Wii U Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Jacob007, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Zerodactyl

Zerodactyl Well-Known Member

There may not be anyone on it later but I might be able to play on Saturday and Sunday (unless I am absorbed into the gameplay of Tomodachi Life that is). I may also change the tournament at the weekend (you can still join) so that it's only open on Saturday at a certain time.

2. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Star Fox Wii U!!!!!

3. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    We've had internet problems over the weekend so we didn't join but hopefully will see you in there at the weekend. I need to practice as you whoop both me and my daughter lol.

4. Zerodactyl

The new code should be up by Sunday and I'll hopefully be able to play!

5. laxking97

laxking97 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Utah
    I went with Wii Party U, only because I already had LoZ WW, NSMB U and my 40% off choice was Pikmin. If only the US Club Nintendo had the 10 choices like the others, but oh well

6. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Haven't been paying attention to the U since it's disappointing startup. So, in you're guys' opinion, is this thing done? Or is it redeeming itself now, and a worthy purchase?

7. Zerodactyl

With all the new games that have been announced at E3, it's now worth buying. Also, Mario Kart 8 is available to buy for it and Smash Bros is coming out soon! And also, remember that a new Zelda game is coming in 2015 and many more great games.

8. Zerodactyl

My new MK8 tournament for you all to join!
    Name of Tournament: Official Dactyls
    Code for Tournament: 1851-5883-3167
    The tournament is only online on Saturdays now but I can edit it later. Hope to see you there!

9. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Hiya, so sorry I missed it, we've been out today shopping so haven't loaded up Mario kart. Will catch you next week if your not around during the week.

10. Zerodactyl

There were a good couple of races yesterday. I should be able to play next weekend and hope to see you racing (you can still race today, but it won't count towards the leaderboards unless I change it in the settings)!

11. If you like playing the kinda games Nintendo makes, I think it's worth having now. I think the problem up to now is that it's mostly been a drought but if you haven't played Wii U yet there's a lot of stuff to check out and you can get most games for pretty cheap.

I got a refurbished one for $200 a few months ago. With Nintendoland and Super Mario 3D World, it was worth it for me already. I got NES Remix 2 and have had a blast with that. Nostagia city.

I just started Mario Kart 8 a week ago and it's totally amazing. The online works pretty well although I keep getting whooped. And that came with a free copy of Pikmin 3 for me, which is a pretty unique game experience.

I split time mostly between Vita/3DS and Wii U/PS3 so I've got more than enough to keep me busy cause I don't have as much time to play games as I used to.

12. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
  13. GameLvnGurl

GameLvnGurl Member

Oct 28, 2012
    So Target has buy 2 get 1 free on video games and I was wondering which games to get? I have Super Mario Brothers and Luigi through the bundle I got. One of them will be Mario Kart (and I will be getting Zelda as my free club Nintendo game) but not sure what the other two should be. So far I am interested in :
    Mario 3D World
    The Scribblenauts games
    Duck Tales
    The Mickey Mouse game

Give me your recommendations and thanks for your help.

14. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    I think you're right! So I ordered one online (haven't got it yet) and picked up some games for it. I also like that it's backward compatible! Got Mario 3d, Rayman Legends, Mario Kart 8, and a few old Wii games I used to have so far. Looking forward to playing!

15. laxking97

laxking97 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Utah
    #496 laxking97, Jun 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
    You have to get Super Mario 3D World. In my opinion, SM3DW is the best game on the entire Wii U system.

I love my Wii U. There has definitely been some droughts, but by now there are enough games that I don't care too much any more. A year and a half ago, I definitely regretted my purchase after a month or so. But now I consider the Wii U my favorite system, and it gets a LOT more play time than my 360, One, PS3 or 3DS

16. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Yeah, I got rid of my Xbox One two months ago, after it just sat there since Christmas and gathered dust. To me, I shouldn't ever have gotten it in the first place! Some good U games coming down the pipe soon I hear!
    :D

17. Well for one there is Smash Bros :)

18. Zerodactyl

Also, the new Zelda game, Star Fox, Hyrule Warriors, Mario Maker (if it counts as a game) and many more great games to look forward to too!

19. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Add Yoshi's Wooly World, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker and Bayonetta 2. :D