Wii U Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Jacob007, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
    The major system sellers haven't hit yet, so of course sales aren't high. They went up for Pikmin 3 though and that's not a major series, just imagine what will happen when Sonic, Mario 3d world, donkey kong, Mario and sonic at the Olympics, and wind waker hd come out this year. And if its marketed right, the wonderful 101 could move units.

2. I don't think you know what a system seller is.

3. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Lets see, Mario 3D world, that's a 3D Mario game, therefore a system seller. Every previous Mario and Sonic at the Olympics game were system sellers for the Wii. Sonic always sells more on Nintendo systems than other consoles and may not move as much as Mario by any means but will help. Donkey Kong has ALWAYS been a system seller for Nintendo consoles and Wind Waker HD (if the price is lowered) will definitely move systems. When the price was lowered on amazon for a few days in shot into the top 5 bestselling games on amazon

4. Nintendo fans said the same thing about NSMBU and even Pikmin. While most of the the games you mentioned do sell well among the already existing fanbase, they don't necessarily translate into console sales and are far from being "system sellers."

5. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    I'm just going by history. Mario and sonic at the Olympics has surprisingly always been a system seller. Mario 3D world will sell because people want 3D Mario and not 2.5D. Sonic will satisfy those who want a Mario galaxy type game and a new sonic game, and again donkey kong has always sold systems.

6. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    The big 3 sellers will come next year with Mario kart 8, smash bros 4 and X. Bayonetta will also help

7. #367 Haruhi, Aug 12, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
    History shows that NSMB on the Wii sold almost 3 times more than Super Mario Galaxy did. NSMBU should have pushed a lot more console sales than it did.

The original Bayonetta bombed in sales, and Monolith Soft is still very much a niche developer. The two might do well in Japan, but I'd be surprised if they come even close to being system sellers in the west.

8. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Xenoblade sold more in America than Europe and Japan combined. From one retailer. X will do well.

9. I hope your source isn't VGChartz.

10. laxking97

laxking97 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Utah
    I agree with MK8 and SSB, but X and Bayonetta are pretty dang niche. Those games will not cause kids to ask for a Wii U, and most people probably won't know what they are. Truthfully, I don't think people should buy a system for one game, but truthfully I'm excited for a few Wii U games more than any game on any other system, other than a lot of 3DS games, Watch Dogs (which is coming to Wii U, but I'll probably get it for PS4) and Destiny.

11. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Nintendo is going to be announcing a new indie game lineup at gamescom.

12. butterbean21

butterbean21 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
  13. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Nintendo dropped the price by 50 dollars/

14. Ok, lets get this straight: A deluxe Wii U...themed after Legend Of Zelda...with a free copy of Wind Waker HD...and a free digital copy of Hyrule Historia...all for $299

Can someone explain to me how this wouldn't sell (excluding lack of advertising, of course)?

15. tronner

tronner Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    it made me fell dumb for been an early buyer =p~~ never again nintendo

16. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

This.

17. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    I'm glad I waited.

18. PS4 and Xbone.

19. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    The Wind Waker bundle and price drop seem to have had a good impact. The bundle is selling extremely well on amazon.ca

20. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Nintendo direct coming tommorow