will bastion have for iphone/ipod ?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by azt44, Sep 2, 2012.

1. azt44

azt44 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    singapore!
    It's really nice to see XBLA slowly importing to ios.

However bastion is only for ipad at the moment .

i really wish to see bastion is up for ipod/iphone :(

anyone agree ? .

2. someoneios

someoneios Active Member

Aug 8, 2012
    USA
    Likely not on their FAQ they said it doesnt port well or something I wish I could link you but I'm on my iPod its in a toucharcade article tho

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    It's a screen size issue. They don't think the game will translate so well not smaller screens. To a certain extent I agree.

4. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    If it sells well enough, you never know. It could go universal in the future. Osmosis just took the leap.

Think of some universal releases. King of Dragon Pass. Ascendancy. Combat Mission Touch. All of the Playdek games. Two Cthulu games (forgot the names off of the top of my head): the turn based tactical on and the board game. Hunters 2 (the first was iPad only).

I've bought all, none are really meant for iPhone play only.

5. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Oh I agree wholeheartedly that almost all games in the AppStore are playable on an iPhone or iPod. I owned an iPod myself and did a great deal of gaming on it. But I also believe that the is experience is almost always superior on an iPad, and that's why Bastion is an iPad exclusive. Would I like to see a universal update? Yes, I would, provided that the iPod touch line and anything below an iPhone 4 are cut out due to performance issues. And if the demand is high enough, I'm sure a universal update is feasible.

6. someoneios

someoneios Active Member

Aug 8, 2012
    USA
    lol i agree too and i really do hope it comes to the ipod i for one actually prefer the smaller ipod/iphone screen.

7. someoneios

someoneios Active Member

Aug 8, 2012
    USA
    http://supergiantgames.com/?p=1617 heres the link btw.

8. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    It probably wouldn't work well on the tiny screen.

Kinda like World of Goo...it was originally for iPad, but the iPhone version is pretty bad compared to the iPad one.

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    On a similar fate, Extraction Project isnt as good on the iphone but is great on the pad.

10. azt44

azt44 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    singapore!
    thanks for the link mate !

yup . agree with all your say's . however if bastion WERE to really have in iphone/ipod , it's really wow . just wow. :(