Wild Blood: Gameloft Unreal Engine Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Eli, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicoipad

Nicoipad Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    How do you see it?

2. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    The upcoming Unreal game by Gameloft is called Wild Blood! I've tried voting on their Facebook page and it takes me to a new page with a title of Wild Blood!

So this will be a new title from Gameloft. Probably a Hack-n-Slash game. But hoping that it'll be a Skyrim Clone though.

3. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Yeah that's good news I guess. As long as it's not freemium.

4. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    That battlefield reminds me of Lord of The Rings... 3rd person hack n' slash perhaps?

5. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Maybe the dude standing in the picture killed ... :eek: The Hero of Sparta :eek:

:p

6. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    DUN DUN DUN DUNNNN!!!!

I actually do like the idea of a Skyrim clone, though.

7. ipodrocks123

ipodrocks123 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Mistake when they canceled march of heroes. That should have been the first unreal game..

8. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    #48 Fastbridge, Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
    I'm telling you guys look at the ninja gaiden 2 cover for Xbox 360 and in game there's a scene that looks just like that. Bodies and swords all over. That would be amazing if this was a ninja gaiden type game. That's my call. A ninja gaiden type clone for sure. Lol. At least I hope

9. himmatsj

himmatsj Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012

LotR RotK was perhaps my favourite game on the PS2 a good 10 years ago. I've yet to see such a game on Android (3rd person hack-n-slash). Samurai 2 comes close, but it's not as compelling at all.

Hopefully this is a 3rd person hacknslash. Could really do with one! Especially one with an epic storyline.

10. himmatsj

himmatsj Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Ok btw it's 100% confirmed this game is called wild blood. Look into the FB page URL after voting and you'll see wild blood in the string.

11. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Yep RotK was an amazing hack n slash game on ps2

12. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    It's worth noting that, whilst some are certain it's a new IP based on the name Wild Blood, it is possible that 'Wild Blood' could simply be the games sub heading and that it may be another one of Gameloft's current IP's. Not saying it is, but, you know...

Oh, and I'd highly doubt it would be anything along the lines of Skyrim. I've yet to see a game anywhere near as big and indepth as Skyrim from Gameloft.

13. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    Skyrim really didn't do it for me, so I doubt Gameloft could even come close. You guys should seriously lower your expectations.

14. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #54 JBRUU, Aug 4, 2012
    Skyrim clone is come with Ravensword 2...don't know about this. Probably a hack m slash. An in depth RPG wouldn't have a big, badass guy standing over his victory with a bloody sword. Sorry, but 'tis just plain a fighting game. Bring it on :D

15. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Ravensword 2 isn't a Skyrim clone.

16. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I believe Josh said that the game was "inspired by", among others, the elder scrolls games. All I'm pointing out with Ravensword and the other one (forget the name) is that they are very similar in their presentation, gameplay and setting. It may not be an out and out clone, but it sure does remind me an awful lot of Skyrim, or, I should say, the elder scrolls games, just like MC3 reminds me of Infinity Ward's MW series. And MC3 is a copycat if I ever saw one. So, maybe clone isn't the exact word I mean, but something roughly around that that.

17. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    #57 ironsam80, Aug 4, 2012
    Hope not to be an arena hack n slash like Dungeon Hunter 3 or Eternity Warriors..
    Did they say how many votes they need to show us the teaser or the jpg?

18. e_i

e_i Active Member

Jul 8, 2010
    New Jersey
    I hope it's a Demon Souls/Dark Souls clone.

19. Kbcorwin

Kbcorwin Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    It's a third person open world rpg, there may not be a ton of games like that, but yes, the elder scrolls are the most well known ones, personally, I think it's a category of game (I.e. not all fps games are wolfenstein clones just cause they're first person shooters.)

20. Klemen

Klemen Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    You're right. But Ravensword 1 was an Oblivion clone, so I'm not wondering if they're all expecting Skyrim "mini edition" in RS2.