Wii U Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Jacob007, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
    do you have a link to a source for that, that I can share?

2. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I saw it in the Redbox app. If you go to the Coming Soon tab and pick Games you'll see it. Here:

[​IMG]

Took that snapshot several days ago, thus the coming soon for GT6.

3. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Ok, just checked it again and SM3DW is no longer showing. Now nothing shows so… hmm. ???

4. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Yes, they're still limited, though most still offer the maximum 30 uses. Honestly, I don't think I've ever used a demo more than 10 times, much less 30, so it should be enough for most people.

5. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    Well i'm glad you're happy with your purchase, but you can't generalise and say that "everyone is loving the console". The people with faulty units, and my mate who bought one on release.... He really isn't in love with it. Anyway, it's all subjective... I know they'll be some great stuff on ps4 & xbone, but right now, for me, there's some superb content available on the Wii U. Last weekend i had a 'booze & wii Party u' session with some mates..... Nobody does minigame madness like Nintendo... We had an absolute blast!

6. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    No, I meant are they available for a limited time or do they stay on the store forever (or at least a long time)? On the Wii they offered limited demos and as I recall they were only available for a limited time. Though it's possible I'm misremembering it.

7. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    No, like the 3DS eShop, they seem to be permanent. I've yet to see one disappear.

8. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    That's not true, actually. The 3DS eShop's demos rotate out every couple weeks.

The demo will stay on your system when you download it, but not all the demos that were available a long time ago on the 3DS eShop are available currently. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance, Resident Evil: Revelations, and I think Style Savvy: Trendsetters... those were all there before, but now they are not.

9. laxking97

laxking97 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Utah
    You can't really generalize that everybody who got a ps4 excitement didn't last past the initial switch on, but get mad when someone says that it seems like everybody he's talked to loves the console...

Anyway I love my Wii U, and I'm sure (when I eventually get them) I'll love my Xbox One and PS4.

10. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    Get mad? Oh please, i'm too old for that. I have no allegiance to any manufacturer. My initial post was just to bring a bit of parity to his cocksure remark about wii u sales.

11. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Not over here in the UK, every single 3DS demo released here to date (including the ones you noted) are still up for download on the eShop.

12. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Nintendo Direct tomorrow covering upcoming titles till the end of spring

Worldwide

That usually means new game announcements

13. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
  14. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Hyrule Warriors looks like it might be dumb fun.

I have to say that that new Yoshi's Island (3DS) art style is really not doing a lot for me. Kind of ugly. Maybe better on the device???

I like that they've made true on the golf thing they showed off way back at the Wii U reveal. That looks pretty cool, especially if it uses the gamepad sensor to improve the realism/accuracy.

15. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    A little something I noticed from the Hyrule Warriors video. I'm begining to believe this is the first game in the timeline due to the uncanny resemblance of Link in Hyrule warriors and Hylian's chosen hero. Both wear shoulder pads and Link is using an extremely untraditional shield. The only difference is the rendering of Hylian's chosen hero wears red cloth and this new Link seems go prefer blue

16. Hyrule Warriors...oh my goodness

17. sampdx

sampdx Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2011
    #417 sampdx, Dec 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
    (Code taken)

Oh and I want a wii u. <-- just thought i'd add that. :D

18. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Very nice of you! Too bad I own it already too, hope someone else will claim it. Hope you get a Wii U soon!!

19. sampdx

sampdx Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Probably wont get a wii u for quite a while actually. I was just watching some youtube videos of Super Mario 3D World though and it looks so fun. New Super Mario Bros U too. Also with Mario Kart 8 coming spring... Want! :) i think it's pretty cool you can play all on the gamepad too.

20. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Yeah it's great to play on the gamepad, fun to go anywhere in the house and still be able to play as long as you are in range. I can go on my first floor with my console on the second and it still works. Pretty awesome