Wii U Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Jacob007, Jun 26, 2012.

1. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Possibly depending on age and gender - I have 3 boys from when they were younger to teen to adult, they played Super Smash Bros. at least 10x as much as MK, even though they like MK. It didn't hold a candle to SSB, and the main game they are interested in the bundle that I got above is SSB.

2. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I might just do that lol

Thanks for the input. They are pretty small, 4 year old girl and 5 year old boy, they are mostly into Minecraft, Fat Princess, and Little Big Planet at the moment.

They don't have a lot of experience with Nintendo games, they know who Mario is, but like Sonic and Pac Man more(yeah they're weird :p).

I am leaning towards SSB since that has Sonic and Pac in it, but I might just end up getting both like JCman said.

3. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    That is the easiest solution. As you are no doubt aware, there are lots of characters in SSB, many fewer in Mario Kart. The fighting in SSB can be quite complex, but it is also easily picked up by novices. The Mario Kart series also has quite a lot of complexity to them - and the driving can be frustrating for the younger ones, but with some supervision from you, they will probably pick it up quite well.

4. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Just bought Hyrule Warriors and DK:TF from that Best Buy Cyber deal. I'm so broke now this holiday! But it's worth it ;)

5. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Bought my Wii U several months ago shortly after Mario Kart 8's release. No regrets. I am loving the hell out of playing Nintendo games again after passing on the Wii. And I mean, as soon as Zelda U was announced, Nintendo had earned my inevitable purchase of their console.

6. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    So I ended up buying both MK and SSB along with two Wii U pro controllers. Was also going to get a Wiimote Plus, but I will hold off for now.

7. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Good choices! Enjoy!

8. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Picked up Super Smash Bros. today, and it is exceptionally fun.

9. Zerodactyl

Zerodactyl Well-Known Member

Anyone up for a team-game in Splatoon? I'm currently level 23, ranked as B in ranked battle, and I mostly use the Splattershot Pro. Looking for players at any skill level. #

10. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Add me JCman7. I'm level 29 rank A- I'm only on usually around 10pm-1/2am ET

11. Zerodactyl

Zerodactyl Well-Known Member

Awesome! I just sent you a friend request via Miiverse, and hopefully we can form a tag team soon. :)

12. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Got it!

13. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    Mario Maker is one of the best games I have ever played without a doubt. If you have fond memories growing up with Mario games you have to buy this game. There is just so much variety and surprise in almost every level you play.

I have made a few levels so far

Super Herman Bros 1-1
    Super Herman Bros 1-2

They are re imagined versions of the original level of Mario, a little harder but sort of the same vibe.

I hope more people support Nintendo because without them the future of our favourite pastime won't be as much fun.

14. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Totally agree.
    There's some amazing creative levels that people have made, I can imagine they will only get better as more items unlock over time.

15. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    I'm contemplating getting a WiiU just for Mario Maker, looks very cool

16. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    I bought my WiiU about 18 months ago just for Mario Maker and now that at last I am playing it I don't regret my purchase at all. Its the best game I've played in a long time, money well spent.

Buy it now and get creative.