Universal Widower's Sky (by whaleo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Sep 4, 2019.

1. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    There are so many bugs with this game I’ve given up, already restarted 3 times to fix graphics issues, control problems and deer disappearing (so I can’t complete tutorial objectives) I really want to like it, it’s pretty (when the graphics engine doesn’t blur everything so you can’t see what’s happening), but it’s just unplayable in this state. Will be asking for a refund from Apple :(

2. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I’m just not getting this at all. I really want to like its just not grabbing me.
    The controls (touch I admit) feel unintuitive and complicated, movement feels unnatural in that I it felt like I was floating a lot of the time and as has been mentioned above bugs with things appearing/disappearing.

I’ve no issues with the lack of clarity or direction at the beginning, I don’t mind that at all in general and in the right place I enjoy it, it’s the rest of the experience that just isn’t clicking at all.

Maybe it gains more playing with a controller but it’s a massive letdown for me. Back to playing GRIS.

3. Witlogic

Witlogic Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #23 Witlogic, Sep 7, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    :(

4. boydstr

boydstr Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Male
    Gamer
    Netherlands
    #24 boydstr, Sep 7, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    Hi guys is there anyone that bought Widowers Sky on IPhone 6plus and have the same issues with the game and that is that after the start screen when the game is loading it crashes? suddenly stops loading I reinstalled the game a second time but still the same issue.......can TestFlight be the problem because it is installed on my phone? developer told because a reinstall didn’t worked on my phone it is very hard to find we’re the problem is in the game but he’s trying to fix it the info is that it is playable from iPhone 6 and up anyway Greetzz from the Netherlands.

5. scottsoapbox

scottsoapbox Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Pretty and cool voice over BUT... controls are bad, settings don't stay set, your kid is so small as to disappear from view constantly, and the camera is constantly being blocked by foliage. Deleted and refunded. I have very little free time. I'm not wasting it getting angry at this unfinished game.

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #26 psj3809, Sep 9, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    Well i gave it a fair chance. Played it a fair bit, watched some youtube videos but just not grabbing me at all. All the controls i think are OTT, keep getting lost in the grass or as you say trees and that covering constantly.

I was hoping this would be like Journey or Sky, eg simple controls and just a beautiful game to look at and play through but this game just seems over complex. Love touch screen controls but just not keen on this one. When i saw the trailer i thought it might be like a 3d Limbo, just nice and simple, exploring etc. But yeah all the icons seem to be overcomplex, still havent a clue what some do, went back and took a screenshot of the controls but again just seems ott

Gave it a go for a few days but nah sadly not. Hoping an update might make things better

7. Bobbcorr

Bobbcorr Member

Feb 21, 2015
    I am sorry, I tried, I really tried. This game cannot be played successfully on the iPhone without going blind or burning your hands off. I don't own a controller and was surprised to hear that it's a requirement to enjoy the game. I will try it on the iPad and see.

8. Maslan266

Maslan266 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2017
    Awful game...couldn't even get past the first part. Hate it when developers care more about graphics than anything. It clearly wasn't play tested properly. And for some reason it kept resetting my progress after I quit.