Will the much-rumored iPad Mini lead to the eventual phasing out of the current iPad?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by HarryWarden, Sep 12, 2012.

1. So if the ipad mini comes out, who all here plans on getting one? And do you currently have a new ipad?

Since I have a new ipad, there will be no way that I would buy the ipad mini, but if I was a female with a big purse, I would seriously think it. Would be kind of interesting if men prefer the new ipad and women prefer the ipad mini.

2. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    I'm not planning on getting one either - with the same reason as you. I currently have only an iPhone and it's enough for me. I use it when I'm on the way and I use it at home (when I feel like playing iOS games or just to lazy to turn on the PC). Dont get me wrong though, I definitely would buy an iPad if I had more money, because I think that iPads are great for in-door. But I dont see what the iPad mini would be good for. I couldnt carry it in my pocket and I'd rather use/buy the real iPad instead.

Someone should start a male-iPurse fashion campaign.

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    LMFAO totally :D

4. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    What I'd like to know is, what's a "better" camera? How many megapixels is it?

Oh, by the way, the "better battery" is not a better battery at all. It's actually a much (much) worse battery. It's powering a far more powerful processor, with an absolutely embarrassingly abysmal difference of a whopping EIGHT miliamps. It's not better. It's a pathetic battery.

5. Yeah, I've been carrying a backpack pretty much wherever I go nowadays just for my ipad, sometimes the sports one with the strings. It's kind of a pain, but I love being able to use my ipad no matter where I go.

There are so many places with free wifi, it's great having it around and being able to do anything on it like watch tv, youtube, internet, play games, and read these forums.

Looked around for other male ipurse options, but none seemed that good, so mainly use my sports string backpack, and if I want water, use my light weight regular backback.

6. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    #26 violentv, Sep 14, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
    I carry a 26 L Chrome messenger bag everywhere.
    http://www.chromebagsstore.com/bags/messenger-bags/citizen-buckle-bag---night-series.html

So putting an ipad into it is pretty easy...but most of the time I just end up holding it becasue I want to be able to use it at all times. It is not that heavy and with a stylish cover(I use a rather plain Cygnett lavish earth cover) you will look like you are carrying about a leather-bound notebook/notepad. I can see how an iPad mini will be easier/lighter to carry around...but I still prefer a larger screen.

7. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    The big screen of the iPad is better in everything , at least when it comes to my needs. It's essential for reading comics, it's better for reading books and it is far superior for web browsing and gaming. If apple were to replace th regular iPad with an iPad mini I would never buy buy a new iPad again .