Win $400, $300, $200 and $100 in the "Flying Discs" (not frisbees..) official contest

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by stamasar, Aug 27, 2010.

1. stamasar

stamasar Well-Known Member

#1 stamasar, Aug 27, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
    Hi people,

Play our incredible new game and win cash*
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=65077
    Yes - As simple as that.
    We don`t fool nobody - we are here to stay as serious game developers and this is a chance to get to know our diamond.

Be warned. It is a difficult (but fantastic) game.
    Every gamer that do the mistake to play it, gets addicted in no time...

1st prize
    $400
    For the player with the highest score on normal mode as of November 15th 2010 12:00EST.

2nd prize
    $300
    For the first player to finish the game on hard mode.

3rd prize
    $200
    For the first player to complete 5 of each combo type within one game of normal or hard mode
    the combos are (the titles below lead to video preview of each combo):
    - 3 RED,
    - 3 ORANGE,
    - WHITE / ORANGE / RED &
    - 10 IN A ROW.

4th prize
    $100
    For the first player to surpass 75.000 points on normal mode

Look what people say about the game in this forum:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=65077
    - So is it kind of like Badaboo?
    - No not really only in the fact that when they touch they change colour but is a totally different game alot better than Badaboo

- No im not worried about the money the game was worth every penny i paid (he bought it before the sale was registered at 2.99...)
    - yeah its a great little game and now only 99c
    - It is hard but that's one of the things I like about it makes you want to get better
    - The more I play this game the more I like it I just hope this doesn't stay one of the App stores hidden gems as it deserves so much more a front page on TA would be a start
    - This game is an incredibly trippy ride that I can't think of ANYTHING to use as a rough comparison point!
    - I love this game so much. I don't know why, but I can't stop playing it!!

Read the Terms and Conditions here:
    http://www.tapdiscgame.com/money_contest.html

*Apple is not a sponsor of, or responsible for conducting the promotion.

Legal Radiation Team

2. Skinski

Skinski Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Nice marketing strategy.

You're going to sell bucket loads of this app through this competition.

:)

3. stamasar

My friend, if our game gets the exposure it deserves, believe me it will fly.
    It is a very unique concept that you won`t find in any device.
    Let`s say colour matching in time...
    If you play it you love it because it is trylly one of its kind.

I dare to say that we were honoured by a great (i would say the greatest at the moment) publisher to evaluate this game and aprove us for a future creation. Very important reward and verification for our ~8 months work.

This contest was just an idea we had to get extra exposure.

Friendly
    Stamatis

4. Skinski

Jul 31, 2010
    I think I'll probably buy this one and check it out.

Not because of the competition as I'm not really willing to invest time needed to get those achievements (nor willing to video all my games haha).

If it is a good app I hope it does really well as it is the markets way of encouraging innovation and quality work.

:)

5. stamasar

You don`t have to record all of your videos...
    You have some time to get close to these scores you need to win the prizes.
    This game needs a lot of practise.

Waiting for your comments in case you download it
    Cheers

6. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    I'm getting this to compete. Watch out people, cocobowling has entered the fray

7. Skinski

Jul 31, 2010
    Well I grabbed it. Looks like a great game on first impressions.

Someone has already scored 51,000 on Open Feint.

8. stamasar

C`mon !!!
    Show us what you are made of.

9. stamasar

He is the main beta tester...
    Hope he won`t play with different nickname and email to steal some prizes !Joking - he is a good friend.

Shame on the devs though (i have ~32.000) ...
    But we`ll beat him soon. That`s a promise.

You `ll need some time of gameplay to get such scores.
    You just need to get the Brain Update we claim that every player gets after some hours with the game.

Looking forward to send money to someone here in touch arcade.

Have fun
    s

10. KushyKush

KushyKush Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Is this game any good?

11. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I like it.

While damn hard to classify, there are little bits of pool and in a weird way Missile Command (trying to set your collector at just the right spot to not only intercept a disc, but intercept it at just the right time).

Here is an attempt to explain some of it a LITTLE better.

Collector, once placed, will cycle through the three colors (white, orange, and red) and then disappear.

If you see a white disc you can drop a collector right on it and immediately score a few points since placed collectors always start off white themselves.

If you see an orange disc it is already getting a bit trickier since now you not only have to place the collector in the path of this disc, but place it far enough ahead of the disc so it will cycle to orange at the moment the disc hits it.

If the round collector isn't the right color when the disc hits it, the disc will be reflected like some ball in a pool game (depending on the angle and speed of the collision).

If this weren't tricky enough, there are bad guys afoot as well! They take the form of uncollectable radioactive discs (clearly NOT LEGAL RADIATION in this case) that will damage your discs if they collide into them (they turn white or orange discs red, and if they hit a red disc they just destroy it). So while primarily using your collector to snag discs for points, you'll also want to place them just right to keep the good discs away from this bad guy since each disc he destroys deducts one of your 3 lives!

To make some of the bigger points you need to score one of the game's many combinations (like collecting 3 red discs in a row). The game not only explains all of these potential combos in the tutorial but will make it very clear right on the top of the playfield how far along you are in any of the legal combos from what you may have just collected, like if you just collected a red disc you'll see an image of 3 red discs with the first one highlighted to show you're still on track to make a 3 red in a row combo, but the second you take a misstep and break the potential combo, these helpful reminders disappear.

12. benedetti

benedetti Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    How long does it take to score ~ 50K points :) ?
    Do we have to record the whole top game ?

13. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    It could take quite a while, to be honest, my best game of 1200 was just under 4 minutes but if I started regularly scoring bonuses I'm sure I could have more than doubled it in the same amount of time.

Hey Stamasar, how long did your 32k game take to finish? Can the game be saved and resumed later?

All Stamasar said would be needed is a picture of the score, so I'm assuming (please correct me if wrong, Stamasar), just a screenshot of that end of game display with that score that they can somehow verify wasn't doctored should do it.

14. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    Is the prize money in iTunes gift cards?

15. stamasar

Check this guy:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=65077&page=8

He can help you with tips.
    Yes you have to record the whole game.
    And the reason is justice against the good and honest player against cheaters.
    With a jailbroken device and a stolen copy, a "hacker" can score anything he wants.
    While my you try to beat the game and played hundred hours to make a super score.

Believe me we do this ONLY to support the people that bought this and played because they loved it.
    The money is there waiting 4 gamers for 4 cash prizes (or 1 if he is that good) to get it.
    The money will definitely go to some players either way.
    So we don`t care about the loss.

I hope this reply explains things.

Friendly
    Stamatis

16. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Okay, my bad, I understand the need to prove its a legitimate game but, hmm, I guess once you've gotten some amazing scores you better get a video camera and start recording your future games.

So while it means a little more effort than just snapping a pic of your end score, isn't hundreds of dollars worth it?

17. stamasar

You can decide.
    We can send cash to a paypal account or send you gift cards
    No problem :)

18. stamasar

I can`t say you are wrong on this.
    But we assume that everyone has or can find a camera to do this.
    We offer good money here.
    With less than a dollar you get a great (we strongly believe it is) game and if you love it and go well you can win up to $400 !!!
    It` a good deal.

BUT,
    If someone here guys have an idea of how to protect the honest players from cheaters without a video proof please les us know and we`ll do it.
    It`s a promise.

Friendly
    Stamatis

19. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    2100 on normal, lol this is furiously fun

20. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    wait, we have to record our plays on video?!