Universal Williams™ Pinball (by ZEN Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Feb 1, 2019.

1. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Okay, great to know it is transferable!

2. jkluk23

jkluk23 Active Member

Mar 13, 2014
    They now have, for a limited time you can get ALL tables fully unlocked for $19.99!

3. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    That's actually pretty reasonable but I feel like such the sucker as I'd already spent over $10 trying to get a basic foothold in their Freemium Three Card Monte.

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah changed my review now. Very tempted to buy them. Shame it’s time limited and I hope future tables can be bought.

5. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    Wait, where do I find that purchase option in the app? I can't seem to find it.

6. Igoo

Igoo Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    I can't find it either.

7. jkluk23

jkluk23 Active Member

Mar 13, 2014
    I just updated the app a couple days ago and after that a pop up add appeared in the app. I believe when I bought the 7 tables for 19.99 there was one day and approximately 21 hours left for the promotion.

8. GordLacey

GordLacey Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Some people are getting the one-time offer, and others aren't. If you get it, it's VERY obvious - a big banner appears on the top of the home screen (the one with the 3 options to play the game). I don't know why they decided to make it a timed offer - mine has already disappeared, as I didn't have enough iTunes credit to buy it. The way the mobile app has been handled has really turned me off of the game.

9. RedThumb

RedThumb Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2016
    This App is getting worse and worse.
    For days I kept grinding the daily challenges, until I had enough parts to promote the first table.

And what did I get?
    NOTHING!

Needs another 15 parts to promote it AGAIN and only then I supposedly get to play it.
    It's like they made a bet that they could make the most confusing and greedy app ever and did quite a good job with that.

If the tables would have been added to Zen Pinball as usual I most likely would have bought them. No way with this trainwreck though.

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I was going to buy the one off price for the tables but i didnt in the end. I'm worried that when the next tables come out it might just be 'freemium' rather than again 'one off chance to buy them all'.

The table i played on was excellent but i must admit i cant notice a huge difference between this and Pinball Arcade. I mean i can tell the Zen one seemed to flow better but the pinball arcade ones are fine for me, i'm a casual player so i just dip in and out various tables.

11. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    I've found Pinball Arcade to be very realistic. In fact, I had only played Ripley's Believe it or not on my iPhone until I encountered one in real life. I played it on one quarter for over an hour! I've gotten really tired of the Zen tables lately. They're all ramps to ramps.

I agree PA could use some more tables, but they lost the Williams license to Zen...