Wimp HD - $0.99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by syntheticvoid, Oct 6, 2012.

1. While I wouldn't go so far as to call it a scam, I hear your points about it seemingly being designed to become a freemium since day one. So yeah, I don't like that much either, but you know what, almost every single endless runner is like that nowadays.

I know shooters usually are not, but some games like major mayhem have gone through freemium converts and have gotten better in some ways due to early adopter bonuses and added content.

In major mayhem I got the plasma gun, 2 full costumes, and another gun with plenty of coins left, plus the time bomb mode for 99 cents which actually made the game funner for me.

Dead trigger got the alien gun, more coins for other things, more levels, monsters, arena, etc for the 99 cents. Just the alien gun and arena was worth the buck to me cause it made the game even funner for me.

But anyway, I hope Wimp never becomes a freemium either, but I doubt that it ever will since it's only iap is unlock all levels. But who knows, anything can happen in the ios world, and that's kind of why I tend to be a non early adopter and just wait a month. Have been saving a lot of money this way. Probably saved over $20 bucks last month.

But in Wimp's case, I really wanted to see how great the game would be on my new ipad and I am impressed.

So I hear ya, and I agree with your points, they are all valid.

2. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Just seconds ago this was 99 cents and when I went to buy, it said "Item is being modified." It's $1.99 now.

3. Serian

Serian Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2010
    How is the non-HD version different? The description says it supports retina graphics and they are both universal.

4. Main difference is size, hd 500 mb sd 100 mb or so. Now both are universal, so that is the same.

The hd version has ipad retina graphics, so if you have a new ipad or going to buy the ipad 4, definitely get the hd version. It is awesome on my new ipad.

Hd on iphones or ipad 2 have uncompressed textures, so it is a little better than the sd version, but not worth it due to disk space.

5. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

On sale again! (HD/Universal 99ยข.)

6. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Just beat the game...damn that's a short game. Oh well, it was a good 99 cents while it lasted, at least there's iCould save support so I can re-install if new levels come

7. Wow, on sale again so fast? It just went off sale like 2 days ago...