Wii U Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Jacob007, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    That's true - I remember Mario Party 9 (I never got to play it) and the huge 4 year time gap before it being released after Mario Party 8 in 2008 (MP9 got released in 2012, I believe).

2. Gryphon

Gryphon Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
    BTW

Nintendo has said they will continue to do what they did with Bayonetta and Bravely Default. Namely take games that the publisher's have given up on and assume responsibility and bring them to wii u and or 3ds.

More fanboy rage coming?

3. On the contrary, Nintendo has been making so many Mario games and spinoffs lately that I've stopped caring about the franchise altogether. Milking at its worst IMO.

4. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    I mainly just want a 3d Mario game and a Mario rpg. I don't care for most of the spinoffs, even Mario kart.

The games Im looking forward to the most on the wii u are smash bros 4, bayonneta 2, shin megami tensei x fire emblem and x ( also referred to as xenoblade 2)

5. TheEvilRobot

TheEvilRobot Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    Did you guys hear about A Link to the Past 2?

6. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    Mario Kart has definitely gone downhill since the Wii version came out. After Double Dash, it pretty much died out.

Anyways, I'd love a new 3D Mario game to see where they take the franchise next, after Galaxy, which I loved.

7. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    If anyone needs proof that EA cut support for Wii U over idiotic and petty reasons, just look at what they said about it.

They first said wii u was the first of the next gen consoles and wanted to build a base with it. Then after Nintendo refused to make Origins the official eshop they claimed that the wii u was current gen and they would focus elsewhere in a complete 180. Now they have even said the wii u is less powerful than the 360 and ps3 ( the opposite has been proven true) and now developers they own like DICE outright lied and claimed that frostbite 2 engine didn't work on Wii u so they didn't bother with frostbite 3.

EA is extremely petty and is indeed one of America's worst companies.

8. They are my second-most hated video game company (after Zynga of course)

I thought that since the CEO quit that they would go backwards and continue to support Nintendo, but alas

I hate EA so much

9. earthclaw

earthclaw Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Freakin Space Alien
    Alienville
    With the decline in Wii U sales, Wonder if there will be a drastic price drop (100.00+) by christmas time? Last time i checked the 3ds sales where keeping nintendo afloat. Any thoughts or insight on this?

10. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    I don't know but around October is when the Nintendo published games will be coming which will drive up sales.

11. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    This guy sums up my feelings.

12. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Just stick a fork in them, they're done.

13. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Copying from the comment I posted on the front page

14. TheEvilRobot

TheEvilRobot Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    #155 TheEvilRobot, May 8, 2013
    Last edited: May 15, 2013
    Hmm...

15. You know your system is in trouble when a full console port of the most popular video game series in the west gets outsold by a spinoff on another "dead" system with a Metascore of 33%. Obviously Nintendo isn't going anywhere (only because of the 3DS at this point), but can you blame EA for wanting to not waste their time and resources?

16. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    http://playeressence.com/eas-unprecedented-partnership-with-nintendo-and-other-fairy-tails/

continued in next post

17. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Continued

Continued

18. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Continued

19. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member