Wii U Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Jacob007, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
    They will be at E3, they are just changing things up a little. Doing it a bit differently.

2. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    2K Games is not having a booth at E3 for what its worth.

http://playeressence.com/2k-games-will-not-have-a-booth-at-e3-2013/#more-15041

3. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Here are some more thoughts on Nintendo and E3.

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Nothing at E3 = nothing worth showing. It's too much of a platform to ignore. If you want to make a big, impressive splash, that's where you do it. No alternatives. Instead they're just going to weed out boring little pieces of information that most people probably won't even notice. GTA V being the exception.

5. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    But they will have stuff to show at E3. They are just doing it differently.

6. laxking97

laxking97 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Utah
    Only the press will really see it. There won't be a presentation being aired, other than the directs. I mean, sure, you and I will watch the ND, but that's because we already have the systems. I'm hoping that there will be some good announcements, but even if there are, they won't get nearly as much coverage.

7. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    They will have one or two booths and have all the games playable. Everything I read was that Nintendo wants this to be more intimate and also mimic their Pax East booth which was more intimate for people. I don't know what else But more news is coming often about their e3 plans.

8. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Plus we have whatever Sega is announcing for the Wii U at E3. That's something for Nintendo fans to look forward to. Some rumours have said anything from some new HD ports of older games to new exclusive titles.

9. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    #130 Gryphon, May 1, 2013
    Last edited: May 1, 2013
    The wii u got hacked already it seems.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/01/wii-u-hacked-according-to-modder-group-wiikey-nintendo-responds/

10. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    I've been wanting to avoid the thread since the 1st to avoid it just being me posting but this news is awesome.

http://playeressence.com/nintendos-big-plans-for-summer-fall-include-blockbuster-games-and-a-revamped-marketing-plan/#more-15403

11. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    I'm actually curious where the series will go after Galaxy. I mean where do you go after planets?

Also I hope it isn't called Super Marion Universe.

12. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    One last thing I need to mention

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/34099#.UYP4rfnH-H4.twitter

Eternal darkness is getting a spiritual sequel for wii u and possibly pc.

The question I have is, how will they do it since Nintendo owns the patents on the necessary game mechanics?

Unless Nintendo steps in and takes over the game to make it good ( and exclusive)

13. Oh I need to play the original game

14. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    #135 Gryphon, May 6, 2013
    Last edited: May 6, 2013
    I'm annoyed that people are writing off the wii u before any of the major guns have fired.

We haven't seen the 3d Mario, new Mario kart, bayonetta 2, X ( sometimes informally called xenoblade 2), shin megami tensei x fire emblem, wind waker hd or new Zelda, wonderful 101,game and wario, pikmin, 3 Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's cut ( which if online comments are any indication might move some systems), yarn Yoshi, professor Layton wii u game, or smash bros yet. And all of those will help boost sales.

15. Every game you listed is a first-party game except for Deus Ex, which is nothing more than a (very late) port. Third-party support is almost nonexistent.

16. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    The reason for no third party is that there are concerns there isn't enough of a base for games (According to Namco). Once the system sellers get things going there is a better chance.

Plus rayman was supposed to be third party until Microsoft and sony pressured ubisoft into making it multi platform. Whose to say they didn't pressure other companies into making their games multiplatform instead of exclusive.

17. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    I've always loved Mario Bros - this is indeed great news. Although, you're right, it does irritate me that people put off the Wii U when most of the more notorious games (Mario Kart, 3D Mario, Pikmin 3) haven't even been released yet. I'm glad we're getting approximate release dates, though.

18. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Those notorious games are notorious for being few and far apart, that's why. Nintendo take forever getting their games out of the door.

19. laxking97

laxking97 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Utah
    I have a Wii U, and truthfully, I've kinda put it off for now. The console just wasn't ready to launch. I've had it for 5 months, and I've maybe played 10 hours? It was slow to boot up (which has now been fixed), launched without the Virtual Console, which was launched a week or two ago, but only has 5 games (honestly, how hard would it be to include all of the games at launch?), and it hardly has any games. Everyone keeps saying "wait till the spring" we'll now its spring and most of the games have been delayed till summer or even fall. By the time any of the games are out, the PS4 and the Next Xbox will be coming out right after. I'm very excited for the games coming, but why couldn't they launch it with ANY support? The most I use my Wii U is for a remote on my TV because the remote broke. My game system shouldn't only ever get used to change the input from Dish to my PS3. How hard is it to understand.

tl;dr I have a Wii U, and I don't think it's worth it. Maybe in 6 months it MIGHT be, but for now, skip it.