iPad Will these games ever see the iphone??

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by emsboy, Dec 31, 2008.

1. emsboy

emsboy Active Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Sorry to pick some random games but they are ones I've played in the past and I believe would translate well to the iphone/ipod touch format.

Insaniquarium by Popcap. It's an addictive fish feeding game where you simply feed fish, unlock creatures to help you and fight aliens. It's on popcap.com and I see they've made bejeweled for the iphone so any chance of seeing this awesome game?

A mario game? Is this possible. I'm talking about the old Mario 2D games where he goes sideways across the screen into world 1-1 then 1-2 etc. And you jump to unlock power ups, get across obstacles and kill enemies. Could anyone make this or does a certain developer need the rights? Do you think we'll get one soon?

Lastly, I don't know how complex this would be and it's just a question since I was obsessed with this for years when I was younger, would a port or different version of pokemon ever see the iphone? I think it could work decent on touch and although I am a bit old for it, I think I would definitely play it on my iphone. What do you think of its chances?

So those are just 3 personal games I was wondering. Does anyone have any info if any are in the works and can anyone address questions I had in each game description? Or just comment on how realistic the game's chances are to make it to the iphone and how long it might take?

Thanks and feel free to discuss.

2. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    I would love to see some of those titles ported, but for the time being Nintendo has the DS to focus on. Then again, they might give in for the sake of making extra cash.

3. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    i see pokemon being the super monkey ball of iphone 3rd generation (not 3G lolz)

4. iKoda

iKoda Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Student
    #4 iKoda, Dec 31, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
    Nintendo is Out

Nintendo is deffinetly out of the picture. The iPhone/iPod Touch are already a threat to Nintendo's Nintendo DS.

Why would they make an app and help the iPhone/iPod Touch and make the iPhone/iPod Touch even better? They only get 70% out of how much they sell. Most likely the app will be $9.99.

End of story, Nintendo is Out.

Those are my thoughts. How about you guys?

5. iKoda

iKoda Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Student
    Flash Game Ports

I'm Looking forward to seeing Flash Game Ports.

I really want them to port Tower Bloxx to the iTouch. If you don't know what it is just google it.

6. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    I sort of agree. It's hard to say though...

7. steviet

steviet Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    tv editor
    London
    I don't think you will ever see anything nintendo IMO. I don't think they've done anything on mobile phones so I don't think they would start on something trying to be a rival console.

just my opinion tho

8. jkonkel29

jkonkel29 Member

Dec 31, 2008
    I really wanna see sing star for the iphone that would be really cool. like there can be a catalog of songs to download then it uses the iphones microphone to listen to your voice. that would be really fun

9. emsboy

emsboy Active Member

Dec 31, 2008
    yea i see what you mean. They wouldn't leave their own platform (DS) to make their game for the iphone =/

nintendo makes mario and pokemon correct? I mean could anyone else develop it or make it or does nintendo reserve the rights?

I'm hoping insaniquarium has a good chance though. Popcap is already on the app store and it's a great casual on the go game and I think it's perfect for the iphone.

What other games do you guys wish to see and what do you think the chances are then?

10. VirtualAlex

VirtualAlex Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Nintendo would be insane to make a Mario game for a competing hand held system. There is no way.

I would like to see anything and everything from http://www.orisinal.com

11. Maeks

Maeks Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    #11 Maeks, Dec 31, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
    I don't get why people keep thinking Nintendo is somehow going to end up on the iPhone, did you ever see Mario for the Gamegear? The playstation? Anything without a Nintendo logo on it?

I'd love some of those Nintendo games on my Touch, but it's not going to happen. I think we can, however, hold out for some of the classic SNES titles out there that aren't Nintendo only products, IE some of the Final Fantasy game. Though the possibility is very unlikely, they released FFVI on three different platforms, I don't see Square putting the effort into adding another platform to that list.

12. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Excuse me but if nobody wants to say it, i will. What is it with all this childish and kidish games request on this boards? For God's sake, Mario and Pokemon?are you serious? I thought that the iPhone and iPod Touch are for mature minds, what then is all these Kids games request. I dont mean to bash your opinion, but if you want a Mario and pokemon game, get are freaking gameboy or DS or something. Why cant anyone request something meaningful like a Real american Football, Basketball or even a good fighting game, huh? Its always pokemon and mario. There are certain games that someone should just man up and outgrow, even if they still them.

13. Tetrad

Tetrad Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Game Developer (programmer/designer)
    Dallas, TX
    Just because a game isn't about sports or violence doesn't make it "kiddie".

14. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    ^ what he said. I'm a teenager who hadn't played pokemon in years and then when I jailbroke my phone I got the gba emu and got pokemon emerald and it is fun as (expletive). I mean it is better than 99 percent of all other games on iphone. Also, mario was never a kiddish thing, I'd consider him to be more likable by adults. Mario f*cking rocks.

15. steviet

steviet Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    tv editor
    London
    nothing kiddie about mario either. super mario world and mario 64 are two of the best games of all time ( I'm 29 btw)

16. accidental

accidental Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Seriously, Why the hell do people keep on talking as if ANY 1st part property from Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo have even an iota of a chance of appearing on the iPhone?

Any properties or past games with rights tied to these companies are OUT OF THE PICTURE.

Your only hope is games from 3rd party developers.

17. Freeway82

Dec 2, 2008
    I am sorry to tell you this, but Mario and pokemon are games aimed towards kids. If you so desperately want to play it, go and get a gameboy then period. Please let the iphone be a decent game platform with original games. I guess iFart is at number 1 now because of people like you, huh? More sport games please.

18. accidental

accidental Member

Dec 3, 2008
    For your info Freeway, the Super Mario series isn't aimed at kids, it's aimed at everyone. It's a series that cuts to the heart of what video games are about: fun. If you're too shallow and 'manly' to enjoy anything outside of your need for a testosterone hit video game, you don't deserve to experience gaming's best output. In fact, it's attitudes like yours that leave the iPhone platform with mostly lifeless puzzlers and racing games.

More creatively and intellegently developed games like Nintendo's core titles PLEASE. iFart, Mario is NOT.

19. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    More because of people like you.

20. Freeway82

Dec 2, 2008
    Fellow, i believe taste changes with age, at least i know mine did. And who is talking about being manly here? it is rather acting your age. As good as Rolando is, how often would you pull your iphone out in a public transport and play it, rather you will find yourself going for games like puzzle games and UNO, simply because you know how playing a game like Rolando in such an environment makes you feel but it still will not stop you from enjoying it in the comfort of your house. Eager to play Mario and Pokemon? then get a Gameboy, that is what it is therefore, and keep the childish games away from the Iphone. Do you even listen to yourself? Pokemon? at what age, fellow please.