Universal Willy Jetman: Gravity Action (by BadLand Publishing)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 12, 2020.

1. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Download it and give it a try. I honestly don’t think the controls are bad. Could be improved but far from “ruined” for me. Great game!

Menus are really the only thing I don’t like.

2. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Well, I really want an option to tap the jump button to jump and hold the jump button to jet.

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    No issue with the controls here. Apart from it still being awkward not being able to tap in the shop, I think they're rather spectacular.

Don't sleep on this one, folks. Totally fills that Symphony of the Night void (till I play it again and again) while being, legit, the only game like this on the App Store. Part Lunar Lander, part shmup, part platformer, part digging game, part Metroidvania...it's a thing of beauty.

anthony78 likes this.
  4. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Anyone figure out how to blow up the bushes in sector 1-5? Bombs don’t seem to work.

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Presume that bit’s Metroidvania'd off and we'll have something to blow it up with later on.

6. Thedrawguy

Thedrawguy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Male
    You will get the ability to destroy the bushes when you find the new weapon.
    Just keep playing.

anthony78 likes this.
  7. billavi

billavi Member

Aug 31, 2008
    If they implemented that, then how would you shoot while flying?

Jstorm likes this.
  8. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    That is a good point. I was hoping for the jet pack control from Cave story, which I played on a keyboard, but I forgot the control limitation on a mobile.

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Haha, yeah...I kept reading your last post while thinking "That seems like a great solution, but there's gotta be a reason why that won't work", but I could never put my finger on it. Read the post by @billavi and literally facepalmed. Of course... Not being to shoot while in mid-air!

10. billavi

billavi Member

Aug 31, 2008
    Does anyone have an issue with the game prompting you to pay again after your device has been turned off, or when the game had been reopened after being taken out of memory? I can do a "restore purchases", but it's a bit of a pain to do it every day. I'd delete and reinstall it, but I don't want to start over.

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Haha, yeah...got this problem. Easiest solution is to just select “Try for free” and keep on going, but yeah, this needs to be fixed.

12. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    So I had to restore my iPhone due to an issue and was annoyed that this is gone from the store. Not even in downloads. Not even a year old. :(

13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Gotta be a case of the publisher forgetting to pay their yearly license. I don't remember what games they've published other than this and Hue, but everything's gone.