Win $25 iTunes Gift Card by playing Wild Surf!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by EatingMyHat, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Headshot9

Headshot9 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2011
    CA, USA
    Man, you just crashed me. Need to get back on the board :)

I love this game!

I figured the store unlocks. You need to buy something from page 1 to unlock page 2 and than but something from page 2 to unlock page 3.

If you have the shells, but the Super Mateo guy (super mario :) ) - it changes the sound effects to be similar to the classic super mario. Nice touch! lots of small surprises.

2. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    I like the game a lot to but there are some issues don't know if its just me but the lag is a big problem. At times it will "get stuck" for a second which causes you to miss time the jumps. Also the music sometimes turns off and on from game to game. Another issue I have encountered is you could land right in the middle of a wave and still sink I've had this happen only with the biggest waves. I still have some crashes and if you want I could email you the crash logs if it would help improve the game. My thoughts is it could be gamecenter ive seen a lot of issues lately with GC and iPod touch 4g and iPad 2 (i think) e.g subway surfers by Kiloo. The achievements are great but hurt the game because they pop up during gameplay which also causes lag to occur. It's just a few nuisances that could be remedied but the game really is great and I am glad I joined in the contest.

3. EatingMyHat

EatingMyHat Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    Thanks for the update @JCman7 we are currently downgrading an iPod 4g for testing. As for game center, once you get the initial achievements those should go away and you will have a smoother experience.

Happy that you still enjoy the contest. Watching to leader board, waiting for you to be the next one to pass the 1000m line.

4. Headshot9

Jan 2, 2011
    CA, USA
    1am... Almost fell asleep playing :)

Improved my score by a bit, but still 2nd :(
    Vacation day tomorrow, I'll be surfing...

Good night all, do yourself a favor and don't get into this game - there is no way out! ;)

5. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    I'm in. GC: RaptorF35

6. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Made it to 1185!! So close of making it longer but lag set in from my GC achievements popping up but I am determined to make it further!!

7. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Now up to 1563! I had two powerups left to use too I'm so upset with myself!! Lol

8. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Can you give us any more special codes? I'm running out of powerups and shells!! Lol

9. Headshot9

Jan 2, 2011
    CA, USA
    Where did you came from pushing me down like this? ;)

Man, I got a mental block at 1200... Maybe another beer will help.

Please don't tell your friends about the game, I can't handle being any lower than 3rd place :(

10. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Lol I've been playing like nonstop don't worry I'm not telling anyone :)

11. o0smoothies0o

o0smoothies0o Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    EatingMyHat, I'm playing on an iPod Touch 4G with iOS 5.1.1 (latest version), and when you pass 2000m the game drops to 1FPS and becomes impossible to play (it's happened to me twice now). Your score starts shooting up and when you finally die the game freezes completely, not saving your score. I have a screenshot for reference of the glitch showing my death, where the screen froze, and my high score (where the game was just multiplying the score constantly until I died).

Attached Files:

12. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    I've had that happen to me past 1500 m. I was ready to scream lol

13. EatingMyHat

May 16, 2012
    Sorry guys, we are seeing memory issues with iPods 4g, working on an update to hopefully resolve it. Resetting the device should ease te issue.

14. o0smoothies0o

Jun 28, 2012
    Well the game seems to work fine for the most part, its just once I passed 2000m it basically froze on me. The only other lag I had was mainly from Game Center achievements popping up but I've gotten most of them now so its not an issue anymore.

15. EatingMyHat

May 16, 2012
    It's great that you still enjoying the game despite of this issue, we approciate the feedback greatly. However, we want your expiriance to be smoother. We are experimenting with a 'low memory' mode which will allow you to turn off some elements without impacting the game play. If we will see that it improves the gaming expiriance for iPod 4g and iPhone 3G we will release it in an update.

Thanks again for your support and constructive feedback!
    GR

16. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Lag is getting worse after 1000 now it slows way down. I've tried everything reinstalling and restarting my device it doesn't help. Can you extend the contest until an update can go out?

17. EatingMyHat

May 16, 2012
    #37 EatingMyHat, Jul 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
    Sorry, updates take time (at least a week to test and another week to get reviewed by Apple) - but once the update is out we will do another contest (most likely early August) - this time we will give prizes to the top 3.

We will be looking for beta testers for the 'lower memory' setting (in return to some more in-game freebies), would you be interested (or/and o0smoothies0o)?

GR.

18. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    That's understandable and that sounds great. Yes I would love to help out I am a beta tester actually have tested over 40 games.

19. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    I'm in too!

20. o0smoothies0o

Jun 28, 2012
    I love the High Score contest you guys are having and yeah I could probably help you beta test a new version if you wanted.