Wii U Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Jacob007, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/nintendo-planning-future-platforms-6403198

This one sparked rumours that ended up with people saying sega and nintendo have co developed an upgraded wii u.

Allegedly there were rumours beforehand that the wii u would be upgradable.

I dont know how true any of it is. Ive just been saying what I see people saying on twitter.

2. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Just so you know, everythign I say is from twitter rumours.

I even asked Nintendo on their twitter feed and got a DM saying no comment at this time.but they would say that either way.

Its also possible the wii mini was what the rumours were about.

3. The Wii Mini was released in Canada the week after Thanksgiving IIRC. It has nothing to do with the investor's meeting.

Nintendo was being intentionally vague in that report. It seems to me that the "integration of architecture for future platforms" is nothing more than a possible goal for the future. People just read too much into things.

4. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    So basically twitter rumours galor?

5. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Yeah, it's obvious you don't post anything factual. Livin' in la-la land, aren't you!! Blah, blah, blah! Wishful thinking at best. At least you admit you really don't know anything, I 'll give you that....... Just a fanboy!

6. Basically just don't pay attention to Twitter rumors unless they're coming from mainstream video game media.

7. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    All right then.

8. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    BTW, Help settle a debate

Is bayonetta 2 a AAA title?

9. In my opinion, yes.

10. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Its the main reason Im purchasing a wii u.

11. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Is it true that Nintendo purchased part of the IP for Bayonetta?

Im trying to find the source for it, as I could have sworn I saw it before, But Im not having luck now.

12. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    I think the clear reason for the console's lack of success is that there are no good games for it right now that are exclusive and all the major games coming seem a long time off.

How can Nintendo resolve this if they plan to wait till E3 just to announce games that might not come for a long time after that?

13. You forget GDC, PAX East as well as any Nintendo Direct's they can do between now and E3

14. Bring out the free-to-play Pokemon MMO.

15. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Every gamer blogger I talked to said Nintendo was making all the big announcements at E3.

(Granted I only talked to 3 bloggers)

16. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Actually a Pokemon MMO could do excellent buisness for Nintendo.

17. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I'll be at PAX East on Saturday and we're looking forward to checking out the Nintendo booth. They have a pretty large booth and are going to be showing a lot of games, including allowing you to play them. Like Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101. I'm looking forward to checking those out.

Having said that, I would like to see Nintendo go software-only, at least for consoles if not handhelds. Not that I think they will do it, only that it would save me money in not having to buy a Wii U this coming Xmas as is currently planned. So if they were going to do it, I hope they do it before then. :) But probably not. I think the lack of success with the Wii U is partly that the Xbox 360 and PS3 already have HD graphics and probably with the way the economy is, people think that 1 or 2 HD consoles are enough, regardless of what games are available. Maybe as the economy picks up things will turn around for the Wii U.

18. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    What new characters do you hope to see in the new Smash Bros game?

19. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    It seems one good game is enough to start a turn around

http://wiiudaily.com/2013/03/monster-hunter-3-wii-u-sales-europe/

20. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Although I'm not a fan of Monster Hunter, I am glad it's doing well. In terms of other WiiU games, as soon as I finish Bioshock Infinite (which is awesome) on my PS3, I'll be picking up Lego City Undercover.