Wii U Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Jacob007, Jun 26, 2012.

1. laxking97

laxking97 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Utah
    Why do you have NSMBU already? Lego City Undercover is pretty funny, but the game play gets old really fast. All the fighting is done with one button with no variation. Since you've got kids you can play with NSMBU and NintendoLand will be a lot of fun. They are both better when you are playing with other people (well NSMBU is just my opinion, but NL needs other people for most games). I can understand Ninty wanting to keep the multiplayer old skool having everyone playing on one system because it truthfully is more fun that way, but for me, all of my older brothers are moved out, and my little sister doesn't like games, so I've hardly played my NintendoLand. NSMBU, you don't need other people playing with you, but I find it more fun. I only got it a few weeks ago, so I'm only on like the second or third world, but so far it's been fun.

2. Gryphon

Gryphon Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
  3. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Because I had actually purchased a Wii U before last Xmas along with a couple games that I got lower than retail via deals at Newegg.com, then decided to not get a Wii U at that time and returned the Wii U. Newegg's return policy sucks, so I sold both of the Wii U games I had on ebay, which would have been pretty much breaking even, but the person that I sold NSMBU to came back and said the game didn't work. I noted that NSMBU only works on a Wii U and not on an original Wii. He didn't respond. I let him return it anyway rather than get bad feedback. So I have a copy of the game and didn't feel like trying to sell it again, especially since it was no longer sealed and thus was worth less. I figured we'd end up with a Wii U at some point anyway.

I don't really blame that person for not realizing that the Wii U was a new console. You've got to blame Nintendo for that.

4. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    #304 MasterChief3624, Jun 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
    I was staying away from this thread to avoid riling people up about how much I was disappointed with the Wii U thus far. NSMB U was the only game I really had any fun with so far (granted, only one of two that I've played, from retail :p), and since I bought it in December, I think I seriously have only fired it up 5 or 6 times. So disappointing :(

But yesterday I found out Game & Wario came out for it, and contradictory to IGN's ridiculously stupid and uninformed review, I bought it from the eShop.

It's a different kind of Warioware game in the sense that it's about a small list of minigames rather than an exhaustive list of microgames. So far, though, the minigames have been fun. Well, to be fair, I've only played through the first one, but it's super fun!

The humor is still there in spades. Even the immature chicken capsule machine made me laugh harder than I have in a while. Seriously low-brow, but seriously well-done :p

And overall, so far, the game feels like a Warioware game. The cutscenes, story, voices, aesthetic, game options... It's definitely a Warioware game. IGN's so dumb. I think they only played two minutes. They actually complained that the cutscenes were just 2D character cutouts moving around a scene. I'm sorry, but isn't that how the cutscenes have always been?

Dumb dumb IGN :mad:

Loving this game so far and I'm glad I went through with the purchase. I look forward to playing it again. And again. And again :D

OH! And on a slightly different note, I discovered the Wii Street U app you can download from the eShop for free... the most fun little app I've ever seen on a Nintendo console! :D I found a storm trooper, a guy in a Google shirt pointing away from a balcony, a rock formation that... unfortunately looked a lot like a phallus, but I ended up envisioning as an adorable snail, and thanks to a recommendation from someone on Miiverse I also saw a cute little turtle in the ocean! :D

5. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Can I share your post? Because you make good points about game and wario?

6. laxking97

May 24, 2010
    Utah
    I've read like 4 different reviews, and they've all said the same as the IGN review. Almost all of them say a few good games the rest are meh.

7. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Destructoid and Kotaku loved the game.

8. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    Haha, I don't mind. But I really haven't played more than a couple hours, so it might disappoint people if it's wrong! :p

Well I read the IGN review and laughed at its stupidity, and then the Nintendo Life review which was a lot more positive. I don't care about reviews, though. I direct special attention to the ones reeking of stupidity, reviewers lacking the fandom necessary to enjoy a certain game, and also the feeling that the people never played more than a few minutes of the game and just based their reactions off of the gameplay videos and demos they saw. IGN's reeks of all these.

And since IGN is so big, it's not out of the question that other reviews give it bad scores because of that. After all, why would a big review site want to compete with the biggest review site?

Nintendo Life and Game Informer had nothing but fun and good things to say about the game, so I couldn't care less about IGN or its comparative website reviews.

I find it super fun so far. If you are a fan of the Warioware series, if you temper your expectations a little in terms of the overall gameplay, you should enjoy it just fine. It's super colorful, super wacky, super funny, super silly, super fun, and there is tons to do. I highly recommend people ignore the negative reviews.

It's the most fun I've had with my Wii U since I envisioned placing it atop a skyscraper and waiting for lightning to strike it and disintegrate it to pieces!

I like how you think, ol' sport :cool:

9. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
  10. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
  11. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
  12. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    I said on twitter that activision should get crash bandicoot into the new smash bros game, a few days ago. I just got a tweet saying they are going to consider it.

13. laxking97

May 24, 2010
    Utah
    Although, it is just the activision support saying that'd be cool and they'd pass it along, so it seems unlikely, but that would be pretty cool. Although, when I think of Crash, I think of Playstation even though he's not technically PS. Maybe it's the fact that it was Naughty Dog who made 1,2,3 and Racing (which is exactly what happened for their PS2 era series Jak & Daxter lol 1,2,3 and Racing (Where's Uncharted Racing!?! Instead we got The Last of Us :( ;)))

14. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Well, Sakurai has already confirmed that there won't be many third party characters in Smash Bros. anyway. Still, on the flip side, Nintendo have just revealed that Captain Olimar and a few of his Pikmin buddies have joined the roster.

15. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    Wonderful 101 looks great! And Pikmin 3 obviously looks boss, though honestly I think I'll ask for it for Christmas. I am worried it might turn into another Pikmin or Pikmin 2, though, with respect to how rare it will become :( Should I hop on it faster?

16. It should be available at Christmas, but it's Pikmin...and Pikmin is awesome...so get it

17. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012