iPad Wii ware games made into apps

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by inferi22, Feb 13, 2009.

1. inferi22

inferi22 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    There has been a lot of wii ware games ported over and I was wondering if any one else thinks they shud port over good ones like lost winds and world of goo. They are both better than the majority of real wii games

2. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Yes.

Toki Tori is coming soon.

Pop, Tiki Towers, and Midnight Bowling/Pool have already been ported as well as a few others.

3. inferi22

Jan 11, 2009
    I no but wouldn't world of goo be perfect it easy to pick up and play and controls would work great ps.could someone please contact the creators of world of goo

4. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I think they already were. Why not send them an e-mail yourself?

Equlibrio's being ported over, too. Can't wait :D

5. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Of course they should port over the good ones :) I don't know how active the World Of Goo developers are on their own forum, or if they just decided to ignore the question, but there are two or three different threads asking about an iPhone port that have gone unanswered, starting around September of last year.

6. soccerstud652

soccerstud652 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    I'd think if anything they are going to go as downloadable content on the DSi (to compete with iTunes).

7. inferi22

Jan 11, 2009
    But idevices can simulate wii gameplay much easier and I am pretty sure app store sales are doing better than wii ware and world of goo really wouldn't, work on dsi becouse you would need touch screen on both screens vbecause. That small touch screen at the bottom wouldn't be big engough where an iPhone would be perfect. And lost winds requires higher graphics than the de can handle and the dsi just uses de games ps can someone find the creator of world of goo's email adress for me

8. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Not an email address, but it is a way to contact him: http://2dboy.com/contact.php

9. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Erm... not really.The top screen wouldn't have to be touch, it could simply be a map of sorts like many other games. And don't forget, the DSi touch screen is bigger than the iPhone screen.

10. inferi22

Jan 11, 2009
    Everyone must send a message to 2 dboy now

11. RealArcade Dude

Feb 12, 2009
    iPhone games guy at RealArcade
    Seattle, WA
    I'd love to see the Strongbad Cool Game for Attractive People games put on the iPhone. Course my five year old can't get enough of Strongbad.

I have to store various episodes of the Strongbad cartoons on my iPhone at any given time for her to watch.

Not WiiWare, but from XBLA, I'd love to see an iPhone optimized version of Castle Crashers. It would most likely have to a be a different type of game as I don't think those controls would well with a touch screen. I just love the Behemoth's work, especially Dan Paladin's art style.

12. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I would love to see Castle Crashers. I don't know if it was always destined for XBLA, but it really ticked me off when I found out that's where it was headed because I don't have an XBox 360.

13. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    I second that, that's probably the one game I want more than any other that could even remotely be ported to the iphone/touch

14. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    Alien Hominid could be cool as well. I doubt either will happen. Especially considering the way that The Behemoth bungled the Castle Crashers patch.

15. CrocStock

CrocStock Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    We already have enough bad games for the iPod (Match 3 puzzlers, Sudoku games, bad gimmicks...), the App Store really doesn't need any other typical trash.

16. RealArcade Dude

Feb 12, 2009
    iPhone games guy at RealArcade
    Seattle, WA
    Not a WiiWare title, but a fun Wii game that I've seen on regular mobile... EA's Boom Bloxx could be done well for iPhone.

17. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Give me Castle Crashers for the iPhone, and would really jizz in my pants. I can't think of a greater port.

18. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    on a related note, some xbox live community games I've been enjoying lately are...

The Maw
    Johnny Platformers Biscuit Romp
    CarneyVale Showtime

19. inferi22

Jan 11, 2009
    Get back on topic how awesome would world of goo be and if any of you havent played it play the demo for computer I don't have a link but you can google it

20. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    #20 s0mah, Feb 14, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
    Tiki Towers - monkeys - coconut trees + black slime = your answer.