Wii U Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Jacob007, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Crzychkn

Crzychkn Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Utah, USA
    #421 Crzychkn, Dec 30, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
    Deleted.

2. Malrulezzzu

Malrulezzzu Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Quoted..and thanks unless you gave it away already.

3. Gryphon

Gryphon Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Anyone going to check out Dr. Luigi?

4. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Depends on price. Do we know what it will cost?

5. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    It is $14.99 according to Nintendo's website

That's assuming you are living in North America, though :p

I'm not sure... I might try Dr. Luigi, but it's not a priority. I think I am going to buy Earthbound actually.

So happy that I'm in love with my Wii U finally. It's a great feeling. No longer do I walk in and mock it for collecting dust. Now it's my serious gaming console aside from the 3DS :D

6. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Yea, the ps4/xbox people will scoff at gimmicky features like the gamepad, but once you use it, it's so convenient. Even if you don't game on the smaller screen it's nice having additional info ready at your finger tips. No more pausing and messing with the menus (depending on game). And the wii U is *the* system to get for any sort of party fun.

7. sampdx

sampdx Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Pm'ed.

8. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    I must say the most convenient thing for me is that the gameplay has no lag whatsoever when mirroring games so I can play full fledged games while watching netflix with my wife, I tried doing the same with ps4/vita remote play but It was only lag free when no one else was using the wifi so might as well play it on the tv. The gamepad doesnt have amazing range in my house but it works flawesly most of the time and is suprisingly comfy to use even for extended periods.

9. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    I was under the impression you could connect the Vita to the PS4 via a local connection between the two consoles. Is that not possible? I'm wondering if that would make the lag marginal when using Wifi for Netflix and such.

Off of that topic: I beat Super Mario 3D World the other night! 30 hours! :D I think the reason my playtime was a little higher than some is because I ventured out to get all the stars and stamps, and some hours were dedicated to multiplayer with my mom and one of my friends, Joe. :)

Such a brilliant game. <3

10. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    My wii u went to 3 different houses over xmas. Wii party u, nintendoland, Mario 3d world and loads of wii sports... One night i took the balance board to a mates and 4 of us took turns on the wii fit multiplayer games.... So much choice and flexibility with this console.

One of the best games of last year, Rayman Legends, arguably as good as any Mario game past or present. Having immense fun going through that on the wii u, as is my gf. Hooked. It's definitely the best version on wii u as the 'Murfy' levels need the touchscreen. Having played most of it previously on the pc, i was surprised just how more challenging those levels become.

Bargain price for Rayman now.... I got it for £17 delivered on Amazon and i think it's around £23 on the nintendo store. Buy it, you wont regret it! :)

11. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I ordered a Wii Fit Meter, so I guess I'll be pretending to exercise soon. :)

12. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    I finally found one of those at Best Buy... I have been looking for them since November or so, but Best Buy finally had them. I bought that snap lickety-split!

13. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Readily available from amazon. That's where I ordered it.

14. sampdx

sampdx Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2011
    #434 sampdx, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
    (gone)

15. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Thanks...

16. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    So Nintendo is in trouble, but we love our Wii U. I also really like Wii Fit U. The best part is actually the Fit Meter Challenges. It's a cool way to motivate you to walk and it's working for me. I've been taking more walks so I can scale pyramids and make my way virtually around NYC. :)

17. sampdx

sampdx Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2011

Pm'ed.

18. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    New Nintendo Direct tomorrow. And it might be a big one. Soraya Saga retweeted the announcement which means there likely will be a new trailer for X.

19. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    The direct will be 41 minutes and will also have new info on the new smash bros and quite likely bayonetta 2 and maybe new announcements