Universal Wicked Lair (by Stefan Pratter)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Nov 24, 2014.

1. bune

bune Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    I found a bug, i tried to resurrect a spider boss after they were killed but the spell bugged. Theres a whirl where the spell icon is and spell slot is unsable. I tried resetting the spell selection but it does nothing even if I choose a different spell.

Besides that its a great game, looking forward to additions to it.

2. vegu

vegu Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Game Developer
    Finland
    Noted, thanks!

3. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    #43 Spinda, Nov 29, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
    Wolves are pretty overpowered. I'm at 2 hours in Wicked Survival with just them and 1 level each of Gatherers, Plunderers and Invaders and still going.

I don't even bother with hiring Spider Queens because heroes won't reach them anyway

4. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    Love the game, I am really looking forward to seeing more additions in the future. A few notes/suggestions:

- As stated from the above poster, wolves are really overpowered. Patrol is a great concept, but creatures with patrol need to be significantly weaker than regular monsters. As it is, I can easily beat the hardest difficultly by building mainly forests with 3 wolves.

- In survival mode, bosses seem to stop appearing sometime after the 30th level.

- Spells need some tweaking. Currently I just use Golem, Mana Cloud, and Lidless Guardian and even if heroes manage to get to the last room they simply cannot pass the summons that I can keep respawning. Meanwhile, attack spells while decent, simply don't have the same mana - effect value considering they are a single effect versus permanent. Maybe weaken summons or make them temporary.

- Heroes need to scale a bit more at the higher levels, in survival mode they can't get past my 6th or 7th floor and I'm up to 42 floors.

- It would be nice to have a few more heroes and may random hero spawns so that it isn't the same 3 all the time. Even if 2-3 rogues, mages, or warriors could spawn rather than 1 of each from time to time it would make things more interesting.

- I'd love to see alternative last floor bosses, perhaps with different abilities or effects over the dungeon as a whole.

5. Zenfar

Zenfar Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Male
    Developer
    http://www.zenfar.com
    Having trouble breaking 2:40 time on easy, I have bought all the level IAP which are well worth it, lots of fun baddies and new boss monsters too!

6. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Noob question: What can I do against the Rogue when he is stealthed? Are there monsters that can see him?

7. Zenfar

Zenfar Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Male
    Developer
    Stealth

He gets un-stealthed in your lair so a Golem can thump him! Also the Cobra can detect stealth.

Also note to dev calculate the best times based on your code even with the player getting the best values on all random numbers (keep this time value a secret) and then delete people who scores are even better than that on the leaderboards, gotta keep Game Center legit.

8. Woodrith

Woodrith Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Hooaah
    Outerbounds
    Got some love: http://www.148apps.com/reviews/wicked-lair-review/

Not sure if it's possible, but to keep things interesting during play if it's possible to have random events or quest pop up?
    Just some ideas:
    Kidnap the princess from the town and keep her from getting rescued.
    Or opposite, rescue an evil doer or monster from the town, kind of a mini boss you can add to your lair.
    Random challenges, I.e., get attacked by three highly trained Knights at the same time.
    Get attacked by another dungeon builder A.I. Who wants your space.

Also maybe have a free form level that cost 2 or three times more, but can place any trap or monster.

Thanks for creating this game and taking time out of your day, hope you have a good one!

9. Zenfar

Zenfar Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Male
    Developer
    Still loving this game gotta send more IAP your way really love the levels more of them would be cool as would a traps pack.

Also more one second winners on the leaderboards.

10. Zenfar

Zenfar Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Male
    Developer
    New heros are awesome, great update, congrats!

11. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Holy crap, that's a lightning quick update. Downloading now!

12. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    The update is wonderful! I love the new heroes and the hero info screen as well. The game does a much better job of keeping the player informed to changes now.

13. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Incridibly well thought game, I love it!

I agree with the comments "more everything"
    And the "campaign mode maybe"

And one last thing
    Maybe a menu where you can see which units are upgraded or not. And then you can see on what floor they are and upgrade them straight from the menu.
    Trying to tap on them when the dungeon is full can be quite tricky.

Otherwise. NICE JOB!
    Thanks!

14. Zenfar

Zenfar Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Male
    Developer
    #54 Zenfar, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
    Awesome

Would be cool it the heroes that are spawned were random each time. Still my favorite iPad game love watching my minions and traps take those heroes down.

Sometime when restarting a game the play button is missing and the speed of the game can be fast even when not selected. I have found killing it as a background task and then using resume fixes this.

15. kyoukusanagi

kyoukusanagi Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    is it just me, or after upgrading ios this game suddenly have no text whatsoever?