Wii U Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Jacob007, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
  2. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
  3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Triple post. Nice.

4. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Sorry got excited. Ill tone it down.

5. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Everybody don't believe his lies.

6. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    It was probably a spike caused by the rumors that the Basic bundle would be discontinued.

7. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    If you believe this drivel, I've got some swamp land in Texas to sell ya! The U sucks. I've spent time with it. No big deal. And sales don't lie. Keep dreaming, fanboys.

8. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    [​IMG]

9. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
  10. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
  11. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    really looking forward to the Nintendo Direct tomorrow! Hope they don't disappoint

12. laxking97

laxking97 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Utah
    With Mario 3d, Mario Kart, and Super Smash Bros. confirmed, that could be all they show and it'd probably be enough. Everything else is just icing on the cake. Hoping for more Wii U games than 3DS games though. I already have a huge list of games I still need to play on the 3DS, but have nothing it play on my Wii U.

13. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    I'm with you I'm basically playing Sonic racing and that's it need some more Wii U games. Got bored of Nintendoland and beat NSMB pretty fast. I'm hoping they surprise us with one game but like you mentioned those big three games will be enough to make me happy.

14. laxking97

laxking97 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Utah
    I'm 99% sure those will be the main focus, but I'm also 99% sure there will be other surprising games as well.

I won't be surprised if they announce another Nintendo Direct at the end of tomorrow's. I mean, last year they even had a Direct after their big E3 conference. If they had one tomorrow announcing the games, getting people hyped, and another showing gameplay type stuff a few weeks later, that could keep the attention on them. It's easy to have a crazy announcement to be overshadowed by all the other craziness that goes on during E3. If they can excite us, and then a few weeks later when all the other hype has died down, they could get a lot more attention than trying to get the attention during E3 alone.

15. The thing I want to happen is that they spend an hour in this Direct just on Wii U, but at the end they announce a 3DS Direct for the very next day at the very same time

16. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Just heard from a friend who went to the best buy Wi iU demos on Saturday that at least 5 people (that he saw) left after buying a console!

17. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I went to the best buy thing Saturday with my oldest. The wait was way longer than it could have been. They only had one system set up for the demo. Still there were a lot of people in line and nobody left. There was a ton of Animal Crossing New Leaf happening, us included. :)

I tried Super Mario 3D World and my son tried Wind Waker HD. They were both good, but the one I was more impressed with was Mario Kart 8. It looked fantastic! I wish I had picked that one to try. The graphics were great and the course designs looked really good. I loved the anti-gravity course sections. Super Mario 3D World was fun, but the demo was too short to get a good feel for it. I did like the multiplayer (I played with 3 others). Wind Waker HD was Wind Waker HD. My son thought it was great and is looking forward to it.

18. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    I just heard from two more people. One went to the other bestbuy in Toronto and saw quite a few people buy Wii U consoles after demoing the games ( some bought just after watching the demos)

a friend who went to one in New York said they must have sold over 20 consoles at least, in that location.

19. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    The new generation consoles (meaning PS4 and Xbox One) are having the effect of splitting up my current online gaming friends. Some are getting one or the other, some are getting one at some point in the future, some are getting neither. I will not be getting either any time soon. I feel like it's a good time to come back to Nintendo. And there is Animal Crossing: New Leaf. It has rejuvenated my interest in Nintendo and from what I saw in that line in Best Buy, it was a common thread. I think AC:NL may be giving the Wii U a boost.