Wild Blood: Gameloft Unreal Engine Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Eli, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    And how can we confirm this is paymium. It would suck to spend 699 and have Iap that are needed to really grind through the game. What happened to the old days where you buy a app and don't have to worry about buying anything else.

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    They are still here. Instead of grousing on this thread, go and support a developer who delivers a complete game for a single price.

3. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

I never really felt the need to spend money in Asphalt 7 or Modern Combat 3, paymium games don't try as hard to make you spend more money as freemium games do.

Still, consumable IAP did ruin the AppStore in some ways IMO.

4. San

San Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Marketing Group Manager, Global. Gameloft HQ
    Paris
    NOVA 3, The Amazing Spider-Man, The Dark Knight Rises, Asphalt 7... All of these were premium games, not freemium. You can still do IAP, but this is to unlock some content quicker. It's not mandatory at all. It's a kind of "pay for cheat".
    So I'm not sure what you complain about. Gameloft stills offer great premium games, not only freemium games.

5. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #105 Rip73, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2012
    Just to clarify why the "paymium" is in the title at the moment.
    Generally before a game is released, the internal terms used by Gameloft is freemium or paymium when they go up on Gameloft live. Once the games are officially launched, the paymium term is dropped.
    For example, when NOVA 3 was being beta tested, if you were a beta tester or had a beta tester on your friends list, you could see the game icon and it was called NOVA 3 paymium.
    The same applied to The Dark Knight Rises. When it was being beta tested it had paymium attached to its title on Gameloft live.
    That's also where the icons can be spotted. It is genuine app icon. I think it looks quite good.
    Having paymium in the pre release title just means that it's premium, not freemium. It doesn't exclude the inclusion of iap.
    Anyway, in their earnings call back in March, Gameloft said that all their games this year would have iap whether it is premium or a freemium title.

6. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    Or even better, when they did have all the extra item/currency unlocks programmed in, but all you needed was a cheat code to get them...

7. UnleashthePower

UnleashthePower Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Didn't they abandon MoH because Gameloft had trouble with the Unreal Engine 3? Or was it because it was turning into another MC game? Here's hoping they get things right for this game. In the far future iOS devices should have UE4 games.

8. robyleyes

robyleyes Member

Sep 22, 2010
    #108 robyleyes, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2012
  9. mobilegame08

mobilegame08 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    #109 mobilegame08, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
    09/08 the gameloft will reveal more about the game, moderating the images which was posted images of the header and the name of the game, because they were deleted?

10. datvo06

datvo06 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
  11. elisha11230

elisha11230 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    [​IMG]

Game is called Wild Blood, you can look up the achievements for the game by searching for the user vidra in gameloft live and looking at his games

12. tungtrinh87

tungtrinh87 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2012
    #112 tungtrinh87, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
    This game's icon looks like infinity blade icon .....
    Also, I feel a little bit worried about the game quality, Gameloft excels at creating good FPS and arcade racing game, but I dont know if they can make a good sword- wielding action game or not

13. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Uhm, other than that both icons have a sword they are quite different. And infinity Blade wasn't the first game to feature a sword in its icon...

14. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Looking through the achievements i see 4 classes, three types of weapons (including bows) and a multiplayer mode with ctf. At leat we know it's not an IB clone.

15. Dragnoe

Dragnoe Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Gameloft has done some crazy things. So an infinity blade clone with ctf isn't TOO far off xD

16. Varking

Varking Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Stand Up Comedian
    North Carolina
    Four classes though... Were the classes in the Infinity Blade games? I was pretty sure there wasn't.

17. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Hero of Sparta was pretty decent, actually.

18. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    I wonder why GL never made HoS3 and shadow guardian 2 with graphics that take advantage of the newest ios devices .

19. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Shadow Guardian was up there with their other awful games such as Silent Ops and 9mm IMO. Boring, repetitive, not even very pretty. HoS was a big franchise, I'm wondering what happened to it, too. Pity. Nice variety of enemies and actually great graphics for a 2 year old game.

20. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Yep for its time it looked astounding...on my iPod 4. On my iPad it just looks unbelievably bad. Jagged edges even worth than NOVA 3 on an iPad 2, geez it needed antialiasing. It hurt my eyes just looking at the thing. Polygon count, I will concede, was very high even by today's standards. Just needed AA...

I'd much rather have a HoS 3 or another hack n slash, which this seems to be. Fingers crossed.