Wii U Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Jacob007, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Don't forget there is a Nintendo Direct tomorrow about The Wonderful 101 and apparently there will be an exciting announcement at the end

2. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    I hope its that Wonder Red is in Smash Bros.

3. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
  4. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    What was the big announcement?

5. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Not sure. Platinum games later said it would come after the direct so I will let you know

6. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
  7. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    The extra bit is that there will be an Iwata asks video for the game in Japan.

A demo will be on the eshop in Europe and Japan today and in America in a couple of weeks

8. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Nintendo sure knows how to disappoint. LOL. Not that the game isn't cool looking, but that's the big announcement? Wow.

9. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    I'm guessing that anyways. That's all I could find on twitter and neogaf. Oh and North America might get the demo much earlier than I thought before

10. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    No wait sorry, the surprise was the demo after all. Its now out in North America as well.

11. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    No kidding!! Strange, but I guess there's a few diehards out there who keep hoping to salvage this piece of crap. Guess I would too if I spent (wasted) that much money on this loser of a system. Gotta try to justify that bad decision! Makes sense. Better them than me, though..........:cool:

12. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    No kidding!! Strange, but I guess there's a few trolls out there who keep insisting on spewing their garbage. Guess I would too if I spent (wasted) that much time trolling on something as trivial as a video game system. Gotta try to justify that juvenile attitude! Doesn't really make sense. Better them than me, though..........

I actually thought the recent Nintendo Direct was something of a success. It did what the Nintendo Directs are kind of supposed to do, and that was sell me on a game. The thread over on NeoGaf appears to show that it had the same effect on a lot of others too. I honestly wasn't bothered about Wonderful 101, but after seeing it featured more in depth, I was much more intrigued. Then getting to play the demo sold me on it, it's crazy fun! The Wii U still has a massive hill to climb, and it may never reach the top (or even close) but at least there's some great games to look forward to coming up. My Wii U will sit nicely alongside my PS4.

13. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    There will be 3 real system sellers. Super Smash bros, Mario kart 8 and X.

14. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    The downside is that they're all scheduled for release in 2014. Nintendo could've made a killing if they were released in time for the holidays, especially Mario Kart.

15. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    I should have edited that. I meant to say for next year but also that those will be MAJOR system sellers unrivaled.

16. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Nintendo will have system sellers this year.

Sonic lost world ( sonic always sells better on Nintendo systems)
    Donkey kong country tropical freeze
    Mario 3D world ( this will be a system seller)
    Mario and sonic at the 2014 Olympics ( all the previous games were system sellers and this one will be as well. Even more if its online)
    Wii Fit U ( not as much but still a bit)
    Zelda Wind Waker HD ( definitely will move consoles)

You also have some other games like Scribblenauts unmasked which might push a few to get the system and Wonderful 101 if marketed right will move some units ( if marketed right)
    Then there are other games to play as well

17. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Looks like you got pretty upset considering the subject is as trivial as a video game system.... Says something about you too, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

18. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Not really, I generally couldn't care less, hence why you'll see that I don't post very often, but it's not the first time you've trolled in this thread. People obviously get that you don't like the Wii U, but are you generally 'that' bored that you feel the need to remind people? I personally don't like the Xbox360 (selling it and getting a PS3 was a smart move), but I don't go trolling Xbox360 threads just to show people that I don't like it... I'm 30yr old, not 13.

19. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Just to be clear, since he quoted me, bigrand1 is a troll. :) We are getting a WiiU, it's just a matter of when. We are hard pressed for cash at the moment. :(

I got to see Mario Kart 8 and that to me is a system seller. The game looks fantastic! But I've always liked Mario Kart, especially playing MK with my kids, so that's not a shock. :) Super Mario 3D World and Pikmin 3 are cool beans too. Etc. Plus it's the only "current gen" system that will have free online. MS has pissed me off with making Family Gold which made having Gold accounts for me and my 2 kids feasible, and then taking Family Gold away on the 360 and replacing it with nothing. Grrrrr.

20. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    No, I'm not a troll, just FYI. Must we resort to name-calling? ;) I just have strong feelings about that system, that's all, and to me, a next gen gaming unit doesn't do it for me when they concentrate on peripherals and stupid gimmicks instead of the games themselves. Besides, it's a FACT that the U is tanking whether you like it or not. Look at the sales! Since Nintendo obviously can't/won't make a proper next gen game machine, they should just port their extensive catalog of past games to IOS and Android for everyone to enjoy and make the bookoo bucks there. But they don't seem interested in doing that, either. Too bad. Whatever.