
    But be warned - for new players it is a suicide. For the moment play for "educational" reasons only or you will be disapointed (!).
    Hard mode is really hard. And we mean it.

5. When brain updated, here is a catch. Try collecting discs while blocking the hostile to corners (if you try to do this while not collecting you just break your rows so you lose extra points).

6. In some situtations, try to put the hostile follow a path. Lets say try to send it at the right of the screen so it bounces at the top and the bottom for as long as no new disc bounces it.

More tips to follow.

17. stamasar

Already answered that but this is the most right thing to do.
    I also said that we can listen to your voice and create a poll.
    If YOU decide not to use video for proof no problem. We will give the money either way.

Please read before you post

Friendly
    s

18. KushyKush

Aug 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Well i don't think that anyone will agree that taping the game is a reasonable request.

19. stamasar

OK.
    We got your point.
    We`ll put a poll about this .

Thank you very much

20. KushyKush

Aug 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Cool. You still have no reviews in the iStore. Hmm