Wii U Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Jacob007, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Allegedly nintendo filed very recently for three trademarks for Wii 3, wii u 2 and Wii +

Allegedly a new upgraded version will be announced at E3.

2. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    I don't think that's the case. Nintendo mentioned before that planning for the Wii U began right after the Wii launched, just like planning for to Wii began shortly after the GameCube launched. Technology moves so fast these days that these companies don't really have much time to take a break, they're always working on 'what's next'. They're likely just securing domains until the eventually have a name for the Wii U's successor. After all, they're having to take the guy who owns WiiU.com to court because he's deliberately trying to hold them to ransom over the domain name.

3. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    I don't think that will happen so soon. I do think that this generation might be shorter for Nintendo- they might rush something out a while before Sony or Microsoft do. The Wii was on the market for like seven years- I can't see them sticking with the Wii U for that long.

4. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    The rumours are that its an upgraded wii u with faster processing and better graphics and memory storage

5. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    BTW Nintendo aqquired part of the IP rights for Bayonneta according to sources so dont expect to see more games on other platforms. (Unless what they acquired was for the specific game bayonneta 2)

6. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Went on twitter and asked around. The rumour is that Sega co developed with nintendo either an add on to the wii u or an upgraded wii u that will be announced at E3.

7. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Well one of the rumors about the Wii U-prior to be revealed-was that it would be upgradable in some way.

8. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    I think come E3 nintendo will have some major announcement with the wii u as a platform regardless of the rumours.

9. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Nah, this big turd is dead in the water. It hasn't sold well and I wouldn't keep one if you gave it to me. I've played around with it and it doesn't do anything for me at all. RIP U

10. You obviously haven't seen Monster Hunter 3, Lego City Undercover, Bayonetta 2, The Wonderful 101, Legend Of Zelda Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3 or the forthcoming Super Mario, Mario Kart, Smash Bros. or Legend Of Zelda, plus all the inevitable announces like Metroid and Animal Crossing

It might not appeal towards you, but these games are going to get a lot of Wii U sales. The Wii U now is just like the 3DS in it's earlier state. It will pick up in the next year or so

11. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Plus if it is upgradable that will help it so much,

12. 99c_gamer

99c_gamer Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    How is the resolution and screen quality of the wiiu gamepad. Compared to say an ipad 2?

13. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Apparently namco is working with nintendo on the new smash bros game.

14. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Yeah, that's been known for a while now.

15. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Does that mean we might see some namco characters in the game?

16. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    I would settle for sega reviving older franchises for Wii U. Panzer Dragoon Saga, Streets of Rage, Gunstar Heroes, Shinobi, Skies of Arcadia, Vectorman, Comix Zone, Shining Force, Phantasy star as a non online game.

17. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    So its going around the net that capcom is trying to relicense the tatsunoku characters for a wii u sequel to tatsunoku vs capcom. Thought?

18. It would be nice if you included sources for your info. I haven't found anything about Tatsunoko vs Capcom or the upgraded Wii U you posted a page back anywhere.

19. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    The tatsunoku vs capcom is a twitter rumour nothing concrete.

http://www.gamespot.com/wii-u/updates/

These links sparked rumours of an upgraded wii u or a new system altogether

which got people talking on twitter.

20. What am I supposed to be looking at? I don't see anything that suggests an upgraded Wii U from those articles. o_O