Wimp by FlexileStudio

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MrFlexile, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrFlexile

MrFlexile Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2012
    Technical Director
    Minsk
    Hey, thank you for your words! We hope it's gonna be the new IP too! And hope so much I'll love it! It's your right to test the game or wait for the release :) We're going to start the Apple submission procedure in a 2 weeks, so the game might be released in the end of September

2. MrFlexile

Jan 17, 2012
    Technical Director
    Minsk
    Mikey shorts is totally different game, more like a classic platformer. In our case we thought of the game with a lot of competitive puzzles on each levels, different character mechanics and breathtaking music and graphics. We have a background of game development for the consoles so that now trying to show you what we can do :) I wish you'll enjoy the game and stay with us for the future titles!

3. Yes, am very impressed with what you can do. Wasn't expecting too much from the game, but the cool graphics lured me in. And when I found out the gameplay was really good, and the puzzle aspect in the game was great, I was pleasantly surprised. Plays very much like a console game that is for sure.

Good job!

4. MrFlexile

Jan 17, 2012
    Technical Director
    Minsk
    #44 MrFlexile, Sep 5, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
    We received multiple very possitive feedbacks lately, thank you very much for all of you! And what is more important - no one was negative!

We still can add you to our testers list if you'd like to! Join us on TestFlight

And don't forget to see our gameplay video if you haven't seen it yet! It's on the first page of this thread!

5. MrFlexile

Jan 17, 2012
    Technical Director
    Minsk
    We've got a mention on TA main page! Thank you very much!

And we've got +100 visitors here and around 8 new tester requests, wow! It works!
    But as for now, we stop the recruitment for a while or even end up for the game at all. Thanks to all who joined so far. I will let you know if we continue the recruitment.

Stay tuned, I will provide the new details when they come!

6. Frungi

Frungi Active Member

I can’t believe no one’s even mentioned Gish in this thread, a physics-based platformer where you control a blob of tar. This game looks like a definite buy for me, but as soon as I started watching the gameplay, my first thought was Gish.

7. DeadlySeriousMedia

DeadlySeriousMedia Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Arizona
    This looks amazing! I really want to play this. Great job!

8. Nerf

Nerf Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Wimp and Gish different mechanics, the Wimp other state .
    Wimp shell on the basis of physics and not all of it!
    Wimp fireball double jump! Teleport and Sticking.
    A completely different mechanics seems only is the physical shell!

9. Frungi

Frungi Active Member

Sticking was a big gameplay element of Gish, too. As for the others, I think you mean "additional" rather than "different". Which is to say, this is still very similar at its core (from the video I've seen), but it's iterative rather than a ripoff.

10. Alex Ramirez Sanchez

Sep 7, 2012
    You are wrong, compadres. One of the core mechanics of Gish is to stick to the walls and ceiling and MOVE along it. Wimp can not do this. When he sticks to something, he will stop instantly and can not move any longer except of turning over boxes to solve puzzles. But unlike Gish Wimp has much more abilities that completely changes gameplay mechanics. Such as ability to be in fire and fly or ability to teleport. So I think it will be wrong to compare this two good games. (Guess Wimp will rock).

11. MrDod

MrDod New Member

Sep 6, 2012
    This game looks incredible.. Whether it's like Gish or not...

12. MrFlexile

Jan 17, 2012
    Technical Director
    Minsk
    Hello guys!

We're currently working on the game icon. Here's the variant we chose so far. What do you think?

[​IMG]

13. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I think I like... The beta icon more than those. If the left one(wait they're the same nvm) would be bette than beta one if it was all green like that one

14. Yeah, that was one of my comments. I don't like the orange, but I like the more dynamic shaped creature. Can you post this with an all green hue with the new graphics?

15. Vertexpusher

Vertexpusher New Member

Jul 6, 2012
    Game developer
    Vancouver
    I've really enjoyed the short time i spent with the game so far. The solid core game mechanics allow for some fun puzzles and level designs and I'm looking forward to more. I'll send more feedback via email as I get a bit deeper into the game.

16. MrFlexile

Jan 17, 2012
    Technical Director
    Minsk
    Thank you, we'll be glad to see your feeback! But hurry, we're going to start the submission procedure next week! :)

17. MrFlexile

Jan 17, 2012
    Technical Director
    Minsk
    When the whole icon is green it doesn't attract much... Anyway we'll show a bit different one soon.

18. .THOTH.

.THOTH. Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Credit counselor :(
    Tacoma, WA
    I'll try to submit my feedback before the end of the week. This is a great game so far just keep forgetting to send that email. I like the new icon btw, I was going to suggest that you guys spruce it up a little and this one looks better.

19. Nerf

Nerf Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    icon very good ;)))i love wimp. :eek::eek:

20. MrFlexile

Jan 17, 2012
    Technical Director
    Minsk
    We've finally submitted Wimp to Apple for review! If everything goes right the game will be available next week! Stay tuned!

And we support brand-new iPhone 5!

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook to be the first who see the game when it's released!
    Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/wimpgame
    Twitter - https://twitter.com/WimpGame