Wii U Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Jacob007, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
    My friend in Israel told me that on an Israeli news site there was an article saying Nintendo was preparing to cut support for the wii u over the next year and write it off as a failure.

He didn't sent me the link as my Hebrew is not that good and I wouldn't be able to read it. Does that sound plausible at all to anyone that Nintendo would do this?

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I don't think Nintendo would do this without having another console prepped for release, and I don't think they have another console. So no.

What makes the story sound almost plausible in my mind, is that it's basically right on the money. As soon as the console was announced I voiced my concerns about it's risky timing and lack of focus on a specific target audience, and as far as I can tell I was correct. Developers dropping support is the final nail in the coffin, it sends a clear message that the console is not a serious contender.

3. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    There was a rumour going around at one point that I wrote off as ridiculous that Nintendo was going to announce a new console called the triforce that was going to be made by them and 2 other companies. Sega ( which is plausible I guess) and Namco ( Which is why I dismissed it as it doesn't make sense)

With this rumour, Im wondering if while the story doesn't seem likely, there might have been some truth there.

4. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    What if Nintendo pulls support and goes handheld only?

5. The story is full of ****. Just ignore it. All because the Wii U hasnt had a successful first few months does not mean it is dead. Look at the 3DS in it's first few months.

6. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Correct. Developers dropping support is what means it's dead ;)

7. Could you tell me the developers who have dropped support excluding EA?

8. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Y'know, there is always google Translate.

9. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Already emailed him about it. WIll share the link if he sends it.

10. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Why would an Israeli newspaper/media organization get the scoop first on the Wii U? It's completely ridiculous.

11. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Hence why I asked if it was plausible. He didn't send me the link ( Im still waiting) and I don't think it true myself. Nintendo stuck through a lot of hard times in the past, it doesn't seem likely they would cut support so soon.

12. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Im now reminded why always call him an asshole.

It was an april fool's article and he decided to leave that part out to tease me.

False alarm folks.

No more real than the super wii u.

13. And all is calm in the Nintendo universe

14. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    That's because there's nothing worth playing.

[​IMG]

15. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Batman Arkham Origins just announced for Wii U.

I can't wait to get enough money to buy a system so I can get that, MH3U, Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, and of course the big Nintendo franchises.

16. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Did EA really cut support? And did any other developers?

17. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Some other support is getting dropped on a game-by-game basis, like Sega canning the port of Aliens Colonial Marines, but that's also in part because the game is terrible and not making any money.

Deep Silver have also dropped the Wii U, which means, and I quote, "no Saints Row, no Metro, and no Dead Island".

The biggest hit is definitely EA though. Battlefield 4 launches later this year and it'll probably be a fairly big deal on every platform it supports.

18. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Jeeze Nintendo cant save the wii u just with first party games.

Maybe its time to write this one off and go back to the drawing board.

19. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Has activision and EA offificially dropped support?

20. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    I want the wii u to succeed but I dont see this ending well for nintendo unless they do something amazing by E3