Will we ever see $60 games in the Mobile Market?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by MarleySaege, Feb 17, 2015.

1. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    #21 oldsnake, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
    I say no,i explain better,there lot of Console port on iOS,and The MAX You can see as price,it's 13€,i enjoy games Like BIOSHOCK,GTA 3,VICE CITY,SAN ANDREAS,MAX PAYNE,for example,and ROCKSTAR GAMES port cost at last 5 bucks,I'm honest,i will pay and buy BIOSHOCK and The other titles also with 20€ price Tag,again,true console port Without sacrifice something it's not posssible,also Now that we have 4GB download instead of 2,instead my question is,i will pay 60€ console port on iOS? Yes,if i have The security that my purchase will be update every year after new OS coming out,that can potentially break The game,Like a Life garrancy over The digital purchase..but will never happen,so my answer it's no..I continue to play on PS3,PS4 and on iOS i play This ports,and other games..

2. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    If they ported over GTA V from a next generation console tomorrow, the majority of crying iOS users would say $60 is too much for this game, not worth it.

I would love to see it and if properly done, would gladly play it.

I bought WHQ and all exp and characters(not the weapons I consider that cheating) and that in total was around $30ish I think...

I have no problem with paying for quality but I am in the MAJOR minority on that view.

But, I bet the same whiners would buy a .99 bundle every week for 60 weeks for their beloved clash of clans, because it looks smaller on the wallet ;)

3. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    I don't think this is historically accurate. Games were selling for $60 or more way before PS3 and Xbox 360 came out. I'm not aware that there was any price jump at that point in current AAA games.

I completely agree with this, and it would be one of my main reasons for being unwilling to pay that much. Actually I should amend that. It's not primarily the non-physical nature of the games, since I can back up my iOS device in iTunes which includes backing up all my games. The real issue is that iOS, and iOS devices, get major updates every year, which end up breaking some games. So I think of mobile games as throw away, because I assume I'm not going to be able to play them a couple of years from now. Contrast this with my Xbox games, where I can, and do, still play games just fine that I bought 10 years ago, and will continue to be able to as long as I have a working Xbox 360. No, the developers don't keep updating the games forever, but they don't need to because Microsoft commits to not putting out game-breaking OS updates to the Xbox 360 for the life of the console. So that's a big reason I wouldn't be willing to spend much more than $20 for an iOS game, but I am for console games.

I agree with the rest of your post too, and thought it was very insightful.

4. MarleySaege

MarleySaege Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Good point regarding the possibility of a game breaking software update. Just look at what happened to Black Ops zombies & TWEWY. Both broken due to iOS 8's new way of managing system files. I do have to disagree with you though about the lack of a physical copy, from my experience on the AppStore, if you purchased the game, you'll always be able to download it from your download history page, even if the game was pulled.

5. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    I believe Black Ops was broken on iOS 7 as well, I remember seeing screenshots of green lines that cover the screen while playing the game. Not sure if this was a 64 bit compatibility issue but the iPhone 5 also had issues playing the game seeing earlier reviews which is not a 64 bit device.

6. MarleySaege

MarleySaege Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    It's just so damn odd that the game did so well with tens of thousands of sales yet the developers & published insist on completely ignoring it.

7. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Works just fine on my 5S running iOS 7.1.2

But I was really surprised that CoD WaW Zombies still runs just fine and I was really pleased when I found that out, don't care so much about CoD BoZ.